Tried Tomato & Basil Soup Today YUCK!!!!!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • With the exception of the chicken noodle, I am not a fan of any of the soups. I tried doctoring them with veggies and seasonings, but always wind up letting them cool and just choking them down as fast as I can.
  • I tried the Tomato & Basil soup once. It was okay, but I doubt I'll buy a whole box of it. I was thinking that I could use it as a dipping sauce for fried cheesesticks. LOL
  • I was not a fan of the Tomato & Basil soup.

I just had the Broccoli & Cheese, it was very yummy - I will order it again and again.
  • Quote: Thanks guys!!!! I guess I will start experimenting..... I keep hearing about Walden Farms products. I live in PEI, Canada and have checked both the Superstore and Sobey's with no luck. Anyone from Canada know where I can purchase?
    My ip coach sells them, but I order from walden farms.ca
  • I love the soups and find they make lunch seem like a real meal.

I add mashed cauliflower curry powder cayenne and cumin to the chicken soup. It is delicious!

I add sautéed mushrooms pepper and fine herbs to the mushroom soup. Also delicious.
  • Quote: My ip coach sells them, but I order from walden farms.ca
    I get mine from thelowcarbgrocerystore.com. They are located near Toronto, Ontario. Their prices are better than ordering direct from Walden Farms. They have a lot of products for low carb dieters, so you may find other things there you can use as well. Flavorings for drinks, etc.

Depending on the size of your order, you may qualify for free shipping.
  • I have tried the chicken soup, the mashed potatoes, herb and cheese om. OMG.. they are gross.. i couldnt even get past the 2nd bite... I'm so affraid to try any of the other savory ones either. The reg om. is ok.. but i generally add some spinish or other vegies to it to make it stomach able! lol
  • I used it to make a "bread" in the waffle maker and made a snadwich! It was my "tomato" on my sandwich....lol! Had turkey, lettuce mustard and WF mayo. It was so yummy!!!
  • i don't really like the tomato basil soup either, however the chicken noodle soup is my favourite i have it almost every day!
  • Blah! I did not like the tomato basil soup either... I stuck with the chocolate drink and double chocolate bar! Loved those two...miss them dearly! (On P3 and buying alternatives...cha ching!)

But Franks will be yummy to add...let it get cool and slug it down with a straw!!! I'm sure you've drank worse things as a kid... lol!!!
  • I made flatbread out of the broc & cheese for the first time yesterday- it is exactly what I needed...it is getting harder and harder to shovel in all that soup
  • If any of you are from Canada, and have a Dr. Bernstein's nearby, I've always found their Tomato & Basil soup to be pretty good. I was on Dr. B. years ago and it was one of my favorites. (Do they have Dr. B in the USA?)
  • I use lowcarbgrocery.com all the time. It has lots of different products that work, and I just saw they now sell daVinci syrups!

I have to admit, the new Chicken Noodle (or new to us up here in Alberta) is decent... I sometimes add heaps more water and chicken bovril and make it extra chickeny... but it is just like those packets of cup 'o soups.

but..the tomato soup, threw me for a loop... just wasn't nice to me.
  • Quote: I use lowcarbgrocery.com all the time. It has lots of different products that work, and I just saw they now sell daVinci syrups!

I have to admit, the new Chicken Noodle (or new to us up here in Alberta) is decent... I sometimes add heaps more water and chicken bovril and make it extra chickeny... but it is just like those packets of cup 'o soups.

but..the tomato soup, threw me for a loop... just wasn't nice to me.
    ITA - the lowcarbgrocery has lots of useful products. Some DaVinci syrups will be part of my next order. My last order from them included True Lemon Crystallized Lemon. It's little packets of lemon crystals - 100% natural - with no sweeteners added. They also come in orange and lime. I sweeten with a little stevia. Really makes for a refreshing drink. 0fat/<1g carb/0 sugar/ 0protein/0 sodium. I recall Sewmam saying she'd used these at some point too.
  • So not a fan of the tomato soup. It actually made me recultant to try the others soups. I will try the suggestions above and maybe it will change my opinion. That's why I love this feedback from other IP users.