What's for dinner?

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Beer.
  • Haha, Ian you crack me up.

Moreso my lunch than my dinner, but it's a meatza. A pizza where the crust is meat instead of dough. With sauteed onions, bellpepper, garlic and mushrooms on top and a homemade tomato sauce. Freakin delish.
  • Latest favourite- homemade chicken tikka made with fat free yogurt, on a bed of steamed buk choy, pak choy, broccoli and cauliflower, add a serve of Susan Voisin's Lite Goddess Dressing and a Tbsp of arame.....lush and filling, low fat and no starchy carbs.
  • Beer.
  • I gotta say that i checked this thread because i saw that Ian had posted - and he always has something interesting to say. and then when i saw what he usually plans for dinner i had to chime in with my embarrassing meal.

please understand, though, that because i've had gastric bypass surgery, i'm eating only a VERY small portion of this - less than 1/2 cup. so here goes.

homemade ricotta and zucchini gnocchi baked in cream and bleu cheese.

there's almost no flour in these - and it's extremely low carb. but O M G high in fat. and O M G so very good
  • Thanks Jiffypop! Sounds delicious.

Tonight, I thought long and hard and decided to have beer for dinner!
  • I had 2 pieces of whole wheat wheat berry bread (from whole foods bakery) with hummus and tomato slices. I also had a small bowl of cherries.
  • cucumber & feta salad with olive oil/vinegar
    brown rice with sauteed onions, black beans and roasted corn
  • Longhorn Steakhouse - Sierra Chicken

410 calories, 72g protein!
  • We had this
    http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com/2...kale-with.html

Smoky white beans with garlicky grits. First time I ever made grits but really good.
  • Tomatoes and some bread.
  • A long, hot walk and a light, uncooked dinner. A homemade hummus made with chickpeas, avocado, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, spices, etc. Dipped with vegetables and pretzels. And a hard cider.
  • Beer.
  • The usual:

HUGE mixed green salad with 1/2 large avocado, grilled chicken breast, parmesan seasonings, and lately sunflower sprouts grown by moi!
  • lettuce wrap with chicken, sprouts and cucumbers with a dressing made of low fat yogurt, fresh dill, and chopped green onion.