One Day at a Time, MARCHING THROUGH MARCH

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hello Everyone! OK, OK, I'll start the new thread.

Please join us in our One Day At a Time MARCHING THROUGH MARCH CHALLENGE. We're a group of ladies who have lost a lot of weight by counting cals, exercising and drinking water. We are setting goals of how much we want to lose (or maintain) in the month of March. We report weekly each Friday morning. Next progress report: March 7. EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

We have found that life is to be lived One Day at a Time, and this includes our various ways of eating and the exercise that we do. So sip that water, move that body, encourage each other, and let's MARCH THROUGH MARCH, singing lustily and with vigor. And smiling, too, of course.
  • dena
    looks pretty quiet on here lately, but hope dena gets my message.

i was just checking my e-mail messages and had one from joannie that her mom died last weekend and she wanted me to let you know. sorry, i didn't know how else to get ahold of you.
  • Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about Joanie's mother. And I, too, hope that Dena will check in. Dena, where are you???

You are right, it has been mighty quiet. I think some of the posters are out of town.
  • my lifes been pretty hectic lately so i can understand not having time to check in.
  • Hey Gang....I am here....I am trying to get back on track....I hope to do well in the rest of the month of march....drink water, watch the food intake...and my all time favorite, NOT! exercise! Love you all....are we weighing in on Fridays? Joanie
  • Good to have you posting, Joanie. Hugs and cheerful thoughts are going in your direction.

As far as I am concerned we can weigh in any time we want to. Personally on maintenance I weigh in almost every day. That keeps me in focus. And each of us is doing an individual day-at-a-time march through MARCH but we aren't necessarily doing it in lockstep with each other.

So weigh when you want to, post when you can, and stay positive.
  • hey gang,
    been keeping busy lately. but i just got laid off work for 2 weeks so hopefully i'll be posting more often. hope to hear from others too.
  • Being laid off work is no fun. Sorry about that. Guess we've all got our own little personal problems that get in the way of our lives.

As for me, I haven't been posting because I have been out of town to a funeral. My DH's sister's DH died suddenly so we went to Arizona for a few days. Got back and am trying to play catch-up with everything.

Remember, we stick with it -- a day at a time. And try to keep smiling -
  • Here's a verse that fits our thread. Thought I would share it with you.

One Day at a Time

Whatever the goal we're pursuing.
    No matter how rugged the climb.
    We're certain to get there by trying our best
    And taking One Day At A Time.

"Forever" is hard to imagine.
    "The future" may seem far away.
    But every new dawn brings a wonderful chance
    To do what we can on that day. - Emily Matthews
  • morning all
    just checking in to see how everyone is doing this morning

i'm doing good, got up and rode my bike. the weathers nice today maybe i can get out for a walk. i'm also trying to get my water down today, one of my many goals. I'd also like to lift weights today, if i can fit it into the schedule
  • More snow today, Praise the Lord. We need the moisture. But everything is shut down due to the snow. Schools are closed, etc. No walking around the block for me today!

I guess I will dig out an exercise tape, and maybe do some stretching. Drink that water, think positive thoughts, watch my portion size, keep smiling.

Everyone, have a good day -
  • somehow i hurt my knee so haven't been able to exercise today but i'm sticking to my eating plan and trying to drink lots of water. I'm also going to try doing some upper body weightlifting. anything that doesn't mess with my knee.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

always remember to forget the troubles that pass your way but never forget to remember the blessings that come each day.

have a great day everyone
  • Boy, it's been quiet lately in here. I've been off track lately so i need to post my goals to keep me in check:

1. drink atleast 8 glasses of water.
    2. eat 5 or 6 small meals
    3. ride bike atleast 20 minutes.
  • It sure has been quiet. For myself I need to get back to my exercise. Today I will DO it.

And keep smiling of course.