Running = Massive wedgie.

• This has got to be the most annoying thing about the treadmill, for me. I feel like I'm digging my panties out of my crack every quarter lap. I don't have wedgie problems any other time.

What do you do to avoid this???? I wear hipsters with looseish shorts over the top. I tried going commando once and my shorts themselves crawled into my bum!!!! Would it help if I wore tighter bottoms?
  • I don't get wedgies......I just get a clump of shorts between my thighs :/ I just keep on pickin' and grinnin'
  • I wear a pair of mid-thigh compression shorts--commando style. I usually put a pair of looser shorts over them, but not always. I typically wear a top that covers just to the area right below my cheeks (not too long, not too short). I hate pulling, grabbing, flopping things while I run. It is super annoying!
  • Quote: I wear a pair of mid-thigh compression shorts--commando style. I usually put a pair of looser shorts over them.
    Oh thanks! Those look like they might work!
  • Same as peachypeg, my shorts just tend to ride up in the crotch area. BUT, I have noticed whenever I wear hipsters or boyshorts, I get a wedgie constantly (exercise or not). I personally find bikini briefs to be the least likely to cause wedgies!
  • Try proper running garments--either tights/bike-shorts-type shorts that are designed to be worn without anything under them or gym-shorts-type-shorts with a built-in "liner" which is code for built-in undies. Eiither way, don't wear separate underwear.
  • Um...I don't wear underwear when I run...ever! It will completely solve your problem!
  • I wear "compression" capris but I wear my regular undies. Thong... so I guess I already have a perma-wedgie
  • I always wear cotton thong undies. You get used to the feeling and then you never have to adjust your underwear again.
  • Well, I don't go commando, but I wear microfiber high brief undies and then compression thigh length pants. I don't get wedgies.

I can't go undie-less because of my leakage problem and needing to wear a pad when doing cardio. I don't get wedgies.
  • I like microfiber briefs too. Hipsters always ride up on me. I wear yoga capris, no riding up in the crotch!