IP Daily Chat Weekend 5/12/12-5/13/12

You're on Page 11 of 12
Go to
  • Quote: Hello and happy mother's day to everyone out there who has the role of mother - I've had a great week - down 2.4 this week - and I asked my coach to send me my day 1 pictures so I could compare - it was eye opening - I didn't realize what I really looked like before - but I'm more motivated than ever to keep going! For those who have lost a good amount, but plan to lose more - what do you do about clothes? I'm getting too small for my old clothes, but don't want to spend too much on new ones because I still want to lose another 60 lbs. (bras especially! I really need new ones!) Thanks for any advice and here's to an OP week!
    There is a clothing exchange thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...xchange-8.html I just bumped it up from about 10 pages back. You can post things to get rid of or you're looking for.

Molly
  • Quote: Good Morning! I am reporting this morning from inside of Walmart where I just bought two NEW flavors of MIO !!!
    Lemonade and Blueberry-Lemonade.
    I can't wait to get home to try them.
    Happy Mothers Day!

I had posted this earlier this morning. Just in case anyone is curious, I tried the Blueberry-Lemonade and it was wonderful! Will definitely be having this flavor often. Had a very "summer-y" taste to it (if that makes any sense).
  • Total weight and inches lost
    I just finished tallying up my total weight and inches lost, since I started IP on February 22, 2012, I have lost 45 pounds and over 47 inches, can't beat that with a stick, lol. DH is bbqing, DD making a yummy salad, all OP today and fun with the family!Have a great day everyone!
  • Thanks Sewmam, Molly, and NewPath for the encouraging words. I've been perfectly OP today and intend to stay that way. No giving up for me. I'm close to hitting the 60 lb mark with a whole lot more to go. I really do feel so much better and even though this is the most restricted "diet" I've ever done, it really has been the easiest for me. Go figure!

Will ask coach about veggie timing and will definitely get some spinach this week to try the chocolate smoothie.

So glad to confirm veggies are measured raw like meat. Eating my veggies will be a whole lot easier going forward.

Thanks again, love this forum!
  • Quote: So I know this isn't really weight loss related, but for me today it is. I tend to not eat when I am upset.
    I am in love with and have been with my DB for almost eight years now, and he is notoriously bad at gift giving and bad moods on holidays.
    My Mothers Day started out with me cleaning the whole house (I asked my kids to tackle their bedrooms). Not once did he say let me help you, or why don't you let me do that and you can have a break.
    His father told him that his mother wanted flowers for the flower garden and to do that for Mothers Day. He must have thought this was a great gift idea because that is what he got me as well, despite the fact that when we were shopping for hers yesterday I told I didn't want that. It really hurt my feelings that he didn't put any forethought into this and didn't even try to come up with an idea on his own.
    Don't get me wrong, the amount of money spent makes no difference to me, it is the thought that counts! I would have been happy with a handmade card, which I didn't even get one of those either.
    My question is am I being overly sensitive about this? Sometimes it is hard to tell with all the extra estrogen. I am to the point where I just want to tell him not to bother at all, because at least that way I won't be upset on days that are supposed to be good.
    I am writing this here because you have all been so supportive and unjudgemental. Thank you all for that!
    Not sure what DB stands for, just realized it's likely boyfriend.

I used to get very upset with my husband over this issue when I was younger. He grew up in another country and just doesn't get the whole commercialization of holidays.

He also never shops. He has always just passed me all the money he has ever made and lets me look after anything financial. He even lost weight after I went on IP because I don't go to the liquor store to buy wine and he didn't bother to go himself.

Over the years I have realized the present thing doesn't amount to anything. He has been right there and supportive in everything else for 40 years so that is the important thing.

My son is also really bad about deciding on gifts. Today he got his sister to pick a gift for me from both of them. He just usually has no idea what to get. Even with wedding gifts with a registry involved he always gets me to look at the registry and tell him what to get.

As for Mother's day I think family's have different traditions. My take on it is that is it is Mother's day, not spouses/partners day. So he should get a gift for his mother. But you are not his mother. So he was likely grasping at straws and just went with what his father suggested for his mother.

Pat

Anyway just how my thoughts have evolved over the years on this issue.
  • Quote: Wuv-You make so much sense sometimes! I was considering taking photos every week, then though "nah that's nuts" so I'm taking one every 10 pounds instead, figured it's less photo bucket editing I'll have to do at least. And seeing former flames, friends etc. is so motivational when you see their faces right??? I was skinny-ish-athletic in high school but people saw me balloon up over the last decade. The reunion is summer 2013 and I want to go back and blow them all away Big goal for me.
    Le' Yum! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY and enjoy your mongolian grill
    I take pics of myself all the time, when I think I am looking "cute"....lol...I go back through my phone and I am like GEEZE and you thought you looked "cute" that day what on earth were you thinking.....lol....I had my class reunion last year and I have a few classmates on my FB page and they are freaking out, seeing me change...Its great. Most say....I have found what you loss....lol...I can't wait til the next one that is for sure! I was always the BIG girl...NOT anymore...hahahah...2 of my classmates had gastric bypasses since and I have loss more the way I am doing it and I am much healthier and can EAT more than 2tbsp of food!

Quote: So I know this isn't really wieght loss related, but for me today it is. I tend to not eat when I am upset.
    I am in love with and have been with my DB for almost eight years now, and he is notoriously bad at gift giving and bad moods on holidays.
    My Mothers Day started out with me cleaning the whole house (I asked my kids to tackle their bedrooms). Not once did he say let me help you, or why don't you let me do that and you can have a break.
    His father told him that his mother wanted flowers for the flower garden and to do that for Mothers Day. He must have thought this was a great gift idea because that is what he got me as well, despite the fact that when we were shopping for hers yesterday I told I didn't want that. It really hurt my feelings that he didn't put any forethought into this and didn't even try to come up with an idea on his own.
    Don't get me wrong, the amount of money spent makes no difference to me, it is the thought that counts! I would have been happy with a handmade card, which I didn't even get one of those either.
    My question is am I being overly sensitive about this? Sometimes it is hard to tell with all the extra estrogen. I am to the point where I just want to tell him not to bother at all, because at least that way I won't be upset on days that are supposed to be good.
    I am writing this here because you have all been so supportive and unjudgemental. Thank you all for that!
    I KNOW how you feel all too well. I was married to my EX for 19 yrs, he NEVER would buy me or do anything for me. When it came to my birthday, xmas, anniversary or mother's day he would tell me to go buy what I wanted. I wouldn't go buy anything. It would just upset me. I would tell him EXACTLY what I would want and he wouldn't go do it. One year I told him I wanted a jewelry amour and he got me a wax thing for me to dip my hands in....I wanted to THROW it at him, we always did Christmas at my mom's and when I opened it she could tell I was NOT happy. I will never forget that Christmas. So anywho, You are not being overly sensitive some men just don't get it and for the ones who do, better hold on to the tightly!
  • Quote: Hello and happy mother's day to everyone out there who has the role of mother - I've had a great week - down 2.4 this week - and I asked my coach to send me my day 1 pictures so I could compare - it was eye opening - I didn't realize what I really looked like before - but I'm more motivated than ever to keep going! For those who have lost a good amount, but plan to lose more - what do you do about clothes? I'm getting too small for my old clothes, but don't want to spend too much on new ones because I still want to lose another 60 lbs. (bras especially! I really need new ones!) Thanks for any advice and here's to an OP week!
    I am not working, so it's easier for me. For awhile, I just used safety pins to hold my elastic waist pants up. When that got to look ridiculous, I did buy one pair in a smaller size, but kept that to a minimum. I'd wear the 'good' pair when going out and live in the safety pin clothes at home. There are also a couple of resale shops in my area where I got some really inexpensive tops and pants to tide me over until I splurged and bought some Coldwater Creek stuff. Boy was that a treat...

Quote: [COLOR="Indigo"]I take pics of myself all the time, when I think I am looking "cute"
    Wuv, I just wanted to say YOU ARE CUTE! Every new photo is just ravishing, and your smile is glowing! It's really fun to see the progress and hear your stories...
  • My grocery store is always out of the WF apricot or orange spreads, so I bought them at Netrition and got them this week. Just made one of my favorite meals...stir-fry vegees, including garlic and hot peppers, on a bed of lettuce, with a dressing made of the apricot with apple cider vinegar and tamari. Poached some tillapia and used the dressing on it too, with fresh cilantro all over it. Oh boy..... spicy, savory, sweet.... It was Phase 1 compliant and really tasty.

I'm happy.
  • Quote: Wuv, I just wanted to say YOU ARE CUTE! Every new photo is just ravishing, and your smile is glowing! It's really fun to see the progress and hear your stories...
    AWWWWW thank you!
  • The Mongolian Grill feasting was wonderful. I probably shouldn't have had any of the hot n sour soup that came with it (did maybe 1/4 cup of that before setting it aside) and I ended up bringing my own Splenda packets which was wise as their table sugar caddy had none. Also got some finish on a woodworking project for my folks that had been shelved for the last 12 years. Nice to finish something like that.
  • Quote: There is a clothing exchange thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...xchange-8.html I just bumped it up from about 10 pages back. You can post things to get rid of or you're looking for.

Molly
    Thanks!!!
  • Wow, I was a busy lady today. I got all of my flower beds cleaned out, finished raking the yard and bagged leaves. My husband tilled up the garden too. The property looks fresh and ready for growth I really enjoyed all of it. It was 60 out and beautiful. Perfect day for yard work!!!
  • Wuv...looking good as always
    I have a good dh...and 2 nice kids. Dh golfed all morning...then ds birthday party...dinner I made (my choice, my mistake!) soon bed
    Busy day for me, but love my family, do I can't complain.
    On fathers day I am already booking my tee time
  • recipes
    I was making a couple salads today for a get-together, and as I was putting them together I got excited because I realized with a few modifications they would work for me. I thought I would share - and maybe you have had heard of them before:

Cabbage Salad:
    2 cups of cabbage
    1 package of stevia
    2 tbsp. olive oil
    onion to taste
    sea salt and pepper to taste
    1 tsp. vinegar

Toss and refrigerate - (the non-IP recipe calls for ramen noodles and the seasoning packet)

Saurkraut Salad:
    1 can of saurkfraut - drained
    2 packages of steviea
    1/2 cup of vinegar
    1 tsp. olive oil
    diced onion to taste
    diced green pepper to taste
    1 small jar of red pimentoes (optional)
    Mix all ingredients together before adding to saurkraut - when well mixed pour over kraut, and mix well. Refrigerate - will keep for a long time!

I made a batch of the kraut tonight and can use it on and off over time when I'm in a hurry for a vegie serving!
  • cookies
    Made the strawberry jello into cookies tonight for snack - pretty good! I think vanilla or chocolate would be best, but was out of those so used a strawberry one!