What's for dinner?

• I thought it might be nice to have a thread that lists what everyone had for their main meal every day so when we need inspiration we can check the thread for ideas.

Does that make sense?

Tonight I treated myself to a sirloin steak, pan fried, served with a sauce of broth (knorr stock pot) and sour cream, and buttered green beans.
  • I am having a big salad tonight. Normally I don't fix an extra meal for my family, but they deserve to be able to have their spaghetti and garlic bread once in a while! LOL!!

I'm having Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, fresh motz, a little bit of shreeded colby jack and some grilled chicken on top, with ranch dressing.

I'm craving a really cold crunchy salad tonight!

Your dinner sounds good!
  • i have to hit the grocery store bec i'm out of salad (DISASTER!!!!) but when i get back (2-1/2hrs late for my dinner), it'll be

13 shrimp (size 31-40) poached in their own juices (sprinkle with water on the frying pan then pop a lid over them - no butter, no oil) then sprinkled with black pepper, lemon juice, and scotch bonnet sauce

salad - greens, sweet pepper, celery, tomato, onion, mushrooms, sprinkled with balsamic vinegar

big cup of green tea (i think i might see if there is a *caffeinated* version of my favourite, lychee/pear)
  • Last night I cooked up a burger, melted cheese on it and then topped it with some salsa and sour cream. It was yummy! I also had a salad on the side with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber and some Italian dressing.

It was an awesome Atkins dinner
  • Tonight was chicken breasts in dijon cream sauce and green beans again.

Tomorrow I'm going to have to add a salad before dinner, 'cause I just can't make it through two cups at lunch!
  • I think tonight I'm going to coat some chicken breast in olive oil and bake them with some oregano, basil and sage. I'll steam some veggies for me and make a carby side for my husband.
  • Tonight was fried ham and scrambled eggs with cheese. No veggie, but since I've been spending 2 carbs on a scoop of Green Superfood every day, I think I'll be okay skipping a dinner vegetable this once.

And I just treated myself to some chocolate induction mousse. I'm going to try to make that an occasional treat only, but today is day 3 and the Atkins flu demanded something special!
  • What is Chocolate Induction Mousse? Must go look this one up!
  • Tomato and Avocado salad
    I give this recipe to all of my weight loss clients, they all seem to really like it. Use it as a side to chicken or fish, or by itself as a snack. Hope you enjoy it!

Katie Meyers

4-6 plum tomatoes, cut into chunks
    1 avocado, cut into chunks
    1/2 red onion, sliced
    juice of 1 lime
    salt and pepper to taste
  • Quote: What is Chocolate Induction Mousse? Must go look this one up!
    I'm not sure if its ever shown up officially anywhere...I started making it the last time I did Atkins.

3 tbsp of whipping cream, 3 tsp of cocoa (Green & Black's Organic has .3 carbs per tsp) and 1.5 tsp of Splenda with a little extract...vanilla or almond are nice. Then whip it up and it's rich, quick, indulgent, but also induction-friendly.
  • OMG...this evening I tried that recipe for cauliflower that's sort of "loaded potato" flavour. See, I've always hated cauliflower and haven't tried in for years. I figured I'd use the cauliflower dish as a side with hamburgers.

Not only is it really, really good, but it was so filling, I couldn't eat all my meat!

I'll have to make this one again, but I'll add a bit more bacon and make it a main course.
  • Guys - I invented the best recipe ever! I wanted a philly cheese steak sandwich in the worst way so I invented the philly cheese steak pie.

-Sautée an onion, pepper, and mushrooms.
    -Get the best deli roast beef you can find. Don't scrimp here!
    -In a pie plate, layer roast beef, onion, pepper, mushroom, and provolone cheese.
    -Repeat layers as many times as you like (I did three layers).
    -Cover with foil and bake until the cheese is melted and gooey.
    -Slice and serve.

I'm going to try it with ham and cheddar next!
  • Quote: Guys - I invented the best recipe ever! I wanted a philly cheese steak sandwich in the worst way so I invented the philly cheese steak pie.

-Sautée an onion, pepper, and mushrooms.
    -Get the best deli roast beef you can find. Don't scrimp here!
    -In a pie plate, layer roast beef, onion, pepper, mushroom, and provolone cheese.
    -Repeat layers as many times as you like (I did three layers).
    -Cover with foil and bake until the cheese is melted and gooey.
    -Slice and serve.

I'm going to try it with ham and cheddar next!
    Yum. That sounds delish. thanks for posting.

We are having really nice weather here in NY, so I grilled a big batch of chicken breasts the other day. Tonight I had steamed fresh green beans tossed with feta cheese and the chicken. Yum. Doesn't taste like diet food at all.
  • I just drove through Wendy's and got the new "W" burger without the bun and it is DEEElish! That burger and a caesar side salad combined are 10 carbs.
  • Quote: I just drove through Wendy's
    Of all the weird things, DH and I really miss Wendy's. One of the only things we miss from Canada.