Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else?

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • Jenny-you should just have 2 whole eggs. The yolks contain the fat and other nutrients that you need!
  • Quote: Darbs...thanks so much for starting this thread. I reached 1/2 of my total goal so I decided to phase off thinking it would be easy to restart. Boy was I wrong!!! I have been back OP (well supposed to be) for 2 weeks now. I have a couple of good days then, bam, back to the drawing board. So far I have managed to lose an additional 4 lbs but, as you know, that comes on just as fast as it went off. It is so nice knowing I'm not the only one having to struggle with restarting!

Welcome....it is definately a struggle once you've been in maintenance ( I have been there for a year). Currently I am up 4 pounds from my maintenance weight....so I am okay with that, but losing my focus big time.

Quote: I'm stuck at the same weight for the last couple of weeks. Going to try something a little different - This week I started adding spinich and chocolate RTD to blender with a little ice - just tired of eating veggies outright, so I have one spinch/chocolate beverage for breakfast and 1 for dinner. Salad and grilled chicken for lunch with cucumbers, etc. Lets see how this works!

How do they taste...sounds weird?

Quote: Good afternoon ladies! So I had to check my scale today and was rewarded with a nice little drop. Down to 134.8, which of course, made me happy. I tried something a little bit different, and I added a little bit more protein and fat.

At bfast, I had a packet PLUS (3) scrambled egg whites. Then at lunch I added a 100 cal pack of the Emerald cocoa roasted almonds. Nothing too drastic, but it gave me a little bit more calories, fat and protein. I am going to keep this up for a couple more days and see if I get another drop.

M3, I am in the same boat. My original goal was 125 but I phased off at 135 because I was ready at that point. I successfully maintained it for 5 months, but just recently decided to get back on P1 to see how close to 125 I can get. So far I am 1 week in. It has not been perfect, and the losses are much slower now, but I do feel better. It is definitely not easy to get back on the wagon, but I also definitely needed a break from P1 at the time.
    YeS! Scale dropping is awesome...amazing what those few extra calories will do.
  • Quote: How do they taste...sounds weird?
    They taste like chocolate shake - they look kind of weird, greenish brown!
  • Quote: Jenny-you should just have 2 whole eggs. The yolks contain the fat and other nutrients that you need!
    2 eggs plus packet or just 2 eggs? I am doing packets in my P1 reboot.
  • Quote: 2 eggs plus packet or just 2 eggs? I am doing packets in my P1 reboot.
    I would add the 2 eggs. I often eat 2 hb eggs during the week and never found they were an issue. It's a good way to get in a little more fat, and they are more satisfying than whites! But still extra protein!
  • So I followed phase 1 perfect all day and then bam....I ate a small bowl of ice cream before bed (no bar)...what the heck...that is way off course for me. With that said...I believe it is probably about the same amount of calories (had about 1/2 cup...very small portion). Oh well....I will try it again today.
  • You can do it! Of course we know we can, we just have to actually do it! I met with my coach last night and she was very supportive. Hopefully I can follow her advice and stay OP this week.
  • Quote: You can do it! Of course we know we can, we just have to actually do it! I met with my coach last night and she was very supportive. Hopefully I can follow her advice and stay OP this week.
    did she give you good advice? is it something you can share? I have been planning to go back to my coach but she wasn't real supportive in the end and she was the one that convinced me that I should go into maintenance even though I didn't reach my goal. Not blaming her but I am not convinced that if I hadn't stuck it out to my goal I would have tried that much harder to stay there and not gain....
  • How is everyone doing today? Having a good P1 day so far? I am hanging in there on P1 with slight modifications. So far, adding a few extra proteins and healthy fats seem to be working in my favor and I feel a bit more satisfied with P1. Although my in-laws are due in for a visit, so that always means lots of eating out.

But all of my cravings are now gone, so at least that is a bonus. That is definitely the hardest part, getting past all of the cravings.

2Ride- sometimes I think about if I shouldn't have phased off early, but at the time, I really needed to. I was SO OVER phase 1 and needed a break. And even though it has been really difficult being back on P1, I am glad that I did what I did.
  • Quote: did she give you good advice? is it something you can share? I have been planning to go back to my coach but she wasn't real supportive in the end and she was the one that convinced me that I should go into maintenance even though I didn't reach my goal. Not blaming her but I am not convinced that if I hadn't stuck it out to my goal I would have tried that much harder to stay there and not gain....
    Don't feel bad...I went 10 pounds below my goal and it didn't stop me from gaining. It is hard to keep it off...the point is we don't ever go back to where we were....that we keep control....we are just being here and and being aware.
  • Hey Girls

Sunnymae here in severe need of a re-boot.. I just can't believe what's happened to my body. Muffin top back, thick thighs, arms and fuller face are not making me happy and it literally feels like it happened over night. That's the scary part.
    So...enough with that. I've been reading thru lots of threads today and see gals with 100% weight gain plus more on their plate after phasing off.
    So, I really need to be grateful for a 10lb reboot that feels like 30 to me and get moving here. I ordered a bunch of IP alternatives and will start Monday. It's easier when DH is on the road, no kids around, birthdays celebrations are over and I can do this quietly...one more time around.
    Wish me luck and I'm so glad you are here. I also need to say out loud that I have not been exercising and I know for sure this is why I have gained almost pure fat back and no muscle. My BMI is back up to 29!
    OK...nuff said. Please keep on my case and I'll keep on yours. Thanks, Sunnymae :0)
  • Sorry to welcome you here sunny!

I admit I weigh myself pretty much every day. It is the only way I know to stay on track.
    Plus, I got rid of any clothes bigger than a 6 or a small. Not much leeway.

Going to the gym in lululemon also helps! You are forced to look at yourself in the mirror!
  • Quote: So I followed phase 1 perfect all day and then bam....I ate a small bowl of ice cream before bed (no bar)...what the heck...that is way off course for me. With that said...I believe it is probably about the same amount of calories (had about 1/2 cup...very small portion). Oh well....I will try it again today.
    Hey Darbs,
    do you think some of the shakes or pudding would kind of sort of freeze up to an ice creamish consistency if thrown in the blender from the freezer until it gets creamy again? I do fall prey to ice cream when I lose my mind. Trying to come up with stuff that'll give me that feeling without the guilt and still be OP. I'll experiment with the chocolate mint pudding I got from Nashua and let you know. There are probably some recipes on the thread too.
    Anyways...keep up the good work and I'm glad for this thread. I'll be hanging around and know we can all knock off these coupla pounds.
  • There is a recipe for ice cream in the recipes thread..
  • Quote: Hey Girls

Sunnymae here in severe need of a re-boot.. I just can't believe what's happened to my body. Muffin top back, thick thighs, arms and fuller face are not making me happy and it literally feels like it happened over night. That's the scary part.
    So...enough with that. I've been reading thru lots of threads today and see gals with 100% weight gain plus more on their plate after phasing off.
    So, I really need to be grateful for a 10lb reboot that feels like 30 to me and get moving here. I ordered a bunch of IP alternatives and will start Monday. It's easier when DH is on the road, no kids around, birthdays celebrations are over and I can do this quietly...one more time around.
    Wish me luck and I'm so glad you are here. I also need to say out loud that I have not been exercising and I know for sure this is why I have gained almost pure fat back and no muscle. My BMI is back up to 29!
    OK...nuff said. Please keep on my case and I'll keep on yours. Thanks, Sunnymae :0)
    Hey there lady...sorry to welcome you back. The ice cream thing is tough with all the cremee stands open now. I was up 15 of the 85 I lost and now I am up about 4. But haven't weighed since Sunday...cheated Saturday...so guessing I am up about 7 today (it takes me days to lose the fluid retention). Did a pretty good phase one day...had some peanut butter.

I think I am here for life...but hey give us props for not gaining it all back and staying focused at times.

Quote: Sorry to welcome you here sunny!

I admit I weigh myself pretty much every day. It is the only way I know to stay on track.
    Plus, I got rid of any clothes bigger than a 6 or a small. Not much leeway.

Going to the gym in lululemon also helps! You are forced to look at yourself in the mirror!
    Yes....I got rid of everything bigger than an 8....so it forces me to stay at a certain weight. That is definately motivation.