Just ran my first mile!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've been in a funk these past few days, so I decided to break the funk by working out more. So, I decided to run. I've been exercising for over a year, but never tried running as I have bladder control issues. BUT... I decided what the heck. Let's see if I can run a mile. And I did it!!!

11:40 near the lake by my house. Yay!!!!! It's not much and it's just a start, but it's something!!!

Back to bodystep tomorrow.
  • WOOHOOO....I always follow your progress and sooooo admire what you've done. I just started C25K (finished week one today). I can't even imagine running a full mile. Celebrate...you deserve it
  • Thats awesome and a GREAT time!
  • You go girl! That is awesome!
  • Excellent!
  • That's awesome! Keep it up!!!
  • NICE! Nothing feels better than knowing you can run X distance. I still get a kick out of running a mile, and I've been running since May 2010.
  • Excellent!
  • Whoop! Well done you
  • Thanks everyone! I'm not sure what got into me today to try it, but there was no class at the gym and it was too nice to go down to the basement to bounce around to a video. And I have been feeling like "eh" to everything, so I decided to shake things up a bit and just see if I could do it.

Maybe I'll try a few times a week to build onto it and see where it takes me.
  • You Go, Girl!
  • Congrats!
  • Congratulations!! I know what a big deal that is. As someone who always hated running and thought I'd never be able to do it, I literally cried with joy/amazement the first time I finished a 1+ mile run.

And 11:40 is fast!!! Definitely keep up with the running - it gets even more fun over time. Be careful of adding too much mileage too quickly though, as that can be a recipe for injuries. Nothing wrong with incorporating it/building up slowly.
  • Congratulations!

I am very impressed at how fast you went! I also went to see your blog, and found your story inspirational. Thank you for sharing.