Ideal protein app?.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I was thinking it would be neat to have an IP app to track things..anyone know if that is possible
  • don't know but it's a great idea. In Phase 4, we are supposed to get so much protein in a day, and I"m trying to figure out a simple way to track that beyond manually writing it in my log.
  • I wish there were one. If someone out there wants to make one this is what I would like to see.

1. All the phases sheets
    2. The nutritional information sheets
    3. P1 Grocery list. A list of all the items you can eat on P1 and maybe a checklist.
    4. A place to input everything you have eaten. This would help people who eat out.
    5. Maybe even a place to log physical activity. And list suggestions for IP suitable exercises and explain why certain types of exercise are not recommended while on IP. Something that says, "did you take your extra packet before/after exercise?
    5. A supplement reminder
    6. All the products with descriptions and pictures.
    7. Some IP recipes.
    8. And maybe even a link to a nutrition tracker so we can tell if we can eat a food or not since not all IP allowed foods are listed in tiny print on that sheet.
    9. Some Dr. Tran key points explaining the diet and how the glycemic index works and some of his great videos from his site.

It took a while to learn everything from this site. Not everyone has that kind of time and investment. It would be nice if it were all on one site.
  • There sort of is an app!! If you have an iPhone you can download "MyFitnessPal" and it tracks what you've eaten (I used it before ideal protein). It has a library of a bunch of foods you eat and the caloric intake of them and such. I noticed theres' alot of ideal protein foods in the library! So I still use it to see what i'm eating all day, and how much water I'm drinking.

Definitely recommend it!
  • Quote: don't know but it's a great idea. In Phase 4, we are supposed to get so much protein in a day, and I"m trying to figure out a simple way to track that beyond manually writing it in my log.
    Until IP creates an app you can use sparkpeople to track your daily food. It's one of many online websites that some of us use. I can't think of the other ones...but I know they exist..
  • I use FitDay.com to track my food, etc. As New Englander said, I'm sure there are a number of other ones out there. I agree that an IP app would be awesome!
  • I have Fit Day too and I love it!
  • I have never used Fit Day but have used SparkPeople.com it's a great app. They have an IP section too. You will still have to measure and at times in put your food but you save it to your favorites and then can use it over and over with a click.
  • thanks for these suggestions - I'm gonna go look at them! I was thinking of creating my own spreadsheet but why bother if somebody else has already done it!
  • Quote: I have never used Fit Day but have used SparkPeople.com it's a great app. They have an IP section too. You will still have to measure and at times in put your food but you save it to your favorites and then can use it over and over with a click.
    Hey how do you get to the ip section on spark people
  • Here is a link

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/g....asp?gid=33917
  • The prob with most of these is they will not go below 1200 cal
  • Also loseit.com
  • I use Spark People too it has a lot of Ideal Protein foods on its tracker because people can add anything they want I have even added a few using the stats on the boxes. Its very interesting to see how much calories and fat and protein we eat I am shocked how I feel on such low calories.
  • Quote: Also loseit.com
    I second this app. I use it all the time to track my water intake and carb amounts. It also has a nifty scan code feature (for phones with cameras) so you just scan the bar code on the box of food and it automatically adds the info.