140 lbs down - Hit Goal 18 April 2012

You're on Page 7 of 8
Go to
  • ... Ishbel's ENTIRE thread should be required reading for newbies ...

Great work! Congrats!

• Thank you so much for sharing -- especially going through the decision on surgery. I have no problem with people who choose that option, but like you, coming up with the money was going to be a BIG challenge for me. You look wonderful and I love the ring idea!
  • We have the same birthday. I knew I liked you! LOL
  • Hey,

Not sure who's reading the entire thread but I've been trying to put an update on here once in a while. Almost like a little mini blog I guess (no way could I have the time to update a blog daily or even weekly - glad others do because I read theirs! )

So today is 1 year (18 April 2013)...today I've hit the milestone of long term weight loss. WOOHOO, YAY ME!!

When I first started IP I wrote down my wishes (something Dr Beck tells people to do). I wrote "why did I start this" then I updated it with "what's better about my life now" and then I added "how much work did you put into it to get this far"

Today, I added to my poster

1 Year maintenance! and the following is what I added:

- long term weight loss - I feel a HUGE sense of accomplishment, I am proud of ME!
    - I managed my emotions yesterday, I have managed my emotions so far today and I plan on managing my emotions tomorrow.
    - accept the situation and play the cards you are dealt
    - conquer or crumble - attack the little bit NOW
    - believe when others doubt

I'm pretty stoked that I weighed in 4 lbs below my goal. I have followed the rules of maintenance as prescribed to me, 1 fun day followed by 1 Phase 1 day...I have fluctuated this past year within 5-6 lbs...with a little spike after Scotland that was fixed by 3 days of Phase 1 (the most I've done in maintenance).

Good luck in whatever weight loss efforts you take, I know KNOW Ideal Protein worked for me. It helped me learn it was ok to say no, that there will always be cake. It helped me learn to listen to my body (didn't know I was gluten sensitive or lactose sensitive until I started Phase 4.). It helped me change my lifestyle. It helped me learn there is no better time then RIGHT NOW to change...don't wait till Monday. It also helped me learn a bit of self compassion goes a long way. Forgive yourself quicker, no sense beating yourself up! (I work on this everyday, it doesn't come easy to me but I'm better at it today then I as yesterday and much better then 2 years ago...it's like learning the piano, it takes practice).

I've also learned that other ways to lose weight work for other people...they just didnt work for me. How I lost weight and how I maintain are my personal choice and that's 'ok'. If it's working for you, KEEP DOING IT!!!
  • Congrats. I am so proud of you.
  • You look AMAZING!!! Congratulations!
  • You look wonderful.
    And that you for sharing!
    Thank you for inspiring.

I loved your ring story, and I think I will borrow your idea
  • Fantastic!
    You are so beautiful and inspire me. Fantastic journey and accomplishment. Thank you!!! Way to go!!!
  • HOLY SNICKERDOODLE... You look amazing!!! Awesome job.
  • Congratulations, Ishbel! and thank you for sharing your story! Thank you for the inspiration and reassurance that it can be done.
  • Woah! you look fantastic!

I still can't believe I went a year without a chocolate bar!! ---> this is exactly what I want!
  • Hey Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all your wonderful comments.

I know I posted that I would try to keep this updated but I've been a little busy growing a new human. My plan in the last year was to get married and start a family, it happened quicker then I thought.

It is an emotional rollercoaster to lose from highest weight 151+ lbs and then turn around and actively be ok with GAINING some weight back. Thankfully I have a good healthy lifestyle now. I was running, I love LOVE to run but needed to stop running at the beginning of my pregnancy and then was advised to stop walking for a while. So now I use Leslie Sansome's "WALK AT HOME" programs (I have five of her videos) to try to maintain some of my fitness level. I also do prenatal yoga.

I have also announced to my husband that we will be buying a jogging stroller for my use during my maternity leave. Looking forward to going for walks outside...this winter in Canada REALLY sucks this year. I'm usually an outside winter activity gal but this year it's SO SO cold and I'm too scared of falling that I haven't been outside enough. It has an effect on moods for sure.

Here is a picture of me at 27 weeks.

• Amazing!
  • You look AMAZING! Congratulations!!
  • Such a pretty woman!! Congratulations on your hard work.