Question for the folks that measure

• How often do you take your measurements? I took my first set today and was wondering how often I should retake them.
  • Once a month, more or less. But I won't have a cow if I miss a month.

For me it's the scale as the main thing, and then the inches for back up because I know the limitations of the scale as a tool.

A.
  • I'm doing it once a month too.
  • I did it once a month also.
  • Once a month - in the beginning (I have a large frame) I saw about 1 inch from everywhere. Now, if it's a good month, I'll see 1 inch from somewhere, nothing elsewhere or .5. Doing it more often would just discourage me.
  • I also take mine around once a month, sometimes once every two months. There have been so many times that the number on the scale was not moving but my knees and thighs were losing inches. That is really encouraging!
  • I measure once a week, when I record my weight. Since I'm not emotionally invested in the measurements, it really doesn't bother me if I don't see a change from week to week. Amazingly, most weeks I have a little change someplace. And the weeks the scale doesn't move seem to be the weeks that the tape measure shows the most change.
  • Maybe a couple of times per week? But normally only my waist or underbust. I probably take the other measurements about once per month or if I feel like I lost somewhere.
  • Hmm, I was measuring a few times a week and getting discouraged. Sounds like I need to switch to once a month!
  • About measuring - I notice my waist measurement fluctuates A LOT. It is now 31" in the morning, before eating, after peeing. At the end of the day or after eating it's like 33" to 34". No wonder so many people need to unbutton their pants after eating!
  • Quote: About measuring - I notice my waist measurement fluctuates A LOT. It is now 31" in the morning, before eating, after peeing. At the end of the day or after eating it's like 33" to 34". No wonder so many people need to unbutton their pants after eating!
    Very true, mine also gets bigger during TOM and ovulation AND after a hard workout.
  • Once a month!
  • I do it every ten pounds on the scale. I don't use it as an NSV, so much as showing where the weight came off. I would go nuts doing it once a month, as I like dramatic results