Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else?

You're on Page 15 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: I see our height and weight are similar...what size do you wear...I am a very comfortable 8....but I had a tummy tuck years ago...so my loose skin doesn't exist(/QUOTE

Darbs I wear a comfortable size 11 pants, went from a size 28 to size 11. I am large framed, don't think I will ever fit much smaller than I do now as I can actually feel my hip bones now LOL. My tops are L-XL I have broad shoulders and busty.Wish I could get up the nerve to do a tummy tuck, that is where my problem area is, but hopefully time and exercise will help this out for me.
    I am getting a Mommy Makeover in October! Tummy tuck with breast lift and augmentation... I am really nervous but very excited.
  • Quote: I am getting a Mommy Makeover in October! Tummy tuck with breast lift and augmentation... I am really nervous but very excited.
    Don't be nervous...best money I ever spent....to lose weight and be stuck with the loose skin is a bummer....but the tummy tuck smooths it all out. good luck.
  • Quote: do you mind if I ask why you're transitioning off the IP packets? is there something in them that makes you want to stay away from them?

I am in maintenance and have been for a year....I just want to go whole organic lifestyle and kick the fact food habit as a crutch.

Quote: Hi ladies, do you mind if I join in?!

I lost 35 lbs using alternatives and phased off once I hit 150 lbs. I started weight training and had zero energy and thought it was time. Also, after losing 85 lbs since I started my journey, I just was needing a break from being so strict as it was getting to me big time... I was moody as heck!

After becoming lazy with my eating habits, I have gained a few pounds back... weighed in at 162.4 this morning but it's my TOM... I'm usually between 155 - 158 though.

Started phase 1 today and I am committed until the end of June and want to get back to my happy weight.

Hope to hang around here a bit if you don't mind!
    I am hanging in here forever so that I don't gain it back ever...join in.

Quote: I see our height and weight are similar...what size do you wear...I am a very comfortable 8....but I had a tummy tuck years ago...so my loose skin doesn't exist(/QUOTE

Darbs I wear a comfortable size 11 pants, went from a size 28 to size 11. I am large framed, don't think I will ever fit much smaller than I do now as I can actually feel my hip bones now LOL. My tops are L-XL I have broad shoulders and busty.Wish I could get up the nerve to do a tummy tuck, that is where my problem area is, but hopefully time and exercise will help this out for me.

Yup...I am busty and broad too....and I can feel my hip bones...we must have a similar body type.
  • Quote: Don't be nervous...best money I ever spent....to lose weight and be stuck with the loose skin is a bummer....but the tummy tuck smooths it all out. good luck.
    thank you! I know a few ladies who have had it done and they say the same as you... best money they ever spent and they only wish they had done it sooner.

I am proud of my body but no amount of exercise is changing the loose skin... can't wait until it's gone!
  • Quote: . The simply bar has few ingredients and tastes good!
    I just ordered the chocolate peanut ones. I am making a conserted effort to try to eat more whole foods, but a bar for a pre workout snack and a shake as a recovery drink will always be a part of my plan. But aside from that, it is going to be all real foods.
  • Those of you who are doing all real foods...can you let me know what your typical day will look like? Also, are you still trying to lose some or just planning on maintaining for now? Thanks in advance!!!!!
  • Hey ladies- did everyone have a nice holiday weekend? Of course I am on P1 today in an effort to do some damage control. Considering what I ate and drank, I feel lucky to be up a couple pounds. I am sure a lot of it is sodium

Today is my last day with full blown packets. I am slowly weaning myself off of them and switching to whole foods. I was going to do it today, but I really wanted just a straight up P1 day to help combat the weekend. So starting tomorrow, I will no longer be having a packet for breakfast and lunch.

I think that a post workout shake and a pre workout bar will always be part of my plan, but I am going to be making better choices with those as well. I ordered the Simply Bars which have natural whole ingredients and I am going to get some straight up whey protein powder to make for post workout shakes. At least it will be more whole than the packets.
  • Quote: I am getting a Mommy Makeover in October! Tummy tuck with breast lift and augmentation... I am really nervous but very excited.
    Wish I had the nerve to get it done, but I am a chicken. There is a clinic that does Titan laser that tightens skin I may consider this when I find out how well it works. Good luck Sara
  • My friend who lost using ip just had her boobs done. They look so good, I am jealous.
    But pain deters me!!
    My skin must be very elastic as it all disappeared, but without a good bra I am chest-less!
  • Quote: I just ordered the chocolate peanut ones. I am making a conserted effort to try to eat more whole foods, but a bar for a pre workout snack and a shake as a recovery drink will always be a part of my plan. But aside from that, it is going to be all real foods.
    Hi jennydoodle, I was wondering which Wheat Belly book you read. There is 1 called just Wheat Belly and the other is Wheat Belly lose the wheat, lose the weight and find your path to health and both are by William Davis.
    Are there other good simply bars ? I have tried Oh Yeah, Detour, Atkins, and Pure Protein. I like the Oh Yeah the best and some of the Atkins.
  • The simply bars all taste great. The texture is a bit different...almost like a rice krispie square, but I have liked every flavor.
  • Quote: Those of you who are doing all real foods...can you let me know what your typical day will look like? Also, are you still trying to lose some or just planning on maintaining for now? Thanks in advance!!!!!
    I am maintaining....only because I still have one or two cheats days a week...here is what a phase 1ish type day with no packets looks like...

2 eggs for breakfast
    veggies/lettuce/tuna or chicken (3-5 ounces) and yogurt dressing (45 calories and 3 carbs)
    meat and veggie and evoo for dinner
    Snack....nuts or dark chocolate...or plain greek yogurt with berries

It is low calorie, low carb, and low fat....I have lost doing this if I don't have my cheat days.

Quote: Hey ladies- did everyone have a nice holiday weekend? Of course I am on P1 today in an effort to do some damage control. Considering what I ate and drank, I feel lucky to be up a couple pounds. I am sure a lot of it is sodium

Today is my last day with full blown packets. I am slowly weaning myself off of them and switching to whole foods. I was going to do it today, but I really wanted just a straight up P1 day to help combat the weekend. So starting tomorrow, I will no longer be having a packet for breakfast and lunch.

I think that a post workout shake and a pre workout bar will always be part of my plan, but I am going to be making better choices with those as well. I ordered the Simply Bars which have natural whole ingredients and I am going to get some straight up whey protein powder to make for post workout shakes. At least it will be more whole than the packets.
    I hear ya....I was very bad...chips and dip, margaritas, cake...naughty naughty.
  • Sounds easy enough!!! Thanks Darbs!
  • M3- I don't have it totally figured out yet, but here is something close to what I am thinking (I am maintaining, not losing)

B: (2) eggs + (1) egg white, apple, almond butter
    L: Salad w/ all veggies, Good seasons dressing, 6-8 oz. meat (protein), cocoa roasted almonds
    S: Simply Bar
    WORKOUT
    S: (post workout) whey protein powder mixed with water
    D: 6-8 oz. meat (protein) salad w/good seasons dressing and veggies

The snack thing kills me. Nuts are a favorite, but so easy to go overboard and finding a source of protein is tough. Nothing like nawing on a piece of chicken for a snack So I will most likely stick to some kind of bar, but one that is less processed (ie: Simply Bar) and has pronouncable ingredients. The post workout shake is the same issue.

I will also add in some cheese and/or Greek yogurt here and there, but I try to stay away from dairy. I also don't tolerate grains very well, so if I want to do another carb, I usually do potatoes, beans or corn. I look and feel my best with limited carbs.

On the weekends, I like to "let up" and enjoy dining out and a drink or 2, so I usually just go with the flow on the weekends. Plus my schedule is also all over the place and not as regimented as during the week.
  • Quote: M3- I don't have it totally figured out yet, but here is something close to what I am thinking (I am maintaining, not losing)

B: (2) eggs + (1) egg white, apple, almond butter
    L: Salad w/ all veggies, Good seasons dressing, 6-8 oz. meat (protein), cocoa roasted almonds
    S: Simply Bar
    WORKOUT
    S: (post workout) whey protein powder mixed with water
    D: 6-8 oz. meat (protein) salad w/good seasons dressing and veggies

The snack thing kills me. Nuts are a favorite, but so easy to go overboard and finding a source of protein is tough. Nothing like nawing on a piece of chicken for a snack So I will most likely stick to some kind of bar, but one that is less processed (ie: Simply Bar) and has pronouncable ingredients. The post workout shake is the same issue.

I will also add in some cheese and/or Greek yogurt here and there, but I try to stay away from dairy. I also don't tolerate grains very well, so if I want to do another carb, I usually do potatoes, beans or corn. I look and feel my best with limited carbs.

On the weekends, I like to "let up" and enjoy dining out and a drink or 2, so I usually just go with the flow on the weekends. Plus my schedule is also all over the place and not as regimented as during the week.
    Yup....I was so good all day and then boom....over did it on the nuts....I just kept grabbing 3-5 then 3-5 then 3-5....not sure how many I ate...but staying out of the kitchen.