90-Day Exercise Challenge! (May/June/July 2012)

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • kariatari 2.5 inches off your waist in basically a month is truly amazing!!!! I think you should be VERY proud of yourself. For me, I would be so happy for those results! Just the though of taking up less space in the physical world is something I always find interesting to think about! I mean even eating well and exercising all the time I'm lucky to lose 1in off my waist a month.....
  • So...that was quite the pity party I threw. Sorry about that. LoL! Thanks for the words of encouragement though, Dot! I shouldn't be complaining because really do feel great - more energy, more confidence, better skin, etc. And that's really what it's all about, eh?

Are any of you girls runners? How have you been doing in the heat?
  • kariatari haha no problem I'm feeling like throwing a pity party myself lately because of the stupid scale

I don't run, but I do a lot of hiking and since I live in a desert I got a pass up the tram to the mountains to do my hiking.
  • 2.5 inches is great to lose! I know to you it doesn't seem a lot and I can understand your disappointment if you had been expecting more but be proud of what you did achieve. I'm still waiting on my waist and boobage to give over and lose some inches.

I also don't run, I don't think I'd be fit enough for it. But when I am out walking, I see people running in the heat. The heat wouldn't be nearly as warm as what you get in the US but warm for us and I don't know how they do it at all! I saw a lady out this evening and she was running and had a bottle of water in her hand drinking it every few seconds. It had been warm all day here. Even though it was overcast for most of the day.

I'm just wondering will there be a topic for August/September/October for this? I find it great for accountability and looking back on what I have done. Also, I get enjoyment of being able to come back and edit it to say I did exercise. It's almost like a little reward for what I have done.
  • Dreamer, I'll start a thread later next week. I like it for accountability too.

I usually run, but it's been about 92+ degrees at 9:00am about every frickin' day, so I've just been sticking to kickboxing. I keep telling myself I'll run after strength bands class, but by the time I get out it's already 95 and I don't handle heat well. However, I'm definitely more in shape now, so maybe I'll find a shady route and give it a try. I can always just walk if it gets to be too much.
  • Brilliant! Thanks.

Can you run in the evenings? Does it be cooler then? I usually wait until the evening times to go out because it does be cooler. Sometimes even until 8 or 9pm. Hardly anyone out either around then.
  • yay! I'm so glad there will be another one I really like these threads and they've helped me soooo much.
  • I just realized something. Sometime in the middle of the next challenge, I'll no longer be a "20-something." Not that I'm dreading being 30, because I do believe that the 20's are the new 30's....just hopefully not as much of a sh*t-show. So anyway, I'll start this thread here for the next challenge, and then I might pass it on to someone else to take over.
  • kariatari I can't believe you'll be 30! You look so young in your avatar!
    If you couldn't find someone, I would totally be willing to take over for you This is my 2nd 90 day challenge and these challenges literally changed my life. I can not stress enough how amazing they are and how much I love them

Today was super exciting for me. I did the San Jacinto peak hike again today. It's 12 miles, goes from 8,500ft to 10,800 and the first 2 times I did it it took me 6 hours, but today it only took 5! yay!
  • Way to go Dottington! I'll bet the view is phenomenal! Thanks for volunteering to take the thread over. I'll start the next thread, and then you can start the one after that. Sound good?

About my avatar - It's probably about 4 years old. LoL!
  • kariatari Oh the views at that elevation are insane! Sounds good about the thread oh haha I'm sure you still look the same if its only a few years old.

Taking one of my best friends hiking today. Always a little nervous about taking people to higher elevations.....
  • The new challenge is posted!
  • yay! Already created my post I'm totally going to fill in the rest come august 1st!
  • I had mine done out like last week and saved in a word document until the topic was posted. LOL. I'm weird, I know.

Thank you for posting
  • dreamer haha love it!