Feather measurements

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Hi Feathers!

I am just wondering what your measurements are like. Weight isn't all there is to be said about our overall appearance.

I've gone down quite a lot since I started. My starting measurements:

Thigh: 26 inch
    Hips: 38.5 inch
    Belly: 34 inch
    Waist: 32 inch
    Ribcage: 31,5 inch
    Calf: 16 inch

And now:
    Thigh:22.8 (-3.2)
    Hips:36 (-2.5)
    Belly:31.8 (-2.2)
    Waist:26.7 (-5.3)
    Ribcage: 28.7 (-2.8)
    Calf:14.7 (-1.3)

I feel like I have massive thighs, so just curious to see what you all are writing down. Hahah.

• Oh, good idea for a thread! I don't keep track of anything other than my bust, waist, and hip. And my waist is the only thing that ever changes, no matter what I weigh.

It's late in the day so these are measurements current as of about a week ago:
    Bust: 36
    Waist: 26
    Hip: 35.5

I'd like to get my waist down to about 25. Possibly less. It'll be easier in the spring and summer time because I naturally have a lighter appetite when it's warm out. Plus, I spend far more time outside moving around than I do in the winter, when I just have to force myself to use the gym.
  • These measurements are about a week old, but I don't think they've changed much:

Bust: 36"
    Ribcage: 29.5"
    Waist: 24.5"
    Hips: 34"
    Thigh: 19.5"
  • I wish I had a measuring tape handy!
  • I did my first set of measurements when I was at 160.5 lbs:
    waist: 33.25
    bellybutton: 38
    hips (above butt): 42
    butt: 43.5
    bust: 41.25
    ribcage: 33.25

My measurements as of 3 weeks ago:
    waist: 24 (-9.25)
    bellybutton: 28.5 (-9.5)
    hips: 35.5 (-6.5)
    butt: 37 (-6.5)
    bust: 36 (-5.25)
    ribcage: 29 (-4.25)
    calves: 13
    thighs: 22 [ARGH ]
  • My starting measurements are in my ticker and I have updated measurements every 10lbs on my blog but I'm too lazy to look them up at the moment.

However, my current measurements (might not be 100% precise, haven't checked them all that recently):

156lbs and 5'6"
    Bust ~"40 (depends on the bra) I wear somewhere between a 28HH-JJ depending on the bra type
    Underbust=28"
    Waist 29.5-30"
    Belly button 33-34"
    High Hip 35-36"
    Hips 38"
    Thighs 23"

My midsection depends a lot on the time of month and what I ate, hence, the range...
  • Great thread. I took my measurements last week for the first time so I could track progress.

Bust 38
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 37.5
    Thigh: 11 1/4
    Bicep: 11 1/8
  • ah, i might as well. euughh..

weight: 139
    height: 5'2"
    bust: 38.5
    waist: 31
    belly button: 35
    hips: 39
    thigh: 21

i look forward to taking another set of measurements when i get closer to goal.
  • I really need to get a measuring tape. I lost mine and haven't measured in a while.
  • Oh gosh some of you are putting me to shame! I've starting lifting so I hope these will go down, I have one of those awful body types where I have skinny arms and legs are carry all of my weight in my torso.

Bust: 38
    Waist: 29
    Belly Button: 33
    Hips: 39
  • I want a measuring tape darnit! I'm getting to the point where I can comfortably pull a pencil skirt that used to be a struggle to zip down beyond the smallest part of my waist
  • Oh man, this is reminding me of the full-body measurements I need to take for a "goal reward" dress I'm having made!

Bust: 33"
    Ribcage: 28"
    Waist: 23.5"-24"
    Low waist: 28"
    Hip: 32.5"
    Thigh: 18.5"

Sharing these measurements really helps remind me of three things:
    1) I definitely don't feel as tiny as my measurement make me realize I am -- more evidence of how hard it is to see your own weight loss in the mirror.
    2) Body recomposition is my next fitness goal -- I would love to shrink that low waist measurement (fat on stomach/back) and thigh measurement (ditto) and increase the hip measurement (butt muscle)!
    3) I need to buy new bras a lot. Haha.
  • Yeah lackadaisy that's TEENSY! Especially the hip measurement!

I measured myself this morning using an inflexible industrial measuring tape and a USB cable.

Bust: 32.5"
    Waist: 26"
    Hip: 36"
    Thigh: 20.5"
  • I measured today and I lost a half inch off my hips! I was wondering why my pants fit better.
  • Krampus - hahaha thats amazing that you measured with a USB cable I was actually laughing out loud.

Sontaikle - congrats!!