*Anyone know some good smart phone apps to help?*

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I was wondering if anyone knew of a/some good smart phone apps? Just to help out?
    What is everyone using?

• I use MyFitnessPal! It is by far my favorite. I also have a pedometer, fitness pro, iMapMyRun and they are all great and free!
  • I use MyFitnessPal as well to track my calories. I don't know what I would have done without it!
  • I use Noom which is working rather well for me. It logs your calories and your exercise and so forth.
  • I use LoseIt to track calories and exercise, as well as graph my weight.
  • I use the spark people app, the annoying thing though is that it doesnt sync with the website so im kinda looking for another. But not wanting to move from using spark people lol. Argh. Does myfitnesspal sync with the website?
  • Quote: Does myfitnesspal sync with the website?
    Yes! It's why I went from FatSecret's caloriecount to MFP. MFP syncs immediately. I log my foods both on the site and on my phone depending on what's easy at the moment. So I love the sync.

So I use Myfitnesspal
    For mapping my runs I use runkeeper, mostly because it tracks your runs nicely and you can sign up for upcoming races and see what your friends are doing if they have their runkeeper to their facebook too. And you can log your gym-exercises with it too.

That's all I need really.
  • I use MyNetDiary. I found it to be more visually pleasing and user friendly compared to myfitnesspal. It could be because I used it first so I just felt more comfortable with it.
  • My favorite thing to do with my smartphone when out and about is to just use the internet. I just google "calories in x" and it's much easier to find what I need. I found that some apps had some foods and others had different ones that I just gave up using them and use my best friend google.
  • I use Loseit - it also syncs with the website.
  • Myfitnesspal is great.
  • I have mfp too and like it.
  • another LoseIt user.
  • is there a way to stop myfitnesspal from taking the cals you burn in exercise and adding them onto your calories left for the day? I prefer not to eat back what I've burnt and it was nice to see "x calories left".
  • You can change the calories burned number when you are entering in your exercises. Maybe just input the exercise calories burned as zero?