Texas Gal Here and New To 30 something Group

• Hey everyone! I'm new to the 30 something group I'm 31, female, single, from Texas I've got alot to lose but I know it's one day at a time and that is what I'm working on right now. I had been on this site a couple of years ago while doing Weight Watchers and lost 60 lb's (but of course gained it back). Made some great friends and hoping to do it again. This time around I'm counting calories using my Livestrong.com ap on my phone. Such a lifesaver and have really enjoyed counting calories (which I never thought I would).
  • Welcome So!! I'm Katie... I'm 30 and also new here to this board, going on my 2nd month.

I used to use livestrong, but after a while it got weird and crashed every time I added food.. Which got annoying, lol. So I have mynetdiary now, and I love it. Lots of people like the LoseIt! app too. There are plenty to pick from, and having it right there makes it SO handy!!

I like calorie counting because I can fit anything into my "plan" and I can plan ahead with it.
  • Hey Kate! Thanks for the welcome congrats on your accomplishment so far! And ya I haven't had it crash on me yet but there for a while it changed my "status" to maintain weight lol. Uh no I do not want to maintain this lol. So I had to change it every time I saw it. I'll have to check out those others
  • Hi! I'm pretty new too I also do calorie counting, for the first time in my life! and it has been working great. Welcome and congrats on getting started on your journey!!
  • thanks ali! ya i had never done calorie counting either, i think it intimidated me lol but it's been going great
  • Welcome fellow Texan! I love calorie counting too! It is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I'm not the best at math but the equation of less calories = less of Michele makes sense to me! =)
  • Welcome! I'm in the other big state, Alaska. Hope you love 3FC!
  • Welcome ladies!!! I am kinda new here too and doing a combo of low carb and low calorie. We will see how that works!! Good luck with your journey!
  • Welcome to the board ladies!!
  • I'm newish too. Been reading the boards since May of last year but didn't have the nerve to start posting until now. I just turned 30 so this seemed like a good place to start.

Glad calorie counting is working for you. It's what I do too. It just seems to make the most sense to me because it's so straightforward. I like that. If you're shopping around and would like more suggestions, I use fitday and like it a lot. I've read a lot of people like myfitnesspal, too.
  • Hello! I use myfitnesspal I'm new to calorie counting too! Started January 3rd and it really isn't as bad as I thought it would be! I've found that planning my meals and shopping 2 weeks in advance really helps me stay on track though! Good luck, I'm sure you will have amazing results!
  • Welcome fellow Texan!

I am calorie counting as well, while trying to eat a South Beach based diet. The results have been great so far! I use sparkpeople to count my calories.

Good luck and congrats on the 20 pound loss so far!