Gas?

• Anyone else gassy since starting to diet? I have only been doing this about a month but I am worse than I was when I was pregnant. Even my son gets mad at me because I am fartin too much lol. He is 6!! All boys like farts. I have cut out soda so why more gas now?
  • Are you lactose intolerant? That can cause gas pretty bad if you're eating cheese, yogurt, milks, etc.
  • When I changed my "lifestyle" lol, I was that way... but as my body got used to eating better, its gone now and I'm back to normal.

and LOL.
  • Nope not lactose intolerant. I eat very little dairy as it is.

Kateleestar- maybe it is something like you?? I sure hope it just settles down. Several nights I have been thankful to be a single woman lol.
  • if your body isn't used to fibre and you've radically increased your intake by incorporating fruits, veg, whole grains, and legumes, or if you're taking a fibre supplement, then yeah - yer gonna toot until your system acclimatizes.
  • Quote: if your body isn't used to fibre and you've radically increased your intake by incorporating fruits, veg, whole grains, and legumes, or if you're taking a fibre supplement, then yeah - yer gonna toot until your system acclimatizes.

That would explain it then!!! I have added tons of fiber hoping to literally flush out some of this weight lol. I have never been very regular.
  • You should have your son taken in for a thorough mental and physical examination immediately. 6-year old American boy who doesn't like farts?