Get Movin! Part 2

You're on Page 2 of 37
Go to
  • It is so nice to see so many new members join the thread. Welcome to all!!

Olivia (Bunneh), dreaming of turbo fire...too funny!

Auto, welcome! I believe that life throws us these little trembles to keep us aware... of life...our family...ourselves. The problem is when we do not take notice then a bigger jolt is thrown our way. Sort of a wake up call. Glad to have you with us.

Exhale, I felt so very bloated after eating that stuff. I literally stayed up and drank water until I felt better. Then I went to bed. I LOVE hulu! I've also bought some shows on amazon like Whitney. I love that show! I'm telling you if you can splurge for a roku box you will love it. Another website you may like since you are using your laptop is projectfree.tv .

Sherry (angelsmom), so nice to meet you! I hope you'll stick around and share your experiences with us.

In the other thread I posted a resource page of exercise web content. If you have a way to connect your computer to the tv or even work out to your computer the web has a huge library of workouts available. I'm going to repost the resource page from the other thread if I can locate it. I myself used it a few times to locate a web resource.

When my sister and I went to Whole Foods yesterday there was a free raffle. Low and behold my sister won a HUGE $50 fruit platter. It had blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, cantaloup, honeydew and pineapple. I confiscated a healthy bag of fruit that will last me the week. Yay!

This weeks grocery finds....
    My new love is a salad dressing by Bolthouse Farms. It is yogurt based and 45 calories for 2 tablespoons! I bought Classic Ranch, Zesty French and Thousand Island. So far I've had the ranch and thousand island and they are delish!

I also discovered a yummy wrap by Tumaro's-New York Deli Style. It's a huge 10"...80 calories...9grams of fiber and a good percentage of calcium. I've been craving sandwiches and this wrap fits the bill.

I also bought a jicama. I've always wanted to try it only cause I've seen it on cooking shows. Now to figure out what to do with it...lol.

I think I'm going to take the day off tomorrow. I've been in major relax mode and just want another day....ahhh, I hope its a nice day so I can walk in the park.

Ok, this post if REALLY long. That's what happens when I don't get a chance to chat with you...lol. Goodnight!
  • RESOURCES

I refer a lot to using youtube as an exercise option. I've listed some links that may be useful. Use the built in playlist feature and you can string workouts together.

Biggest Loser Warm Up
    Leslie Sansone
    Sparkpeople Channel
    Fit for Duty-lots of full length different workouts from the army..do you dare!
    TaeBo
    Shadowboxer with Kelly Roberts
    Core Rhythms Full Workouts
    Jillian-1 month Slim Down
    Yoga Zone
    Bootcampmc-she has full workouts posted
    Kripalu at Home
    Yoga-Rodney Yee
    Namaste Yoga
    HolmTV-Vinyasa Yoga
    Yoga Booty Ballet-A yoga fusion workout
    AM/PM Yoga with Rodney Yee
    Pilates
    Ekhart Yoga-she has mini, full workouts and a beginner channel
    Yoga Evening Stress Release- look for "GueenBeaAgain"...there are lots of videos posted
    BodyJam-Lots of Les Mills stuff for those that like to dance
    Gilad Step n Tone
    Bootcamp Calorie Burn
    Six Pack Abs Abs of Steel Standing Abs Jillian Mini Abs Slim & 6Pack 6 min abs People doing Ab Ripper X
    Tracy Anderson Workout
    Jenny Ford
    Step Reebok
    Wooden Sword-excellent workout for your wrist which is often neglected

Liveexercise - this is not a youtube channel, but a free exercise resource
    Fitness Blender - another free website that appears to only have vocal instruction.
    Exercise.com - another freebie, but looks good
    Other Programs like insanity, p90, ext
    BeFitin90-a 90 day Free Youtube Fitness Program
  • I'm still here! It was a crazy weekend but Jillian is done. I am very happy with the results thus far, I feel great in my clothes!

See everyone tomorrow!
  • Phillygirl, thank you! Great links btw. I've been craving sandwiches too, but I won't eat any.

3o day shred level 1 day 4, and perfect legs glutes and abs done!

Have a good day, or night everyone
  • Morning everyone

Thanks for the great list Philly, I got in the wrist workout - it was fun and my wrists feel refreshed.
  • HAPPY MONDAY!

I'm glad you found something you could use on there. There's a lot to look at on youtube and on the web.

I've decided this week will be awesome as far as adjusting my attitude and eating to nourish my body and not the little voice in my head that tells me I want chocolate. LOL I am stretching more these days and it actually feels pretty good. Thanks to Exhale for her expertise in this area. I've read that it takes 21 days to form a habit.

I think I self sabotaged my efforts because that is when I fell off the wagon. This is week two for sticking to Body Revolution. Is it really that hard? It's almost like being in rehab getting your mind back or even changing your mindset is really hard.

I took off today to have an extra long weekend. I slept in and feel very refreshed right now. I'm off to make my lentil stew again. This time its out of a bob mills packet, but it will still be yummy.

bbl!
  • Oh, here's a pic of the fruit tray my sister won.

• Its quiet in here today.

My workout for the day is done! I'm in week 2 of the Body Revolution program. Today I did workout 1 and tomorrow is workout 2.

Off to prep for the work week.
  • Hello!

My name is Vanessa and I'm 29 and a teacher and writer. I'm trying to do 30DS as well as regular gym time with the elliptical. I have to lose weight for health reasons, but also because I'm tired of looking like this and i know I can fix it.

I've finished Day 4 of 30DS but had to take a day I didn't plan on off because of a migraine.

So hello and welcome!
  • Welcome to the thread Vanessa. You will have company with 30 day shred on here there are a couple people doing it. Stick with it and change will happen.
  • I didn't really feel like working out tonight so I did level 1. Still kicked my butt anyway and I am sure it's fine to switch things up. Maybe I will try Level 3 tomorrow (if I am up for a challenge) and see if I like it better than 2.

Goodnight!
  • Quote: Hello!

My name is Vanessa and I'm 29 and a teacher and writer. I'm trying to do 30DS as well as regular gym time with the elliptical. I have to lose weight for health reasons, but also because I'm tired of looking like this and i know I can fix it.

I've finished Day 4 of 30DS but had to take a day I didn't plan on off because of a migraine.

So hello and welcome!
    I love 30DS!
  • Eyre13- Welcome!

Philly- I haven't tried body revolution, but I'm planning to do it after 30D shred. Are you seeing any results? Is it harder than 30D shred?

Level 1 30D shred done!

Keep moving everyone!
  • Morning all

Philly, that's a gorgeous fruit tray! And glad you're enjoying the stretching. While going over your youtube list I found FitnessBlender on youtube. Collection of exercise sessions. Real simple presentation, lots of good stuff to mix and match.....

I am still quite content sans cable. There's a nice peace in the apartment without all the extraneous drama. I'm going to bed earlier and sleeping more easily. I'll probably check out the Roku box sometime this week or so...

HI new people

Have a great day everyone.
  • I am so not having a good day. I could not get to sleep. I guess I had too many sleep in days and my schedule is thrown off big time. I didn't get to sleep till about 3am and had to get up no later than 7am. My head hurts a bit from sinus issues too...ughh!

Angelsmom, Body Revolution is a very focused program. You can tell by the layout that a lot of thought went into development. It's like her programs in that its a mix of weights and cardio, but that's where the similarities end. She starts you off at a beginner level and ramps it up the 3rd week of each phase. Jillian still curses and yells, but she also super encouraging.

Exhale, that's so very cool that you found it peaceful without cable. I live in an apartment and the reception is quite bad without cable. I have my internet through the cable company and the price is feasible for both services at the moment. I do play the game of calling every six months to be placed on a new discount plan.

Gotta get to work. Have a great day everybody!