Anyone in the 220's??

• I could not find a tread for others battling the 220's. I'm not officially there yet. I'm still 231, but I'm hoping to be in the 220's by next week!! Anyone else in the 220's? I would love to chat with you.
  • Just got there this past week! I'm about your height too. Bet in a few days you'll be there!
  • I'm the same height and weighed in at 228 on Saturday. I'd love to chat with others my size.
  • I am the same height and around the same weight!
  • Out of curiosity, where do you ladies carry your weight? I unfortunately carry it all around my middle where it makes clothes shopping a pain. It's often assumed that it's evenly distributed. My thighs aren't too big and I have no rear to speak of. Same can be said for my bust - I barely fit a B cup!

@BellaM - This is completely random, but I have to ask because of your avatar... Are you a Boston mommy? I have 2 myself!
  • My weight is all over though currently it seems to be mostly on my front -abdominal area, bust. When I first became overweight I looked more pear-like though so it's like I'm a pear that morphed into an apple. I have heavy legs too so I guess it's most accurate to say that it's all over.
  • Hi Essbee, Cofeelover, and BellaM! It's always great to find others who are within the same weight range and with similar goals.

I carry my weight all over, but my middle section is definitely the worst. I look sooo pregnant. I recently came back to work to a place where I used to work before I was overweight. I could just see the shock in people's faces when they saw how big I had gotten. I know a lot of them though I was pregnant.

What plan are you guys doing? I'm counting calories and just started exercising. I actually got up extra early this morning to do a 30 min walk. That is all I can do right now. I would love to be able to run even though I've never been a runner.
  • There is one. I just bumped it forward. I am feeling lonely. Come join in.
  • I'm actually doing Dr. Anderson's Simple Diet which is basically five meal replacements throughout the day (3 shakes, 2 frozen entrees) and 5+ servings of fruits and veggies. I had aspirations to workout at the gym Monday-Friday, but well... I'm being told I shouldn't go everyday. I don't know what to do. I think I might try every other day and see how that goes (while probably doing a little something at home on the off days) for a while. The first two weeks I was eating too few calories because I was afraid to eat, around 800-900 and then walking for 40 minutes a day. I had a treadmill and put on a TV show on DVD which runs about 40 minutes or just over. It's a great distraction. I'm hoping to build up to running myself and was planning to start the Couch to 5K program soon, but my knees have started giving me trouble, so I might hold off a bit. Lately I've been doing water aerobics and weight training.