IP Daily Chat Wednesday 04/18/2012

You're on Page 6 of 11
Go to
  • Quote: Are you also eating the required 8 oz. of meat/fish/chicken for dinner?
    Yes! I eat my 8oz chicken everyday.
    Since 8oz was too much to eat for dinner, my coach suggested that I eat 5oz for dinner and 3oz for breakfast. Maybe I should just be patient and continue on 100% OP for another week before seeing results!
  • Just returned from WI.... down another 5.4 lbs! I'm a happy girl!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for all the WF Caesar ideas.... I will try them out!

Peg: I saw that too... Did you notice that the feeding was essentially IP? They talked about high protein, low carb, ketosis... all of it. I was thinking.. why doesn't she just do IP? The tube is so invasive and extreme!

USMC - What part of VT are you? My sister is in Lunenburg VT .. waaaay up there!

Moejac : Hola! Best of luck this time around.

Heidi : I love the new avatar!

Survalia: I have a close friend who is single and having the same luck as you. I'm thankful I have my hubby. Don't give up hope. I believe there is someone out there for everyone, and you find them when you're not looking. Love will come to you again.
    Moejac
  • I was talking to some people at work today - both are quite overweight - and they were saying "I don't have your willpower" and "I can't live without my carbs" and I SO wanted to say to them "then you don't want it enough, because when you do, you are so motivated that the willpower is there and getting rid of so many carbs was the best thing I ever did!" Anyone else feel that way when talking to people? Have a great Wednesday!
  • Quote: I was talking to some people at work today - both are quite overweight - and they were saying "I don't have your willpower" and "I can't live without my carbs" and I SO wanted to say to them "then you don't want it enough, because when you do, you are so motivated that the willpower is there and getting rid of so many carbs was the best thing I ever did!" Anyone else feel that way when talking to people? Have a great Wednesday!
    This is so true - I'd sit there and tell myself that I need to do something, and then go get an ice cream or something. Spending the money on WW didn't do it for me either.

With me it was the 50th coming up in 8 months and a vacation I took with my DH that did it - I was getting tired of walking around (a very flat New Orleans) and having trouble in hilly places (Burlington VT, Portland ME & Niagra Falls Canada side). I'm tired of being sweaty and out of breath. Plus, I want to go shopping in someplace other than Lane Bryant, Avenue and the plus size of Dress Barn.

I just made up my mind for once and for all to take care of the weight. I have my second WI tonight, so I have a long way to go, but I'm feeling very motivated. I think I can already tell mty double chin is going down
  • Good Morning! Day 9 here.. I think. Hmm sad that I have to count! Ok, counted on the calendar.. day 9! lol I didn't get on pretty much at all yesterday, and last night we went to the Coldplay concert. It was awesome, but in going, I skipped dinner.. and snack. I know that is bad, that is what I am trying to conquer. I was never a big eater, I was the opposite. I always skipped breakfast, mostly skipped lunch, and barely ate dinner. If I was to pig out, it would only be a meal, and it would equate to a full plate. I don't eat dessert, and I can have, and probably do have, 20 pounds of chocolate in my house, and it can sit there. My 2 yr old loves it, so does my husband, but he is super particular about his. In fact, I went downstairs to grab more bottled water, and found a bunch of giant Easter Egg chocolate eggs filled with candy, etc... from last Easter! lol Rubbish!

Anyhow, as I ramble on and on lol... I gain weight from looking at food. It seems I lose weight when it is consumed. Both pregnancies I dropped weight from start to finish! lol Go figure!
  • Quote: I was talking to some people at work today - both are quite overweight - and they were saying "I don't have your willpower" and "I can't live without my carbs" and I SO wanted to say to them "then you don't want it enough, because when you do, you are so motivated that the willpower is there and getting rid of so many carbs was the best thing I ever did!" Anyone else feel that way when talking to people? Have a great Wednesday!
    It's tough in a way...I would want to just say to them, quite kindly, exactly what you said and ensure I don't offend them. I want this weight loss so badly that nothing will deter me and now, after 10 weeks, its becoming second nature to eat this way. Also, if I don't this now, when will I do it? For me, now is the time!
  • [/QUOTE] I'm weighing myself on my Omron full body composition scan, and it is gratifying to see that the various measurements are heading in the right direction. My visceral fat level has dropped a couple of points already, BMI is lower... body fat percentage is 4% less than when I started, skeletal muscle % has increased, body age better, etc. [/QUOTE]

I bought the Omron as well as a way to help track making sure I was losing fat and not muscle...however it says my body fat is higher than my clinic said it was when I started...it did say not to measure after drinking a lot of water and I always drink a lot of water...do you think that could have something to do with it? Have you noticed that? It was a significant difference, like 10%
  • Quote: It's tough in a way...I would want to just say to them, quite kindly, exactly what you said and ensure I don't offend them. I want this weight loss so badly that nothing will deter me and now, after 10 weeks, its becoming second nature to eat this way. Also, if I don't this now, when will I do it? For me, now is the time!
    I've tried low-carbing on my own in the past, and found it more difficult. The fact that I can eat 'plan approved' (or in my case appropriate alternative) blueberry pancakes + syrup for breakfast, a nice filling soup (with veggies & spices blended in to give it bulk, texture, and added flavor) & salad (with a flavorful WF dressing) for lunch, and a full Protein + Vegetable + Salad dinner keeps me pretty well satiated. And being able to enjoy a tasty protein bar or protein shake as a snack makes me feel like I'm not giving up my 'treats'. I'm rather astonished, because I'm not feeling like I'm missing anything at all when I eat this way.
  • [QUOTE=Dakin;4299062]Just returned from WI.... down another 5.4 lbs! I'm a happy girl!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for all the WF Caesar ideas.... I will try them out!

Peg: I saw that too... Did you notice that the feeding was essentially IP? They talked about high protein, low carb, ketosis... all of it. I was thinking.. why doesn't she just do IP? The tube is so invasive and extreme!

Yes I did, a doctor was talking about this on the morning news and said how dangerous it was!
  • WI #4 today- down 3 lbs! I am happy with the results, but a bit confused as well...my coach has one of those hand-held machines that calculates body fat % and for the last 3 weigh-ins, it has shown 36%. That's 36% body fat at 160.6, and 36% body fat at 164.2. Does that seem weird? I have a WW scale that calculates BF% and that shows somewhere around 32.0-32.8% when I use it (and it measures me at the same weight as my coach's scale).
    Also, last week I only lost 0.6 lb but lost 4 inches while this week I lost 3lbs and only 0.5 inches. What the heck? Does this happen to everybody? Either way, I am determined to make my goal...

I only have to lose 4.6 more pounds to be back within height and weight standards for the Navy
  • Quote:
    Quote:
    I'm weighing myself on my Omron full body composition scan, and it is gratifying to see that the various measurements are heading in the right direction. My visceral fat level has dropped a couple of points already, BMI is lower... body fat percentage is 4% less than when I started, skeletal muscle % has increased, body age better, etc.
    I bought the Omron as well as a way to help track making sure I was losing fat and not muscle...however it says my body fat is higher than my clinic said it was when I started...it did say not to measure after drinking a lot of water and I always drink a lot of water...do you think that could have something to do with it? Have you noticed that? It was a significant difference, like 10%
    It's possible, especially as they make a point of telling us not to measure after drinking a lot of water. I (well, we all...) drink a lot of water too through the day. That's why I make a point to do my WI at home at the same time of day, and same 'circumstances' ... My 'formal' WI is always Wednesday morning, right after I get up, after I'd used the toilet, etc., and have had my shower... but before I eat breakfast or have any food/liquid intake. I figure now as long as all the recorded measurements are heading in the desirable direction, I'm on the winning path.
  • So I am on day 3 of IP. My coached phoned me today and I asked her about egg whites. I had just made myself the pancakes using the crispy cereal and two egg whites. I asked her if this was okay and she said, that it wasn't. She said that if it isn't on our "handout" then to not do it.

I'm confused as I've seen a lot of people use egg whites in their modified recipes. And that I've also seen suggestions of eating cooked egg whites if you are having cravings.

I had the egg white crispy pancake for breakfast...should I have had it for lunch?

For the most part, my coach doesn't seem overly knowledgable. I don't believe she's actually gone on the program and is just using the handout as a guide.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
  • Quote: Plus, I want to go shopping in someplace other than Lane Bryant, Avenue and the plus size of Dress Barn.

I just made up my mind for once and for all to take care of the weight. I have my second WI tonight, so I have a long way to go, but I'm feeling very motivated. I think I can already tell mty double chin is going down
    It was clothes shopping that finally made me decide to get serious and get my weight under control. My brother passed away in late February, and I needed to find something to wear to his wake/funeral. I'd pretty much avoided clothes shopping for the last few years, and had grown to have a very limited (and very casual) wardrobe. The day before his wake, as I was searching for something suitable to wear - that would FIT ME - I found it so depressing that so many things I liked werent' available in my size, and decided to commit myself to weight loss asap. So in a strange way, I owe my seriousness about this to my brother.
  • Quote: Official WI this morning..another 5.9! Whoot Whoot!
    They just got another soup in today so I bought a box, Chicken Ala King! It was delicious!!!!!!!
    Chicken ala King Soup?!?! I hope my clinic has it when I go back next week. Thanks for sharing! And CONGRATS on the 5.9 loss!!
  • Back from WI - Down 4lbs and 2.5 inches and 1% body fat. It was a great WI. I hit the 210 mark and 1derland is in sight. Such a relief.

Ya know as I go along on this diet journey and hit these 5,10,15lb mile markers I find myself looking back on my life and where I was at those times and where I was during that weight... partying, drugs and alcohol, eating disorders, bad realationships, child birth, adopting my too girls (teenagers at the time...LOL what a ride they were then), single parenthood, jobs being laid off cus of the economy, moving and my fieance.... i feel like i'm almost finally letting go of all of that. Like i've been holding on to it to punish myself. As I let go, and finding myself... this is more than a diet and losing the weight, its self discovery all over again. I will not allow my stomach to heal my pain. As i lose the fat, and the past... i look forward to the future, and all of its beautiful ups and downs. All lessons learned. Chloe22 - you are soo right! The flushing of the hormones, even though i dont like it... allows me to finally deal with what i've been holding in for so long. it's a bitter sweet thing huh?! This has really been a reflective process. I needed it.