IP Daily Chat Tuesday May 15, 2012

You're on Page 4 of 10
Go to
  • Kris11: Don't beat yourself up for it! I'm only on maintenance since March 27, but I found that I had several episodes of eating the foods I used to love, and being unable to control myself. The joy of tasting those foods was wonderful, but I got the urge out of my system and am not afraid anymore. When you've been as disciplined as we have had to be on this program, I think it is a natural human reaction. Just learn from it. Do a Phase 1 day.

Thanks to everybody for the tips on getting the links to show up!

I made my old standby banana pudding and vanilla premade combo this morning, but instead of just putting it over ice, I threw it in the blender with the ice and made a soft-serve ice cream. Felt like I was getting more that way. I'm going to use the rest of it at lunch to make a spinach smoothie with WF caramel dip.

I am finding that this Phase 1 thing is really a good thing psychologically. It gives you a moment to check your habits. For example, I love my Starbucks coffee black, but had been putting either regular half/half or fat-free in it since I started maintenance, because I could. It really is okay to just have it black. Stuff like that...

Welcome to the newbees and good luck on your weigh-ins today!
  • Quote: I see you are approaching onederland, congratulations it is such a wonderful feeling the first time you step on the scale and it registers a 1 before the rest of the numbers. Also only 2lbs. to go until you are half way to your goal. It will be a big victory for you, enjoy it and keep up the good work.

Actually I am not, I am so far from it now, I just did not update my signature yet

I gained about 20 pounds since I reached the 202, I even once reached 201 and then the stupid me decided to take a break!!! The stupidest thing I've ever done, I gained and kept gaining and it is so hard to get back to being 100% OP now
  • Quote: Friday I had a friend ask me If I had more hair. I smiled and said no. Once I get a photo up you will see why, I've been balding for years. I told her I did need a hair cut. She went on thinking it was my hair. I smiled again when my wife told her I'd recently lost a lot of weight. I'm still balding but my face is so much thinner.
    Love it. When women lose weight the first thing they hear is, "Did you cut your hair?", but I guess men hear, "Do you have more hair?"

Congrats to all of the great WI's this morning.

It's rainy and humid here this morning, but hopefully the sun will make an appearance sometime later today. I was happy to get on the scale today and see that it is moving down a little bit this week. I was at a real stand still there for awhile, so hopefully this is a sign that things will start moving again.

I hope everyone has a 100% IP day, and treat your body well.
  • Another newbie here
    Happy Tuesday all. I am excited to be here, as it seems like everyone here is supportive and upbeat. I can't wait to jump in. Make it a great day!
  • Wow, lots of newbies today. Welcome everyone!!! I am hoping for a good day today.
    My DD is going to cut and color my hair this afternoon. That gray color is showing up and I don't like it!!! So that should help perk up my mood. I am also living the 60 degree weather we are having this week
  • Quote: Love it. When women lose weight the first thing they hear is, "Did you cut your hair?", but I guess men hear, "Do you have more hair?"
    It was a great feeling, especially since my wife was there and pointed out my WL.

Just tried to take a self portrait, YUCK. I tend to be the one behind the camera and don't like getting in front of it much. I will ask my coach for a new photo Thursday and have her email me the new photo and the one from several weeks ago.

Smooches back at you shathom you made me giggle with the "smooches" thanks.
  • Quote: Actually I am not, I am so far from it now, I just did not update my signature yet

I gained about 20 pounds since I reached the 202, I even once reached 201 and then the stupid me decided to take a break!!! The stupidest thing I've ever done, I gained and kept gaining and it is so hard to get back to being 100% OP now
    Sorry to hear about the gain, but you realize what happened and you will learn from it, you have to phase off not just quit cold turkey. You have done it before and you WILL do it again. Keep the faith.
  • Quote: Happy Tuesday all. I am excited to be here, as it seems like everyone here is supportive and upbeat. I can't wait to jump in. Make it a great day!
    Welcome aboard, this is a great place to be for support, advice, celebrations and well sometimes just plain venting. Good luck on your journey and feel free to lean on us when needed.
  • NSV for me this morning.

I have been hungry most of the morning. I looked at the clock around 930 and was thinking about lunch! I am learning to better deal with "being hungry" it's not the screaming I NEED TO EAT NOW! Kind of hungry but just a little hungry that in the past I would have moved immediately to satisfy. I'm learning it's okay to be a little hungry and I am dealing with it. Hmmmm and it's almost lunch time. I'm just happy I did not eat before lunch.

I did not get my veggies in this morning and will make sure I do better the rest of the day. I think that is part of being hungry. I had a nice chocolate shake for breakfast, did not get up early enough to make my yummy IP omelet with green peppers and mushrooms.
  • I really wish I had more time to be on here I miss all the encouraging words and wisdom! Everyone is look great and doing so great I'm so proud to be part of this even if it is only about once a week!

I'm still going strong but had to stop in today for a min to get some encouragement even though I'm loosing I getting tired I have a huge headache and food just doesn't interest me at all the last few days! So I wanted to see everyone elses sucess and remind myself that this is so worth it!
  • Morning all,
    Welcome to all the new people. You will love your results with this program.

I'm struggling a little bit. With phase 3, I've started doing some intense exercise. I run for about 20-30 minutes in the morning and then do a strength circuit in the evenings. Some days I have an extra packet but really it's not needed with being out of ketosis. I do have a lot more energy. But last night after my workout I had my peanut soy puffs (which are not very good btw) and I wanted another packet. I resisted it and did not have it. I went to bed. I felt SO guilty just "wanting" that extra packet. Even though I didn't have it. This morning I woke up STARVING. I think my body really did need that extra packet last night.
    I spend so much time punishing myself for wanting more when maybe my body really needs more? I always feel hungry (except after my p3 breakfasts) and can't wait until phase 4 when I can have snacks. Ugh. But then I feel guilty for being hungry... I think this program is great but i'm starting to get too obsessive over something I need to live. I'm scared of food. Why should I feel guilty over something I never ate, but wanted to?
  • good morning everyone...went to my sons baseball banquet last night ..very tempting it was a potluck so tons of yummy food ..so i ate dinner before i went and brought water to sip on and totally stayed strong..also it was really cool cause people are starting to notice my weight lose makes me feel good.
  • I need a good kick in the BUTT! Have been eating off program and I cm just about there! Mu weight last week was 150 lbs. Only have 3 to get to goal. I can't figure out why I am not sticking to progrann. I think I'll have a long talk with my coach this week ,maybe she can talk some sense into me. I am walking and cycling,but its the snacking that I'm not controlling...........Ok so I admitted this,now I am really going to try and do better. I have also just seen my journal and realized,I'm not writting in it. These nights shifts are getting me off program!!!!!!! When I wake today,I am going to do better
  • Quote: I have been on maintenance since Friday and was doing great until bedtime lastnight. I ate a whole bunch of peanut butter and honey and now I feel terrible (physically and emotionally) this morning. Should I do a phase 1 day today? I just don't want to slip back into old habits. Really disappointed in myself..
    You are FINE!!! Hit phase 1 for a day or 2 if you want. Stressing and beating yourself up is worse on your body than the food you ate. We are all human and will have have stumbles, the key is picking yourself up and moving on.
  • Finish!
    Quote: I need a good kick in the BUTT! Have been eating off program and I cm just about there! Mu weight last week was 150 lbs. Only have 3 to get to goal. I can't figure out why I am not sticking to progrann. I think I'll have a long talk with my coach this week ,maybe she can talk some sense into me. I am walking and cycling,but its the snacking that I'm not controlling...........Ok so I admitted this,now I am really going to try and do better. I have also just seen my journal and realized,I'm not writting in it. These nights shifts are getting me off program!!!!!!! When I wake today,I am going to do better
    Remember...it is not your night shifts that are eating Off Program, it is YOU! YOU are in control! You are so close...finish! Phase off and maintain. You have GOT this.