"TA-DA!"

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Okay new TA-DA! Thread.

For any newbies this thread is used to record any accomplishments that we have recently done, something that we did for ourselves or something that we have been meaning to do for a while and finally got around to doing.

It doesn't matter how big or how small the deed - if it made you feel good then post it!

I have managed to keep the dining room table free from junk (magazines, bills, things that don't have a home) for the last week and DH and I have actually been sitting down and eating meals at it!
  • I washed ALL the dishes, and the sink is clear...except for the cans which need to be rinsed out for the recycling bin. (But I'll get those done EASY now that the dishes are done!!!)
  • ewk Mauv... that's something I really need to do. I did manage to get the library books returned today, and I picked up mousies and got the snakes fed. Now I need to order some rabbits for the big snakes. Oh and I scrubbed my shower, too.
  • Ta-Da! I've been working too hard and did not TA-DAs today except I did manage to go out for lunch and join the Red HAt Society! www.redhatsociety.com
  • *lol* That looks like a fun (dis)organization to be in.
  • I finally went to the gym today and did my weight-lifting - for an hour! AND, I came home and washed my car... then decided to wax it (which, BTW, I will never ever ever do again, lol). My body is aching - but I feel pretty darn good!
  • uhm .. so .. like .. want to wash and wax mine? *hopeful eyeballs*
  • Tonight after supper I made the lunches and set up the coffee pot and the breakfast table for tomorrow morning. I also picked out my clothes for work and packed my bag for the gym. Yah!
  • I showed my son how to scrub the toilet!! woo!
  • Raven, that is freakin' amazing!

Last night I took out my contacts and cleaned them properly.
    Well, they were actually starting to hurt, so maybe that doesn't count...
  • I was up before 6, dressed and down to the store to buy some cleaning supplies. the house is all neat and tidy and Gail is busy cleaning away! Life is good!
    However, I am still working on stripping that damned wallpaper!
  • I read tons of journal entrys last night. I have been sweeping the kitchen floor regularly. And I updated my journal 3 days in a row!!!

Hopefully your son isn't like mine Raven...he knows a lot but doesn't do any of it without a bribe!!!!
  • I'm feeling surprisingly energetic. I've started cleaning the basement. Should take me about a year, but at least I've started. I'm clearing up my grow-lite area. I'm late ordering my seeds... must get going on them...

Oh, and I've done 2 loads of laundry.
  • Ta da!
    We had a fairly productive weekend!

1) Did three loads of laundry, folded, and put away!!

2) Sorted the laundry basket of socks that has been sitting in my room for about two years. No, I'm not exagerating! As it turns out, I have about 100 pairs of socks. Instead of sorting them, I think I just kept buying more socks.

3) Cleaned the bathroom... scrubbed the tub/shower, toilet, sink, floor, walls, even the window.

4) Started organizing my closet... this is a multi-day project. Also convinced dh to clean and organize his closet (actually the entire spare room... since he uses the whole room as a place to deposit his clothes ). Of course, his closet is now spotless and organized perfectly. He is a far better cleaner than I am, which is probably a good thing since he is also a lot messier.

5) Started to organize my many bookshelves and sort through the ten boxes of books in the basement.

6) Started a Goodwill donation pile that is growing rapidly. I am determined to purge my house of all this STUFF!!

7) Made home-cooked, healthy meals two nights in a row.

8) Made time for some really great sex this weekend!
  • Sojo- your #9

Today's Ta-Da for me was that I finally cracked open one of my new cookbooks and made a new recipe for dinner tonight. It was really easy and took less than half an hour to make (my big criteria for afterwork dinners ) and actually tasted good for a "diet" recipe.

Oh, and I ate capers for the first time ever too!