IP Weekend Chat 5/5/12-5/6/12

You're on Page 7 of 13
Go to
  • Thanks for the suggestions today! Hope everyone is enjoying the festivities....next year I'll be enjoying a bit of tequila!
  • Has anyone ate at buffalo wild wings while on ip? We are going tonight and I've never been. It looks like they have plain chicken tenders I could do with a side salad. Or maybe a bun less burger?
  • Quote: Definitely agree on the differing opinions. Had one coach say that you should have at least a piece or two and another say you needed two cups. Third coach said that the most successful people eat the salad and drink a lot of water. I would think that giving up the lettuce for the week or two that it takes to adjust would not have a dramatic impact (possibly no impact). That said, I did see a recipe on these little Artisan Romaine heads from Costco that suggested splitting them down the middle and grilling them. I also thought I had read somewhere on this board where lettuce added to a stir fry.

Good luck with the adult orthodontia adventure. Should add a new dimension to maintenance. Looks like you will hit that goal with or without the lettuce!
    Thanks so much infoplease, evepet, DanafromAustin, 3sisters and everyone else who have been so helpful and supportive. It sounds like I don't need to worry about not being able to eat lettuce while I adjust to being a "metal mouth" (although actually I have the ceramic type). Thank goodness since I have plenty of other things to struggle with during this adjustment period!
  • Jicama!
    Hi everyone.
    My coach told me this week at my WI that Jicama is allowed now. I had never had it before - but tried it and it was good. Nice to have a new vegetable to add to what I've been eating. Feel like I was getting into a rut. Does anyone else eat jicama?? I've just been eating it raw with a little lemon juice on it. Wondering how else I might prepare it.

Thanks.
  • Just checking in tonight! Had the bar-b-que today and didn't end up eating there. We went to Chili's- I got a salad. Had a good dinner- wayyyy full. I am retaining water this week- think TOM is coming soon. Hope everyone has a great evening!
  • Quote: Hi everyone.
    My coach told me this week at my WI that Jicama is allowed now. I had never had it before - but tried it and it was good. Nice to have a new vegetable to add to what I've been eating. Feel like I was getting into a rut. Does anyone else eat jicama?? I've just been eating it raw with a little lemon juice on it. Wondering how else I might prepare it.

Thanks.
    I eat jicama with lime and sea salt. That is how they serve it on the beach in Mexico. I am glad to hear it is allowed as it is my "go to" for mindless hunger.
  • Just had a NSV...... I just fit into some pants I haven't been able to wear for a long time! They fit nicely, too. Didn't have to force the zipper!
    I  Ideal Protein!
  • Quote: The bright spot in my day has been that I did my own personal weigh-in this morning and am down 3 pounds from last week. Otherwise, the day has royally sucked (happy birthday to me!) and I would really love to bake a chocolate cake and eat the whole stupid thing myself. I won't, but I'd sure like to.
    Happy Birthday (for the next few hours). I am happy that you are staying the course -- if you can do this on "your day" then I can also you can do anything. Your progress is a beacon to us newbies -- I hope that you do not mind if I use a little of your willpower to finish off the day!
  • Just a quick check in. Still OP while traveling and staying with my brother. He bought a bag of Oreo cookies........ugh....that was a little tough, but just chewed a piece of gum and made it thru. Great posts as usually today, have a great weekend. I am headed home tomorrow, looking forward to it.
  • Quote: Has anyone ate at buffalo wild wings while on ip? We are going tonight and I've never been. It looks like they have plain chicken tenders I could do with a side salad. Or maybe a bun less burger?
    Yes. Unfortunately I did eat there on my first week OP. It was terrible, but OP. The chicken was dry, dry, dry. I forgot to bring ACV so I ended up just asking for lemons and drizzling it over the lettuce. I won't go there again. If I have to, I will eat first! Sorry. Hope you have better luck!
  • Good evening all, just posting a quick accountable to myself note...I cheated today and feel like a lurch for doing it...I ate an Atkins Endulge bar for a snack instead of just drinking more water. Had a really tough time at Chili's, and even though I ended up eating healthy there, the mental side of it haunted me until I got home. On the "bright" side, Karma decided to come kick me in the bumm tonight and I ended up with water in the basement, so spent half an hour using a squeegy push thingy getting the water into the sump pump well... then promptly got into a stupid argument with DH... oh the things Karma may do to remind one to stay OP...
  • ahhh today has been so hard ..im starving and crabbie ..im pretty lucky that this is day 26 of diet and it really is the first day ive really felt the hunger..hopefully tomorrow will be better...
  • Hi IP Chicks!

Excellent Saturday - I went on a first date with a great guy. He took me to on a tour of a cave nearby (one with rock formations and an actual tour guide, not like dragging me by my hair caveman style...) It was very fun and actually quite romantic

Stayed OP no problem since there was no food involved with this date. We did have coffee afterwards, but that's a no-brainer. Quite happy and not hungry because my stomach is full of butterflies, yay! First time in 2 years (since divorce). Starting to feel like there is a bit of hope for my romantic life, even if not at ideal weight.

Have a wonderful Sunday! Stay strong and OP 100%.
  • Quote: Hi IP Chicks!

Excellent Saturday - I went on a first date with a great guy. He took me to on a tour of a cave nearby (one with rock formations and an actual tour guide, not like dragging me by my hair caveman style...) It was very fun and actually quite romantic

Stayed OP no problem since there was no food involved with this date. We did have coffee afterwards, but that's a no-brainer. Quite happy and not hungry because my stomach is full of butterflies, yay! First time in 2 years (since divorce). Starting to feel like there is a bit of hope for my romantic life, even if not at ideal weight.

Have a wonderful Sunday! Stay strong and OP 100%.
    So glad you had a fun date! i remember you said that you were a bit apprehensive about cave exploring, but so glad it worked out, and talk about perfect with no food right? Think there will be a date # 2 in the future?
  • Quote: So glad you had a fun date! i remember you said that you were a bit apprehensive about cave exploring, but so glad it worked out, and talk about perfect with no food right? Think there will be a date # 2 in the future?
    I am pretty hopeful there will be a date #2 in the future. The problem is my schedule - I have a 2 year old, and I like spending time with her, and I don't like hiring a sitter too much. I'll figure it out, I'm sure. And I've been upfront about that, so the guy is pretty relaxed about it.

The cave was great... the guide turned off the lights at some point and it was completely dark, which led to the romantic moments of the tour... I am now a firm believer in cave dating, and highly recommend it