Any 30-something Stay-at Home Moms?

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Checking in again.
    Where is everyone?
  • Hi All
    I would like to join in as well... SAHM.. 3 kids .. Almost 6, almost 4 and a 2 yr old... Two girls and the little one is a boy...The girls go to school and daycare... Youngest is home with me.. All of them are home by 1 in the afternoon...
    So I am usually on my toes all day!
    My highest after the third one was around 205 in 2010.. Lost some weight and have been maintaining around 150 for a while..
    I am back on the wagon... Coz I want to push it a little more and try to reach 125.. I am so sick of the tummy fat... All three of my kids were c-secs... So never really worked on strength training... I had gestational diabetes with the third one... So i want to be somewhere in the middle of the recommended weight (110-140)...
    My biggest enemy.... Binge on junk when stressed out...
    I have started P90 x lean ...and am doing it religiously for over two weeks now!!! I only know how I manage to take time out to do it... Sometimes at 11 in the night when the kids are sleeping... Fortunately, I am seeing results... Especially toning, strength and flexibility.. I am also counting calories!!
    Whoa, I just wrote a book on myself!!! Sorry for the long post!!
  • Hi ladies,
    I would love to join in.
    I am A SAHM for 2 years now, prior to that I only worked part time at night. I have 5 kids, a 16 year old step daughter who lives with us, a 10 year old daughter and 19 month old triplets. All c- sections ,I was always fit looking, very curvy. Since I started staying home with the babies, I have let myself go, in more ways then one... I am like a prisoner in my home, and eat like there is no tomorrow. It's terribe. I am on track to start Qysmia is 2 weeks, because I am at rock bottom. It's a shame I am where I am with my wieght. It controls me almost. Its always on my mind, and I'm starting to just be plain miserable to everyone. My husband works 14 hour days 6 days a week, and we just moved 1800 miles away from all family and friends 6 months ago. I am new to posting so any and all support advice comments are welcome!!! I have always been so friendly and personable, but lately I'm to insecure and busy with children to do anything but adaily walk with the triplets .... Look forward to hearing from you all
  • Hi Tripletmplus2!!
    I understand your situation. I had my 3 kids home for some time and it was really crazy ... At least there was some age difference between them. When looking after kids, its so easy to let go... Taking care of ourselves is the last thing we would think of. I realized, I had to do something after hitting 205. I started slow. Like adding a few jumping jacks in between serving lunch to kids. Walking around the house when talking over the phone. Adding a little more movement wherever possible. Reducing portions, one thing at a time.. So if i ate 20 french fries, i started with 18.. And drinking water whenever i felt like snacking... Sometimes, it did work sometimes it did not.
    I saw that you have posted another post about taking Qysimia. I was waiting for replies, but no one has answered yet. I may be speaking out of turn, but is that something that your doctor has prescribed? I read a little about it and it looks like the other weight loss pills. I had at one point of time taken hydroxycut to fasten the weightloss process but then i realized that i did not have to do it and should try doing it naturally..coz u dont know what side effects may be in the long run. I would suggest trying on your own for sometime (month or two) and see where it goes.. And if losing weight does not come naturally to you, Qysimia is always available... I mean unless its been prescribed for u right now..
  • thanks Loseit,

I am surprised no one has replied, maybe its to new? Yes, my doctor suggested it, I have a serious issue with eating. I mean, I can eat and eat and eat and never feel full. I drink water, I have tons of healthy choices, and I do good for 2 or 3 days then binge and stuff my face for 2 or 3 days. I am so active with my 5 kids, and I guess that's why im not 315. I never sit down, ever!!! I want to be fit and more secure so bad, it haunts me. So, why do I binge and destroy what I want most, its nuts???? I enjoy eating so much, its so silly??? I myself tried diet pills in the past and I was very successful. my weight gain started as I was going through terrible fertility issues. 4 years latter I have the triplets, and 2 years latter here I am at 215. I am comfortable at 160, and lived between 140 and 160 for 5 years after my 10 year old was born, so it is possible, but I did jump start that off with ephedra diet pills, and look what happened there...scary. so I am nervous to begin another diet pill, but I am so at my wits end. hopefully I will get some feed back on qysmia, I read up on it, and the risks are similar to any other diet pill, less serve than the ephedra, thank goodness. thank you so much for your feedback, I appreciate you taking the time.
  • Hey tripletmplus2, just checking to see how things are? Did u start taking Qysimia or not? My two girls have their bdays in march end and april 1st week.. So planning to lose 5 pounds by then!!!! Yeah "aim high and then see where it goes!!!" thats what I have been doing for a while.. But i really hope to be out of 140's by april first week ..so lets see!!! Have to go to a bday party tonite so am on elliptical now to afford a piece of cake!!!
  • Hello ladies
    So sorry I have been MIA
    Ive been so extremely busy these last few weeks.
    Out of town / traveing, chasing the kids as usual and trying to keep up with my travel business. Whew Im tired just typing that...LOL
    Im about to read all the new post to see what everyone has been up to.
    Hopefully I can get back on track soon with posting daily.
  • Losit,

I haven't started to lose, I actually gained 5 pounds, however, I did just get an elliptical and have done 30 min 3 nights in a row. I still haven't received the medication, it was shipped today. Fingers crossed, and I'm sayi g prayers that I can finally get myself back together. I am so tired of feeling this way. I will check in a week after I start the med. thanks for checking in!!! N.
  • Hello! I am almost 39 (!)and I have a one month old daughter and a two year old son.
  • Hello,

I am 33 with 3 kids. I had 3 c-sections within 3 years. I think we are done. My youngest is 4 mos (girl), then I have a 19 mo old (girl) and a 3 year old son.

I lost about 20 lbs after my son was born before I got pregnant with my next and then didn't really do anything in between her and the next one.

Come talk to me! How has being a SAHM changed your eating, for better or worse?
    I eat much better now, since we never really leave the house LOL! And since money is tighter, we don't eat as much which helps also.

Do you have as much time to work out as you want? As you think you should?
    NO! I would love to join a gym because I love workout classes, but there is no way at this time in my life. I just do workout DVD's and HULU workouts as time allows. My kids usually just hang out while I am doing them, but if the baby needs me, then I just pause it and try to come back later.

What do you do to amuse yourself? I mean, besides re-alphabetize the pantry?
    Ha! I have 3 little kids! We're lucky if the is reasonable clean, dinner is on time, and everyone's happy. Joking aside, I usually waste my random moments of free time by going online!
  • Tripletmomplus2, i have been watching the Qsymia thread!! This one has been inactive for quite some time... As for me i am still around 145 + or -2 ... Both my girls has their bdays this past month.. So been a lot of partying and good food.. Had some stress at home and as i might have mentioned I am a stress eater.. For me its like i really have to work hard.. Like other people would lose 15 pounds for every 5 that I lose... Coz of my stress eating... I have really good 5 days and then i mess it up all in one or two... As long as i am still in this range...
    Lindalee9, i am just like u... Fast forward 2 yrs!! 3 c-secs in almost 3 years... Similar combination 2 girls and a boy.. Though the boy is youngest.. And 2 yrs 4 months!!! My eldest goes to kindergarten and the younger goes to daycare..as for weightloss.. I maintained around 150-155 for sometime and now back to lose some... Or not!!! I usually have my kids around when i am exercising... The funny thing is that my kids keep asking each other " can u do this" while trying different poses or the poses they think are exercising moves!!
  • I'm a SAHM! Mine are 6, 4 and 1 1/2 (the two oldest are boys, our baby is a girl).

Staying at home has helped in some ways -- way less junk food around (I worked at a newspaper, and journalists loooove to eat junk!). It's easier to have healthy options. On the other hand, it's much easier to snack all day at home than it was at work.

As for working out ... that's tough. I'm SO not a morning person, so getting up before the kids isn't really going to happen. Mostly, I work out after they go to bed, but I'm also sort of self-conscious about working out in front of my husband. I just feel goofy

My kids tend to be pretty self-entertaining -- my oldest is on the spectrum and never WANTED to play with me, so I sort of got used to letting them do their own thing! I tend to spend any extra time either attempting to keep the house and laundry manageable, or playing on the computer
  • Loseit, with all that going on, good job staying around that mark! I'm a huge stress eater, and I would have gained 10 pounds or so , so high five to you!!!!! I know it's not what we want, but with that stress and major fantastic food such as cake and ect....good job! I just received the med last wednesday, and started taking it then, so far so good, no difference in me in any way really? I have not had the urge to binge stress eat, so that's good, I bought an eliptical 2 weeks ago and made a promise to do it everyday for 30 min. From that I have lost 8 pounds. I haven't seen any wieght loss from the med yet, however today is only the 6th day on the starter dose, so fingers crossed
  • May I join?

We have a 2.5 year old daughter. I stayed home with her for about the 1st year and then went back to work. I was working in the ER of our local hospital, but about the 1st of the year they started converting al the full timers to PRNs (not full time = no longer having to offer us benefits) so I opted out and chose to stay home with our little one.

I hit 268 right before I got pregnant... Started to eat healthier and actually LOST weight while pregnant... I got down to 232 recently but as soon as I stopped working I gained almost 10 lbs. 8-(

Come talk to me! How has being a SAHM changed your eating, for better or worse? We are all eating beter now. I used to work 3P-midnight in the ER and the hubby works 7 AM to 3PM, so we were always on different schedules which resulted in us being really lazy and eating out A LOT. Now that I am home and cooking our meals, I feel that we are all eating much better.

Do you have as much time to work out as you want? As you think you should? No... I have a membership at a 24 hour gym, which is RIGHT down the road, but I never seem to get there. I keep "planning" on going after the hubby gets home, so he can watch our daughter, but something ALWAYS seems to come up and before I know it it's 11 PM and I am exhausted... I need to just suck it up, schedule my gym time and get it done...

What do you do to amuse yourself? I mean, besides re-alphabetize the pantry? Hmmmm.... I really don't know... How sad is that? Lately I have been engrossed in the Jodie Arias trial... I am obscessed with trial watching!!! 8-)

Nice meeting you all!!!
    Jenni
  • Tripletmplus2.. Good to hear from you.. 8 pounds way to go!! Elliptical is a good investment..(if u use it!!! Lol!!).. I have has it for around 5 years now and either I am on it daily or its sitting in the back of the sunroom for a long time!! Now that summer's around the corner, I am back to lose some for the 100th time!! I wud really want to feel more comfortable in the shorts and dresses I bought last year hoping to fit in them!! Since last week, I am on elliptical everyday for at least an hr and am not weighing myself.. Its a downer, especially when u r working ur butt off!! So may be I will weigh myself mid may...and do my best till then..planning to do some running outside, now that the weather is much warmer!
    Jenni979, welcome!!! We are all in the same boat!! Good luck!! Start small and may be go to the gym for 15-20 min whenever u can squeeze in?? May be?? Now a days, i do a 20 min on the elliptical before waking my kids up!! And then 20 here and there whenever possible!! My problem is that either I am too good with staying on plan or I totally suck at it.. And there's no middle ground!!
    Right now, am getting on the elliptical to earn that piece of cake I am gonna eat at the bday party tonite!!