Whitney Houston Fan

• Hi everyone!
    I am over 50, been a lifelong dieter. The bottom line, I love food, the wrong kind of food. But lately, I have been abusing food. An entire 1/2 Gallon of Ice Cream, or a big bag of M&M's. Total sugar addict, can't stop once I start. And of course I have to be sneaky and plan out the binge.

Anyway, I finally said, enough. You are addicted to sugar you can't have sugar. You are ruining your health and shortening your life. With Whitney Houston's death it just woke me up and made me realize that an addiction is an addiction. I am not meaning to offend anyone. I am saying for myself, I can't eat sugar, it just leads to an out of control binge.

So I started Atkins the other day. It really is not that bad. I know that something stressful will occur and I will crave candy or cookies something fierce. But, I don't want to waste my life feeding my addiction and causing all sorts of health problems.

Thanks for reading. And, thanks for all of the inspiration I get from reading other's posts.

• You're correct - an addiction is an addiction, and sugar addiction has dangerous health consequences. The difference is that sugar is not only legal, but it's ALL OVER DA PLACE !

You are going to do great
  • I agree that for some people, sugary food is indeed an addiction that leads to ill health. Good for you recognizing this issue in your life; and for doing something about it. Glad you joined us here; jump right in and enjoy yourself ...