Initial Visit/ Joined IP Experience

• What was your experience when you were cleared to join IP? The doctor at my clinic reviewed a few pages of the Client Profile only and asked a few questions and said okay. No tests were done and no follow-up to date. Issues such as stomach problems, etc. are dealt with by my "coach".
  • Same here - fortunately I didn't have any problems to deal with. I scheduled a physical with my primary doc just to be safe.
  • Just went in today for my consultation. I have tons of problems because I'm so overweight - GERD, high blood pressure (not on meds), insomnia - and to top that all off, depression and anxiety. She also didn't seem too put off with my health problems but to be honest, it's not something I worry about. She did, however, say that she expects me to be off my antacid within a couple of weeks, my blood pressure to settle down, and to sleep better. I'm going to give it a couple if weeks and see how I feel. I start Tuesday!
  • I filled a health profile form (several pages) which I don't think anyone looked at. Nothing "medical" at all was done. No pb check, etc. I do have a physical every year, though, so I am aware of my health issues. My doctor had given me an approval note for IP, though, so that I could put the $200 consultation/start up foods on my Flexable Spending Account. I was comfortable starting IP since she knew about/approved it. I go to a wellness center/health club for IP. The closest thing to a medical professional there is a dietician.
  • I'm in Canada and its much different here! There are NO medical prof's who run IP, no doctors, no nurses nothing. Just Bob Joe who decides to sell IP. I went to my family doctor before I started but my clinic really doesnt care who you are as long as you have the cash to pay!
  • Quote: I'm in Canada and its much different here! There are NO medical prof's who run IP, no doctors, no nurses nothing. Just Bob Joe who decides to sell IP. I went to my family doctor before I started but my clinic really doesnt care who you are as long as you have the cash to pay!
    Any idea what the mark-up is on the products? I'd love to know.