30 Day Shred~ May

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Panshrmu--I am definitely not a expert when it comes to this kind of stuff but I would say form can definitely impact your knees. I have a knee problem and found I just had to slightly modify my movement and not go as hard. It really helped quite a bit!

I do not commit to the 30DS every single day. I try to add in other types of exercise throughout the week so that I don't burn out quickly. So walking is always good. Just make sure that you balance exercise to suit how you feel and how you can motivate yourself.
  • L2D2 ... 15 days on shred!
  • Wish I'd found this thread at the beginning of May, as I would have joined in. I have tried the 30 day shred before and found myself sore the days after a workout, so I thought it would be effective, but I didn't stay committed for 30 days. I'm going to watch this thread for now and see how you guys do and maybe try it again once I get back home from travels (which is where my videos are).

I didn't notice any knee strain or pain when I did this, but I only managed about 2 weeks last time. I do notice that when I'm heavier (the size I am now), my knees and ankles are a bit achy in general. I'd be interested to hear what others have to say about the knee issue, too -- is it bad form that causes knee pain or just carrying the extra weight and doing those kinds of exercises?
  • I'm on L1D2. I add in soccer and other activities so that I am not doing this everyday as I don't want to quit!

Neon-I did it only for 5 days a few months ago but studying just took up too much of my time. I feel like it's okay if you don't complete the 30 days in 30 days! The idea is just being active, so don't worry that you didn't stay committed--life gets in the way!
    Also, I would say it is improper form and excess weight that causes the pain. It's stress on muscles/joints/tendons that that they have never (or seldom) experienced. Building up the muscles around the areas that experience pain is most important to maintain form and have a less chance of experiencing the pain.
  • Okay so I am on L1D3 going on to day 4. I might switch to level 2. I am hoping this will work for me!! I kind of want to start just a whole new thread about the 30DS but not have it within a month timeframe. Just to have everyone pop in and give their ideas about eh 30DS.

I'm only on day 4 and I already know everything Jillian is going to say on Level 1 so it's becoming VERYY annoying!!