May Feather's Chat!

You're on Page 13 of 13
Go to
  • Dorian5 - I'm fairly new here, but nice to meet you/see you back. I've found so far it's best to just try to forget the off days and move forward. Although that's of course much easier said than done. Are you getting poured on with the tropical storm?

krampus - I love using yogurt for dips. It still feels so decadent! Hope whatever you injured heals quickly.

LisaTcan - Putting the scale away and just focusing on being healthy - eating well & exercising may be good. You may just be plateau'ing for a bit. Maybe mix up what you're doing a bit? Calorie cycling or changing up your exercise routine?

TurboMammoth - I think there is a collective love for feta here. I didn't do any grocery shopping this weekend because we were so busy. now I'm raiding the fridge and pantry to scrounge up meals. Monday night's was pasta, some canned tomatoes and half a block of feta. Not the healthiest and certainly salt filled but man was it good.

philana - I think everyone can relate to wanting to get rid of/slow down TOM. When I was younger I used to miss school during the first day. I'd just lay on the bathroom floor it was awful. So heavy too. Sorry for TMI but if you're having issues like that the doctor should respond. When I started birth control in college it helped immensely. I used to have 7-9 days but now I'm down to about 5. (because I'm old? haha)

Back down to 137.6 this morning, so feeling a bit better, even if that's where I was over a week ago. Played tennis for about 2 hours last night which was nice. Going to yoga tonight so I'm sure I'll see a big water weight dip tomorrow. Still it will be nice if I'm able to see a low 137 or even high 136. Tomorrow is the last day of May and I'm just excited that I can say I've lost 5.5 lbs this month. Still have about 18 to go but that's progress. Slow and steady!
  • Hello. Down to 135.4. 20.4 pounds to goal...
  • Lisa : you look great, you eat great, you ARE great. Noooo scale can take it away from you, even if it doesn't give you the number you want!

Dorian : oh! a visit to the zoo! what a great idea for an anniversary! You gonna burns some calories there by walking all day, girl! And I feel you : the only time I tried a kickboxing video on youtube, I managed to kick (and destroy) my lamp. Nooooot for me

krampus : aww injuries suck. are you going to take a few days break to let it heal? ah huh, the chicken sweet potato black bean casserole sounds YUMMY.

Dottie : to me feta can save many meals from being boring. it is so tasty! I was glad I was able to find some 13% fat feta instead of the 22% at the grocery lol

crazygurl : you're almost at your halfway point to your goal! good job

tonight I took my yoga mat, headed to my deck outside and tried to do some bodyweight muscles exercices.

I'm soooo. Weeeeak. My legs were all shaky on the squats LOL (and on my poor 30 seconds wall sit...) I guess it will eventually get better... Consistency is key, they say. The eating was good, we had teryaki salmon for dinner with aspargus. Plus I peed my life today, hope the rest of my water weight will go down the toilet with it!

My boyfriend is going away for 3-4 days next week, so it's gonna be a ''eating super healthy stuff he dislikes'' festival. I'm already thinking about all the beans and lentils things I want to cook... Might give a shot to some casserole like your roomate, krampus! héhé
  • TurboMammoth - I feel you on the weak part. I went swimming this past weekend and just about died. I have (had?) been a swimmer most of my life - was on a team from the time I was 5 and swam competitively in college. I literally used to swim 3-4 hours a day. Well.... fast forward a few years, I dive in and 10 minutes later I'm like - my. arms. can't. move. anymore. Was good for me to see though, reminded me I need to switch my exercises up.

Hit 136.9 this morning. Went to Bikram last night and had an awesome class. It's been awhile - maybe a month or two - since I've felt like that. Going for a long walk at lunch and hoping to get some tennis in tonight too. I have a feeling I'll bounce up to 137 tomorrow as some of that was likely water weight from Bikram. Still, feels good to see that number. I'm *almost* down 10 pounds since starting in mid April.

Setting a goal for June to try and get to 132. It's ambitious but so far I've exceeded the goals I set for myself, so why not.
  • 128.0 again after eating chicken wings, drinking a tall Guinness, and having a decadently cheesy wrap with macaroni salad for dinner. I consider this a great success as I got up and did 25 minutes of unpleasant sprint intervals (on the elliptical) at the gym before work. My neck feels a bit better than yesterday. Glad it's nothing monstrous.

DottieMae 5.5 in a month is SOLID, especially for a featherweight!!!

crazygurl Nice! You're doing great.

TurboMammoth It's super easy to make! All you need are: shredded chicken breast, black beans from a can, cheese, corn tortillas, sweet potato and tomatoes. And bodyweight exercises --> building strength quickly. I used to not even be able to do KNEE pushups, had to start on the wall.
  • FINALLY had a day on plan yesterday. It may be all in my head, but I feel like my jeans fit better already. Or maybe it's just because I'm hydrated and therefore not retaining water.

I ditched the kickboxing video, but I did that yoga DVD yesterday. Not for a long time, because my boyfriend came home and I didn't want him to see me flailing on the floor like a fish trying to imitate the woman. (He wouldn't have laughed.... not out loud, anyway...) But I must have done enough, because I'm a bit sore today. Not to mention we managed to take Dorian on a long walk again. Yay!

Took my measurements this morning so I could compare as I go, I never did that last time and the scale was my only way of measuring progress, I'm hoping this time I can maybe pick myself up with some lost inches if the scale isn't cooperating.

My mother bought us pole dancing classes to take together... Anyway, I feel like I need to be skinny just to go take the class! I'm not sure when it is, I think we just have to find some classes before September 24th. Should be interesting!

---

Krampus - Oh no, sorry you managed to tweak something weird. That dinner sounds SO good! I love greek yogurt, I eat it every day. I'm an ice cream freak, it's not something I can do in moderation well, kudos to you! I watched my boyfriend eat a choco taco last night. It was awful. Nice job on the weigh in this morning, not to mention hitting the gym! All right!

DottieMae - Yep, all day yesterday it rained until about when I wanted to walk the dog, and then the sun came out. Today it's supposed to be in the 90's and humid though, yuck. Congrats on getting back to a comfortable place, and I'm crossing my fingers for your weigh in! 5.5lbs is GREAT in a month!! Hooray on your weigh in this morning!!

crazygurl61 - Congratulations on your drop! Nice work, keep it up!

TurboMammoth - So, you have to tell me how you do your teriyaki salmon. I make salmon a LOT because my boyfriend really likes seafood and it's pretty healthy. But I ALWAYS broil it with rosemary, garlic, and (oops) a little bit of butter. We are having salmon and asparagus tomorrow too, and I have a bottle of teriyaki in my fridge for stir fry. I did yoga for the first time ever last night, it was a lot of fun! My thighs and abs are a little sore. Yay!

XOXO!! Keep going everyone!
  • Dottie : Being sore from and exercice you haven't done in like forever is a good wake up call, isn't it?? we can do that, we'll get stronnnnnger!!!

krampus : mmm Guinness. thanx for the recipe, I'm so gonna eat that on Sunday! sounds delish and easy... hello, best of both world!

Dorian : I picked the teryaki salmon recipe on Budget Bite, here's the link : http://budgetbytes.blogspot.ca/2011/...mayo-1394.html but your teryaki sauce would probably be amazing to soak the salmon in! I don't know why, but I never thought about putting salmon and teryaki together... we really enjoyed the mixt (oh and if you plan to do the sriracha mayo, taste it at different time point when you add the sriracha :P I think this girl like it OMFG-spicy style!)

I'm down to 135 this morning (yay!) and TOM finally showed up this morning (yaaaaaaay, BUH-BYE, PREGNANCY SCARE!!!) I'm happy about water going away from my tummy, but right now, I'm much more thrilled about the idea that there is nothing growing in my belly héhé

I have an 8k planned for tonight, it's only 18 degrees today so it's gonna be perfect for running. yay!
  • Hi Everyone! I have the morning off...yay! School concerts to manage later tonight at 4pm.

Dorian- measurements are a good indicator. I haven't been good aboutdoin that this time around, you reminded me I need to do better.

Krampus- that's great that you can maintain in the 120's even while enjoy the goodies. You are doing great!

Dottie-you had a great month! Hope your June is just as awesome!

Turbo- you must be relieved!! We are 135 twins!

Here is to a great OP June. Everytime there is a new month I feel so renewed. :-)
  • Had a few good eating/exercising days and feel better now that I've decided to stop obsessing over the scale. I'm leaving for Washington DC/ New York on Saturday and I'm so excited!!

Philiana - I'm a little behind but I think the pill should be ok. I have terrible periods (and pregnancy anxiety!) so I need to be on it. It took me a few to find one I liked but now I'm very happy. I do hope to have children...I kinda just don't think about it lol!

Dorian - Thank you too I think we'll both get back on track. Pole dancing sounds fun, id be way to chicken

Turbo - Thank you today was the perfect day for a run, hope it went well

Krampus - You're right - f@#k the scale :P You eat so much yummy food I love reading your posts!

Crazygurl - You're half-way to goal!! Congrats

Dottie - Congrats on your loss! I kinda naturally calorie cycle but I should try switching up my workouts.