A challenge for when you feel stuck in a rut (life in general)

• I was feeling pretty fed up yesterday. Seriously. All of a sudden, I felt incredibly down about the fact I have a crappy job with no prospects, I'm obese, my confidence is at an all time low and so on. So I searched on Google "What to do with my life" and found a pretty interesting page about how when you feel stuck in a bit of a rut, you should turn off your computer, sit in a quiet room with a pen and paper and give yourself 20 mins to write down 100 things you want to do in your life. Example: go to mexico, learn to ride a bike, run a marathon. Write it all down, no matter how big or small or impossible it may seem.

I think this is something everybody should try once - it actually made me feel a lot better, as I realised many of my little goals are achievable! I also found that once I got started I was writing things that I hadn't even known I wanted to do; I had no idea that I wanted to take part in an archaeological dig!

Give it a go and let me know what surprises you
  • That's a really nice idea actually. Might try it, I don't unplug from this machine often enough
  • ohh great idea!! I read something similar, but it went along the lines of 'what do I have that i'm so grateful for?' - sounds very 'thanksgiving-y' but it really does help you realize that things are AS bad as you make them out to be.