annoyed at obvious things

• There's a couple things that have been annoying me lately.

* I can tell my pants are fitting better, loose in the legs & waist. I'm happy about that but, when I go places, especially, they gym or places with lots of reflective glass, I think i look terrible.
    * I've only been weighing myself once a week, daily is too much for me. Tuesday when I weighed in, I had gained 2 pounds. Now, I decided to weigh again today and I've lost the 2 lbs plus 1 more. I remember I had showered before weighing in on Tuesday and my hair was wet. I weighed before & after my shower today & sure enough the wet hair added 2 pounds. I mad at myself for being disappointed for the past 2 days.

I know its not possible, but I still dream that the weight will just melt away, magically, over night... just seems like it takes forever.
  • I know what you mean, I have lost 30+ lbs and sometimes I feel really good, until (sometimes) when I get to the gym and see myself in the mirror and I'm like, wow, I'm still really fat.

as for your weight, mine flucuates so much during the week, but in the end I'm always actually down a pound or two. If I weighed myself once a week, I'd be scared of catching myself on the up swing part. So, there I get how you feel too..

Stick to what you're doing and you'll see the results
  • Quote: There's a couple things that have been annoying me lately.

* I can tell my pants are fitting better, loose in the legs & waist. I'm happy about that but, when I go places, especially, they gym or places with lots of reflective glass, I think i look terrible.
    * I've only been weighing myself once a week, daily is too much for me. Tuesday when I weighed in, I had gained 2 pounds. Now, I decided to weigh again today and I've lost the 2 lbs plus 1 more. I remember I had showered before weighing in on Tuesday and my hair was wet. I weighed before & after my shower today & sure enough the wet hair added 2 pounds. I mad at myself for being disappointed for the past 2 days.

I know its not possible, but I still dream that the weight will just melt away, magically, over night... just seems like it takes forever.
    I gained 6lbs a few weeks back. I was like I knew I had overate on the weekend but was SURE it couldn't be that much. Well the next day I got my TOM. Sure enough a few days later I was down 7lbs. It happens but I remember the regret.
    Also, I have the melt away dream. Unfortunately I always seem to come back to reality(around the time I see a mirror or I am using the eliptical...lol).

Don't be so rough on yourself. You WILL get there. We just to have patience.
  • Quote:
    Tell me about it. I can't compusively look at the scale. Otherwise I'd wait until after I went to the loo every day. It's taken me a whole month to lose 4 pounds. A MONTH! Where is the weightloss fairy when you need her?
  • So a week later, after my TOM, I'm down and actually only 1.5lbs away from my next mini goal. It is frustrating and I know that, but is still annoying at times.

I do feel a little guilty, if I would've worked harder at the gym, if I would've watched my calories closer etc, could I already be there?

I know it takes time, its not over night that I gained and won't be over night that I lose, but its annoying! I'm just having one of those weeks.
  • Quote: So a week later, after my TOM, I'm down and actually only 1.5lbs away from my next mini goal. It is frustrating and I know that, but is still annoying at times.

I do feel a little guilty, if I would've worked harder at the gym, if I would've watched my calories closer etc, could I already be there?

I know it takes time, its not over night that I gained and won't be over night that I lose, but its annoying! I'm just having one of those weeks.
    Someone once told me that weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint and that the weight didn't come on in a week/month so it's going to take longer than that to lose it. That helped make me feel so much better and give myself a break when my weight loss wasn't going as fast as I'd like it too.

Focus on what you can do today to keep moving and eat healthier. I don't know if this will work for you but when I start worrying, I try to do something (exercise) to get me to forget what I'm worrying about. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but it usually burns 350-500 calories and worrying would have burned nothing!
  • I know what you mean!! I started at 211 on Jan 1. Now I'm 184. There are days I feel awesome. Other days I feel disgusting and I wonder how delusional I was last year at my highest (220+).