WS with foods from the grocery store?

• Anyone do this? Buying from WS / Diet Direct isn't an option for me - the funds simply aren't there. I can however buy things regularly available at our local grocery store, as long as they aren't too pricy.

Has anyone done this? I looked today and found a few items I think should work and come out okay, like the Jillian Michaels whey powder makes a shake identical to the WS pudding shakes.

If you do this - what do you use to sub for WS foods? I'm really looking for a sub for the dessert item and the snack bar - everything else I've found something that works already.

Also, does anyone know of a way to get the WS guide without buying a package?

And yes I'm aware this isn't doing proper WS, but my Doctor has approved it and is monitoring me.
  • You can download the pdf of the eating plan on the website.

Pure Protein bars would probably be comparable. I would check out Genisoy crisps for a savory snacks. Kashi has higher protein cereals.

Basically the plan can be summed up to this:

1 Protein serving, cooked weight 4oz very lean (140 cals/serving) or 3 oz lean (170 cals/serving)

2 vegetables (approximately 25 calories/serving)

1 fruit (approximately 60 calories/serving)

1 starch (approximately 80 cal/serving)

2 optional (<20 cals/serving) (1 of these can be a dairy) (dairy 50/cal a serving)

7 meal substitutes (3 meal replacements, 3 protein supplements, 1 bar)

Most of the meal subs have between 70-150 calories and 12-15 gm of protein.