Brazilian Waxes

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • AGH I missed the deal because I waited too long. Maybe I'll use it as a reward/impetus for making progress at the gym or something.

Thank you everyone for your stories and experiences!!! I learned a lot from reading this thread.
  • I would say do it, but do research on the place you'd be going to! That is EXTREMELY important.

As someone who worked in a day spa where we did Brazillians, I have heard some ridiculous horror stories, and I have seen the care they take in making sure everything is done correctly. You should never bleed. That's for sure. The price may be good, but the place may not be. If you feel uncomfortable, or if the reviews are bad, then let that deal go.

I have gotten them done several times, and I'd say that it's completely worth it to have to let it grow out for a week or so before you can wax it again. You certainly don't have to let it grow out for a month! If your hair grows slow I would say 2 weeks at max. You'll have to find that out once you get it done. Everyone is a little different. But weeks in between where you don't have to worry about it at all? It saves so much time and effort! Plus, it looks great. Your boyfriend can survive the in between time.

And yes, hot wax is the best, but strip wax isn't terrible. Call the place before you buy and ask what kind of wax they use. If they don't know or can't find out for you, then you're probably safer not going.

Edit: Even though the deal is gone I still say try it out at some point!
  • Definitely yes! I get mine done regularly and I have for about 6 months and if you go to right person you won't bleed and it only hurts up front. If you can put up with it being a little longer than you'd like it to be between waxes, it's totally worth not ever having to shave again. I recommend getting a pumice scrub to avoid ingrown hairs. My Esthetician uses both hard and soft wax, depending on the spot, which is good because the hair growth is different in each area so I would definitely ask about that too. So worth it.