12 lb weight loss in less than 1 month, even with PCOS!

• My name is Katie Meyers, I am a registered nurse, and a weight loss counselor. I have a client that I've been counseling since February 1, 2012. She suffers with PCOS, and numerous other medical problems that make weight loss difficult if not seemingly impossible. She has been so motivated, so determined to lose her weight. So far, she has lost 12.3 lbs! I am so proud of my client, I admire her positivity, and hope it's contagious!
  • What plan is she following?
  • Does PCOS makes it easier for a woman to put on weight, or if the extra weight causes a woman to develop PCOS? -- I have been baffled by this.

Happy for your patient!!
  • I Just Did A Post On This And Am Wondering The Same
  • PCOS causes a woman to gain weight and keep weight on around the midsection/belly area. I have this and its such a pain to try and lose weight. Most women with PCOS are also insulin resistant...
  • Quote: Does PCOS makes it easier for a woman to put on weight, or if the extra weight causes a woman to develop PCOS? -- I have been baffled by this.

Happy for your patient!!
    Weight does NOT cause PCOS.

You can have PCOS and be thin. You can be overweight and NOT have PCOS.

However, if you have PCOS, you can find that one of the issues is slow weight loss. Ironically, the best thing you can do for PCOS, aside from eating healthy, is to lose weight.