Anyone interested in starting a 9 or 12 week challenge?

You're on Page 6 of 15
Go to
  • Quote: I just cant eat more, I try maybe I need to throw something in that is higher calorie than I would normally eat. I didnt have a weight problem because I would overeat I just wasnt eaing healthy at the time and probably was drinking in calories what a big man eats everyday. So I looked up how to become a runner and it gives you 10week step. First week, 3x a day you walk for 5 mins, then jog for 60secs, then walk for 90sec until youve done this for 20mins....I lasted 11 mins. Its depressing. Ill try again Tuesday.
    That's how I started! It is sooooooo hard for the first couple weeks and then you start to feel better and better. I seriously never thought I would be able to run I never ran as a kid even and I am doing it now. It will get better, just keep at it!

Today for me was ridiculous. I spent the whole day studying and only brought trail mix with me for the entire day. So basically all I ate today was nuts and seeds... yum. lol

I'm going to try to exercise tonight... we will see if I have time :/
  • Ashmarie- if I were you I would get in a few extra calories anywhere you can, but I understand that sometimes that's hard. I've just heard countless stories on here, and experienced myself, eating too low and not seeing weight loss because of it. It doesn't seem to make sense but it's true in a lot of cases. Maybe you could try one day at a little higher calories just to break the monotony, and then go right back to normal. It's always frustrating to be stuck. Good luck!

I am planning a really awesome workout for my fiancé and me tomorrow. I going to set up an obstacle course around our living room. I'm thinking we'll start in our extra room and do a few reps of push-ups, supermans, crunches, reverse crunches and planks, then some side lunges and forward lunges, then to the doorway of the room for as many pull ups as possible (hopefully two for me lol), then into the hallway. In the hallway I'm going to have a pair of weights on the ground, and a kitchen chair set up at each end of the hallway. First we're going to do squat jumps, where you squat way down and then jump as high as you can, and we're going to jump over the weights and then pick them up and set them back down in front of us and do it again, all the way to the chair at the other end of the hallway. Then, tricep dips on the chair and then squat jumps back to the other end, where we'll lift the chair ten times. Then burpees back down the hallway to the other chair, tricep dips, and burpees back, then chair lifts. Then sprinting between one chair and the other, doing either tricep dips or chair lifts depending on which end we're at. After that, we're going to pick up our couch and move it two feet to the left, then do a twenty second wall-sit, then pick the couch up and move it back two feet to the right, another twenty second wall-sit, pick up the couch again, another twenty second wall-sit, then move the couch back in to the right place. After that, we'll go back into our extra room and do a short yoga cool down including sun salutation, warrior pose, and several reps of alternating downward facing dog and cobra.

I'm really excited! I've been having fun lately thinking of fun and unconventional ways to exercise without buying a lot of equipment. I think I'm going to plan a cleaning workout for us to do together. Is funny, my fiancé is a naturally thin person who's just gained a few extra pounds since we've moved in together, but he depends on my advice about nutrition and exercise. I guess constantly dieting since the age of 14 makes me something of an expert even if I am fat.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • Munchie: That sounds like an awesome workout. Both calorie burning and super fun to stay motivated.

Mirax: Im not going to give up, its something Ive always wanted to do. Im just going to keep trying. Hopefully Tuesday Ill be able to add on at least another minute. Ive set a goal to be able to run 3 full miles by October 27th so my BFF & I can do the Color Run in Charlotte. Its seems really fun & Im excited to get there.
  • 222.6 Finally the world is right again lol. This is gross but I seriously think I am carrying a extra couple pounds because I can NOT go to the bathroom.
  • Ashmarie- WAY TO GO GIRL! It happens like that sometimes. I hear adding a little healthy fat into your diet can help with your bathroom troubles
    I lost a few oz today but nothing to mention. Sigh. Lol. I think I'm retaining water after our hike yesterday idk.
  • Maybe its an off day like mine was but you lost a couple ounces thats better than none and better than gaining.
  • You girls are doing awesome!!! Keep up the good work guys, it's really inspiring!!

Me, on the other hand... yikes. I haven't lost a pound since my period... usually I drop about 2 pounds after my period. I haven't gone down from 176 now in about 2-3 weeks. I just stopped my period about 3 days ago. It's killing meeeeeeeeeeee! I used to see a pound lost every day when I first started, then a couple pounds a week. Now.. nothing! I know it technically hasn't been that long, but it's killing my motivation.

I think it might be due to fluid retention in my muscles from doing strength training (I've been upping the weight). My eating has been good, I've stayed within calories every single day minus maybe 1 day the entire time.

I think I am going to do what I did in the past when I was having a stall... eat over my calories today, work out, then vary the calorie amount throughout this next week. I wanted to get to 169 before my birthday on the 30th and it's almost impossible to do (healthily) at this point

Sorry for my vent... Really hope you guys are doing well today!!
  • Mirax- I think you can still meet your goal but that is cutting it close. Deadlines aren't important though, you'll be close enough and looking amazing! And I think you have a good plan for busting that plateau.

I went to the doctor today for my asthma and all my measurements were better. My weight was only down 1 lb from the last time I was there, even though ive gone up and back down, but it's down. My high blood pressure went from 150/90 to 130/90 but she still thinks its too high and that it's caused by my birth control, not so much my weight. But I haven't changed bc whereas I have lost weight so? Anyway, my "peak flow" is how hard I can breathe out, basically my lung capacity, which is important because i have asthma. Even though I haven't had my inhaler for like two weeks I still went from 54% last time to 103%, which is awesome.
    So, even if the weight loss is slow I think I'm already seeing health results. Very inspiring! I'm having a great, on-plan day today. Hope the rest of you are too.
  • Also, omg, I cant wait for my next moo cow! Ten lbs down is so close i can taste it. Ughhh.
  • munchievictim- That's wonderful that you are seeing the health results, that's truly the most important part! You should be proud!

Sometimes the most important things are not something that we can find on the scale. Way to go with staying on plan and getting healthy

Thanks, I think I am going to eat a big dinner and drink lots of water, go to the gym, and hope for the best!!
  • Quote: munchievictim- That's wonderful that you are seeing the health results, that's truly the most important part! You should be proud!

Sometimes the most important things are not something that we can find on the scale. Way to go with staying on plan and getting healthy

Thanks, I think I am going to eat a big dinner and drink lots of water, go to the gym, and hope for the best!!
    Whenever the scale wont budge I try to drink like 12 servings of water that day. Sometimes it helps to flush you out and get you moving again, especially if you're working out a lot.

this was the first time since I was like 12 that going to the dr hasn't been embarrassing and awful.
  • Quote: Whenever the scale wont budge I try to drink like 12 servings of water that day. Sometimes it helps to flush you out and get you moving again, especially if you're working out a lot.

this was the first time since I was like 12 that going to the dr hasn't been embarrassing and awful.
    That's a good idea. I haven't been drinking as much as I should . I think tea will help too.
  • Munchie: Glad the DR worked out so well for you today
    Mirax: Good luck on your goal before your birthday, fingers crossed
  • So final calorie count today 773. I tried really hard too. I even ate Chili from Wendys and a baked potato. Ugh. Ill *try to eat a bowl of special k with skim milk sometime before I go to bed but I ate 4hrs ago and I still feel full. Who would have thought dieting would be so hard because you dont eat enough. lol.
  • Hi friends! Im gonna jump on this challenge a little late, but I'm getting married August 25th and NEEd to drop 30 more lbs.

Ive been teetering between 185 and 195 for 3 mos now. Ive been living in Romania with my fiance and when we go back to the states to visit we kinda go crazy on crap fast food. Now we are moving back at the beginning of May and I can finally get my gym membership back (at Curves) and do more cardio. I was also trying to think of how to keep away from temptations and maybe do some vegetarian eating m-f and eat chicken fish on the weekends. Right now I am 195. I MUST be in the 150's for my wedding (or atleast look like I am with the help of weight training and toning) I did p90x for about 7 weeks and got back to 185 but I get so bored of doing videos. Any recommendations of stuff to do at my house with out watching a video? (Also I cant really run outside because of the terrible driving and fear of getting hit by a car). I like how we all have 30lbs to lose....lets do it!