Lent challenge

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Almost down to less than a month to go. How is everyone doing???
  • Hi ^_^ I'd like to join in for some accountability.

Crisps are my weakspot. They're like a trigger food for me. I've successfully managed to cut them out of my diet for lent. Since I stopped buying them, I've not been snacking as much either

24 days to go!
  • Welcome lilsquirrel. I was in Scotland last summer, and quite surprised at the types of crisps you have we don't! Good luck on your challenge.

I have been doing very well on the original challenges I started. Not so well on the ones I have added in. And oh can I tell. My body feels very yucky, noshing on all that crud Well, today is a new day.

Have a good one all!
  • Good morning all! 25 more days to go on our challenge. How are you all doing? Are you finding it easier to make healthy choices?

Hang in there, and live healthy!
  • Well, I must confess a slip up. Was out for dinner Saturday night. I was tired from working an overnight, had a killer headache, and I WANTED A SODA!! I gave in to the craving.

Luckily, I haven't wanted one since.

But boy could I use help in other areas. I need some trash talk to get back on track with eating healthy and working out hard. I want to be healthy to run my dogs, yet I am letting my frustration with foot recovery keep me from doing ANYTHING. And I want to reduce the meds I take, yet am eating so poorly my acid reflux is out of control.

Help!!!
  • Still doing fine on the candy challenge. Only having rare cravings, usually when I see a particular Easter favorite.

I did have another soda, however. I went to the gym before having any caffeine, and by the time I got done, the headache was massive.

Note to self: 1) Start using decaf coffee, and saving the full caffeine for really tired school day or working 3rd shifts. 2) Until I have done 1, make sure to have a little coffee before going to the gym

Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you soon
  • I gave up alcohol at home for Lent. Might sound mad but the glass or two of wine in the evenings was a bit of a habit, used up far too many of my syns (doing Slimming World) and often ended up with a munchie attack too. I've surprised myself by not cracking once so far and not missing it either. Yay.
  • Great job, Elliemar.

I have to admit to not doing as well. I have had to cover a lot of 3rd shifts at work, on top of my day hours, school, and dog training. I have had soda every weekend, and ate a bag of candy today.

I know there isn't an excuse. That there are better ways to stay fueled. But, here I am again
  • I'm doing well on the no chocolate front.. well well except for the occasional time I seem to eat something with chocolate in without registering it is chocolate.. it's a bit weird.. but there's only been about 4 incidences of that at least!
  • Well, I did well until the last week. And then lost it, due to typical triggers - lack of sleep turning into lack of impulse control. Well, I still ate less candy and drank less soda over this Lent season than normal. Now, I just need to keep it up!

Hope everyone did well and feels well!