Chocolate drink lovers....

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have found that the chocolate drink is chocolatier than the chocolate pudding. I also love my chocolate drink really, really cold, and have learned if I shake it up and leave it in the fridge for an hour it actually thickens up. I eat the top part with a spoon and when it's all off I add two ice cubes and drink the rest. I also sometimes thin the remaining portion out by adding some more water. (Oh, and to start I use a pint size beer glass and fill it to the top with the recommended water amount, plus a little more when I "clean" out what's left in the shaker.) YUM!

Just thought I would share this 'cause I never left it in for so long to realize it actually thickens a bit!
  • I LOVE the chocolate drink mix! That's my favorite of all IP foods.

I also love it cold, and I often add ice cubes, but I've never had the willpower to let it sit in the fridge I'll give that a try.

The chocolate pudding is just gross (the dark chocolate one) - I refuse to eat that. Even pancakes or waffles made from it are disgusting, no matter what you pour on it (I've tried a couple of DaVinci syrups, and that was a waste of perfectly good syrup.)
  • I love the chocolate drink powder too - it tastes like Nestles to me. Sometimes I'll make a pot of decaf coffee at night and put the powder in for my evening snack.

I just made popsicles with the dark chocolate pudding, the premade chocolate shake and some Walden Farms chocolate dip, and they were actually kind of creamy and delicious.... it feels like such a treat to have a popsicle.
  • Another huge fan of the chocolate here! I love to add 2c spinach and a tsp of Starbucks sugar free peppermint syrup to it. Full of veggie foamy thick chocolate mint goodness! And the exploding chocolate mug cake is dreamy too. Feels almost sinful.
  • Quote: Another huge fan of the chocolate here! I love to add 2c spinach and a tsp of Starbucks sugar free peppermint syrup to it. Full of veggie foamy thick chocolate mint goodness! And the exploding chocolate mug cake is dreamy too. Feels almost sinful.
    Is that exploding chocolate mug cake somewhere in the recipes? Do you know which volume? It sounds like something I absolutely must try.
  • The chocolate is my favorite too. I pour the chocolate drink in my coffee with a little cinnamon and cayenne. It's like drinking Mexican hot chocolate. Yummmmm.
  • Quote: Another huge fan of the chocolate here! I love to add 2c spinach and a tsp of Starbucks sugar free peppermint syrup to it. Full of veggie foamy thick chocolate mint goodness! And the exploding chocolate mug cake is dreamy too. Feels almost sinful.
    OMG I need to try the Starbucks syrup!!! I love chocolate and MINT!!! What chocolate do you add spinach to??? That was struck me as different... : )
  • The chocolate drink is excellent! I always mix it with my morning coffee for a mocha. Mmmmm!

As for the mug cake, try it with the vanilla drink and pour some WF pancake syrup on top. OMG! So yummy!!! Also, you don't have to put it in a mug. I always use a pyrex bowl=no mess!
  • Quote: Is that exploding chocolate mug cake somewhere in the recipes? Do you know which volume? It sounds like something I absolutely must try.
    Just found it in another thread... note that they use 1 tbsp oil, but somebody else said they used 1 tsp oil and it worked. I'm gonna try this!

Chocolate Mug Cake...Instant Joy!

1 pkg Chocolate Drink ( replace with other drinks try with vanilla drink)
    1 egg white
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon splenda (or sweeten with other sweetener to taste )
    Splash of vanilla

Put the drink mix in a big mug
    Add enough water to bring it to a slightly watery pudding consistency, just enough to be able to mix easily
    Add other ingredients (egg white, baking powder, olive oil, splenda, vanilla )
    Mix it like crazy with a big fork till it's silky smooth
    Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes ON TOP OF A BIG PLATE
    Watch as it expands like crazy
    Let cool
    Eat... and enjoy
  • Yup, that's the one! I find that you need less oil as Sewmam said, and I think it would have been just as tasty without the extra splenda. Mine cooked then collapsed on itself but I was told I could avoid that for opening the door part way through cooking. Even collapsed it was yummy.
  • Quote: OMG I need to try the Starbucks syrup!!! I love chocolate and MINT!!! What chocolate do you add spinach to??? That was struck me as different... : )
    The chocolate drink! The powder plus water plus 1-2 cups of spinach in a blender and shazzam! A super frothy chocolate drink with hidden veggies! The spinach doesn't alter the taste at all!

The Starbucks sugar free syrups are great 'cause they're 0 0 0 and are sweetened with sucralose and not aspertame.
  • Quote: The chocolate drink! The powder plus water plus 1-2 cups of spinach in a blender and shazzam! A super frothy chocolate drink with hidden veggies! The spinach doesn't alter the taste at all!

The Starbucks sugar free syrups are great 'cause they're 0 0 0 and are sweetened with sucralose and not aspertame.
    That spinach thing sounds so weird, but what the heck, I'll try it. I am amazed at how many things I would have turned my nose up at a year ago, and now I love them, and they are healthy! go figure...

I hope my local Starbucks has that sugar-free syrup. I just checked Amazon and they only had the sugared version...
  • Trust me, I was totally scared that I'd ruin a perfectly good drink package when I first tossed that spinach in but now I do it every Saturday and Sunday and it really helps. I'm not a huge fan of veggies period so four cups is a challenge - anything I can do to reduce that number while staying OP is okay by me!

I'm hopeful that your SB will have them in stock. The peppermint might be a bit harder to find as I think they were only able to start selling it recently but if worse comes to worse I'm more than happy to pick up a bottle for you and send it your way. I can be your Amazon. hehehehe.
  • Interesting!!! Fortunately I've learned to enjoy the veggies I eat...BUT Once a week for lunch I treat myself to only a chocolate bar with no veggies...it's my "cheat"...I actually do it because I just weighed in and forget to bring my veggies with me...but since I'm picking up the food I have my bars!! YUMMO!!!
    I love the idea of getting the 2c of spinach this way. I'm only on Day2 but had the choc drink last night and it is really good. I don't want to wreck a packet, so I just want to check how you do this... I'm assuming you mix the chocolate drink in the cold water first in the shaker container, then pour it into your blender and blend in the spinach? Then heat that choc/spinach mixture, and add the mint syrup at that point?