Anyone interested in starting a 9 or 12 week challenge?

You're on Page 8 of 15
Go to
  • I'm 198 as of this morning. Ashmarie I'm really bad at calories also....I'm lucky if I even get close to 1000...I know it's bad but im never hungry!
  • Quote: I'm really late, but I hope I can still join your 12 week challenge. I really have been doing bad these last couple weeks, especially on the weekends.I've gained 2 pounds. 12 weeks will be around vacation time and I would love to be in onederland ( that may be pushing it a bit) but anywhere close will be fine by me. So my goal is 30 pounds which will put me at 215.

Anybody have any secrets for staying on track over the weekend. Please help.
    Make sure you eat at home on the weekends and if you have to be out of the house for a while, take a healthy snack with you. I think 30lbs is a more realistic goal for 12 weeks. Good luck
  • Quote: I'm 198 as of this morning. Ashmarie I'm really bad at calories also....I'm lucky if I even get close to 1000...I know it's bad but im never hungry!
    Congrats on the loss & being under 200. I cant wait to catch up
  • Getmydivaback3- welcome! Nothing strict about this challenge, we're really just here to support and encourage each other, so you're not late you're just on time! For me, I usually take a cheat day on the weekend because they're hard for me, but not this weekend because I'm having a rough week and don't really deserve a cheat day. My advice is to stay preoccupied, maybe go on a hike/walk? It's hard but it helps me to obsess lol.

Momof3preemies- good luck on your goal! I wish I had the same problem as you and Ashmarie!

253.8 today
    I'm cutting my calories down to 1500 because I've obvs lost too much to continue losing at 1700, which was just my starting calories anyway. More exercise, less calories. MAYBE that might help. Ugh.

Ashmarie- what's the verdict girl? Any good news from the scale at your house? The one at my house is being a B**** lol.
  • Seems like the scale is not being any ones friend this week. Not mine, that's for sure. It is my fault though.

I was down a pound Monday which was wonderful but yesterday I ate a bag of those amazingly delicious yet very not healthy cadburry chocolates that I was given as a "gift" by someone who knows I'm trying to lose weight and have no self control when it comes to chocolate if its in my greedy hands... Frustrating they were given to me but even more so that I gave in. Anyway, now I'm scared to get on the scale and see a gain so hope to wait a day or two of being on plan and no see a gain.

As for exercise, yesterday and today are my rest days so will be back at running and insanity tomorrow. This weekend is a huge birthday party for my mom so know being good will be very hard.

Hopefully I will be able to check in here more you all are very supportive of each other and that it super motivating and helpful!
  • Hey everyone! Thanks for the helpfull tips Munchie
    I weighed myself today with clothes on and was 194. So lets hope that stays, I think I'm finally dropping the water weight from being in the US and TOM.

So I have this thing where I LOVE weight training and toning, but HATE cardio. Use to be different when I was younger. Anyone else in this boat with me?
    Is there a cardio that is like weight lifting? I still go for a walk every night with my fiance and dog, but not far. And I do work around the house (can I count that? lol).
  • Quote: Getmydivaback3- welcome! Nothing strict about this challenge, we're really just here to support and encourage each other, so you're not late you're just on time! For me, I usually take a cheat day on the weekend because they're hard for me, but not this weekend because I'm having a rough week and don't really deserve a cheat day. My advice is to stay preoccupied, maybe go on a hike/walk? It's hard but it helps me to obsess lol.

Momof3preemies- good luck on your goal! I wish I had the same problem as you and Ashmarie!

253.8 today
    I'm cutting my calories down to 1500 because I've obvs lost too much to continue losing at 1700, which was just my starting calories anyway. More exercise, less calories. MAYBE that might help. Ugh.

Ashmarie- what's the verdict girl? Any good news from the scale at your house? The one at my house is being a B**** lol.

Im not going to weigh myself until Monday. I was suppose to do my BodyMonitor measurements today but I really dont think they have changed this past week so Im not too sure if Im actually going to do that or wait until next Thursday.
  • Bikini ready- my gain is my fault too. Well, I'm not saying "my fault" because I'm trying not to be negative about myself and my choices as Long as I'm not out-of-control for days in a row. For me, I try to weigh in every day regardless because if I stop weighing, it's like I stop accepting responsibility for my actions and it's easier to overeat. However, I know that for some people, seeing the gain is more likely to trigger a binge and trying to see a good number on the scale is motivation for working out and eating on plan. So your plan is probably a good one if that's the case with you. I just feel like I get more derailed if I work hard for two days and the scale hasn't moved because I get excited to see the results of my hard work. For me, it's better to face the number and then get to see the scale drop weight, even if it's weight I've already lost. This is just interesting to me because I'm realizing how different we all think, and how it really is about finding the exact right formula for yourself.
    After that long rant! You're more than welcome to come back every day! I try to post here every day because the companionship of other people about my age going through the same trials really keeps me going, and it's great to be able to come here and report on my daily little victories and disappointments.

Swoody29- congrats! Travel always makes me retain water.
    Do you like jump rope or jumping jacks? I kind of like sprinting in place. You really dont need much cardio, just intensity. I don't like cardio either. I usually do 20 minutes with intermittent sprinting. Yoga or Pilates are good movement exercises that combine strength training and cardio. Pilates more than yoga. If you pop in a Pilates tape (or pull one up on youtube or Netflix) you'll get a head to toe workout, I love it!
  • Ashmarie- isn't the scale infuriating? I've been flirting with the idea of not weighing but like I said right above, for now I think the scale is a motivater And challenger for me rather than an enemy. Idk though, if I keep putting up frustrating numbers I'll probably stop weighing for a little while.
  • I love pilates as well and it makes me feel so good afterwards. I feel stretched and sore like my muscles are getting leaner lol its probably in my head. So I did go ahead and do my measurements. I just started last week so Im not down too much, I wish it was more but oh well. Lost 1 in in my hips (yay I needed that), 1/2in in thigh and 1/2in in waist.
  • I want to play to......I just joined 3FC yeterday and weight watchers online on Monday so i need all the help I can get......I would love to have the help and encouragement buddies can give to each other.....I am or was 260 on Monday I hope my weigh in on Sunday will show me that I can do this..30 lbs in 3 months would be great....if that is even possible.....dallasann (aka) Debra
  • Hey guys! Good to see some new people, I'm glad this thread is still active.

Hope all of you are doing well today. You guys are not alone in fighting with the scale. I have stayed at the same weight for about 2 or 3 weeks but I think it's starting to go down. I keep weighing myself at night because it is the only time I can get to the scale sometimes.

Weighing myself after eating and exercise is *hopefully* the reason why I haven't seen a drop on the scale yet. I am going to try and weigh myself first thing when I wake up tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
  • Well, I did a baddd job yesterday. But I'm back and being accountable. Hope everyone else is doing okay. The thread is ominously silent.
  • My scale is heartless and plays with my emotions.. last week I was up 2 pounds and now I'm down 4. Not sure if it's because my "special friend" was here and now it's gone or because I weighed in the morning instead of at night.. mirax what's the verdict for you?

Hopefully the scale is nice to all of us this week!!

mom3- congrats on onederland!

Munchie- welcome back to the wagon we can't be perfect all the time!
  • Kay7jay- ugh. I'm up four just from yesterday. But yesterday was kind of a perfect storm for me. And I have this awful nervous feeling that I can't climb back on the wagon now that I've fallen so far off. But the logical part of my brain knows that as long as I do well today, tomorrow will be easier, and so on. I still have a doctors appointment on Monday and I at least don't want to be a higher weight than I was last week. So as of now I have to lose at least four lbs in two days. I think I can do this only because I ate wayyy too many calories yesterday so as long as I stay low on calories today I should see a woosh. Here's hoping.