Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else?

You're on Page 26 of 34
Go to
  • Hi all
    Home from nova scotia and will be reverting to strict phase 1 tomorrow! I feel bloated and yucky!
    My trip was fantastic and the orange bikini got many compliments (not at the airport, lol, but at the prince george hotel and at the beach in cape breton)!That was worth every low carb day and all the hours I spend in the gym.
  • I'm Glad I Found This Thread
    Hi everyone,

I got to goal last September then maintained pretty easily for a few months. I kept my weight 156-160. Then, between my Mom's death in December, high amounts of stress from the final few months of graduate school, and returning from vacation last week, I'm up 10 pounds. I successfully rebooted this past March but I've having a really hard time keeping my weight down since then. So, I'm here making the public commitment to my fellow IP-ers to get back down to 158, which is a comfortable weight for me and where I phased off last September. My clothes all still fit, but the pants that have less stretch in them are tighter than I would like.

I'm going to do this exclusively with your support as I can't afford to go back to my clinic. I'm using Proti-Thin/Proti-Diet products ordered from Nashua to help get me there. Most of them are the exact same products that IP sells, just with different packaging. My plan is to keep the carb count below 40 g/day (using 2 products, 4 c IP-approved veggies, lean protein, 4 tsp. oil, & IP supplements). This was suggested by my IP coach when I got to maintenance as a reboot and it's essentially what I did to lose the weight initially.

I started reboot yesterday and am doing fine so far. I feel good. If the past is any indication, I can expect the peak of carb cravings to happen between days 3 and 4. I won't weigh in until next Saturday because daily weights mess with my head too much... I plan to check in and post something about my progress every day until I get to my phase-off weight of 158. I really look forward to reading about how you all are doing, too.

Karen
  • Welcome Karen!
    I am trying to stick to phase 1 today too...I know tomorrow it will be much easier! I even tried the potato puffs recipe with the potato purée packet. So much better!

The routine of weekdays always helps gets me back on track.
  • Back on track Monday. A new week, a chance for a fresh start!
  • Down 6 pounds and at where I want to be - curious from other rebooters - do you recommend going 3-4 pounds lower (do you put those few lbs on after a reboot as with the full plan?

It's been a reminder about eating my protein (as a fellow rebooter mentioned above) - sorry can't scroll up and see names on the phone
  • ummm so I haven't gone for an official weigh in, that would be friday but I stepped on the scale and ummm I think I am 126!!! sticking to diet till Friday then I will post my weight and celebrate on Saturday... keeping fingers crossed.
  • Good luck eith the weigh in!
  • Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a couple of days so I thought I'd check in with ya'll. I am now on day 5 of stage 2 reboot and am feeling pretty good. I haven't had any problems like I did last time except I'm feeling a bit tired this afternoon. It may be because I forgot to take my vitamin/minerals at lunch. I'm going to shoot for 153 and then begin phasing off so that I should stabilize between 156 and 158, depending on how much glycogen I store. How's everyone else doing out there in IP land?
  • I'm on day 3 and starving! Not sure why-I think it's Pms!

Drinking lots of green tea and planning to eat an egg soon. Must make it to my spin and sculpt class tonight!!!
  • Hello All,

it sure took a while but I had a weigh in today and I am at 125. entering phase 3 from sunday mainly because I am going boating tomorrow so it will be phase zero
    my body fat content has gone down 2.5% BUT what is worrisome was that I have lost 2 pounds of muscle mass. Basically its time for me to stop being strict and get back to eating healthy and working out.

cheers to all! it was a hard month with 2 slip ups and its over for now.

ps: funny I don't see a change when I look in the mirror but all my clothes from last summer are fitting me fine, except one pair of cute shorts which I bought when I was 123.
  • Great thread. I want to do a mini-reboot. My clinic says I need to wait a full year until I put myself back in ketosis. So, since I began November 2011 I have to wait until November. Has anyone else received this as "advice". I'm doing p1 today, 'cause yesterday (well the past two days) have been my fun days. I'm clearly 5 - 7 lbs over.

I was thinking of doing p1 for two days than skipping a fun day this week and repeating two days of p1 next week... Does that sound like a good plan or just something I need to do and see if it works?

Thanks ladies!!! (And any men out there... )
  • Well, I posted my question in the regular maintainers thread and was told by several folks that a year is not needed to do a reboot...(Silly rule!) So, I'm officially in a reboot...Today is day two.

My P1 days after my fun day are always the hardest but today...day 2 P1 is a little better...it's just getting in the mindset to do it!

I'll just keep posting here and hopefully someone else will be in a reboot with me. Well, not that I really want anyone in the same boat with me but I feel silly writing to myself!!! LOL
  • Hi rebooters! How's everyone doing today?

So, the highest weight I've seen is 175 (today I'm at 167). 167 is two pounds above my comfortable pant fit BUT I really should get down to 160 to give myself more wiggle room.

I tend to have 1.5 - 2.5 "fun" days with 4-5 days in between! I will stop that terrorizing habit! My eyeopener was when I began my last fun day at 168 and it brought me up to 175!!! I quickly lost the "water" weight...but man that's some scary stuff.. LOL! I can laugh now because I'm back to going down and making some changes to my fun days!

I'm not doing a full re-boot of going into Ketosis. I did two days at P1 (which brought me to 167) and will now do a P4 breakfast with P1 lunch and or dinner. I'm also going to scale back (way back) on my fun day. I'll be sure to keep them to ONE DAY and until I get down to my real comfort weight (160) I'll keep it to one fun meal per week!!!

I'll continue to report back my progress...

Best wishes to anyone else rebooting and figuring out what works!
  • Quote: Hi rebooters! How's everyone doing today?

So, the highest weight I've seen is 175 (today I'm at 167). 167 is two pounds above my comfortable pant fit BUT I really should get down to 160 to give myself more wiggle room.

I tend to have 1.5 - 2.5 "fun" days with 4-5 days in between! I will stop that terrorizing habit! My eyeopener was when I began my last fun day at 168 and it brought me up to 175!!! I quickly lost the "water" weight...but man that's some scary stuff.. LOL! I can laugh now because I'm back to going down and making some changes to my fun days!

I'm not doing a full re-boot of going into Ketosis. I did two days at P1 (which brought me to 167) and will now do a P4 breakfast with P1 lunch and or dinner. I'm also going to scale back (way back) on my fun day. I'll be sure to keep them to ONE DAY and until I get down to my real comfort weight (160) I'll keep it to one fun meal per week!!!

I'll continue to report back my progress...

Best wishes to anyone else rebooting and figuring out what works!
    My first 8 months in maintenance I would do phase one on Mondays, phase two on Tuesdays, maintenance on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday until 4pm. And then I would take off from Friday at 4pm until Sunday at noontime....I was able to maintain perfect that whole time. Then I stopped doing phase 1 days and gained 5 pounds and then I stopped doing anything good for the past two months and gained another 10 pounds. So 15 months later...up 15....but doing 6 weeks of phase 1 starting September 2nd. Then going back to what worked all those months...

Weighing in weekly and phase 1 days are key to maintenance.
  • Oh Darbs I'm glad you're here! I've enjoyed reading your posts!!! I will likely follow a "schedule" like you laid out when you first began maintaining. I'm just happy to know I can get back down...unlike before when I would just keep going and growing.