Tasty OP Snacks

• Hey, guys. I thought maybe we could share some of our favorite OP snacks. Just yesterday I found a new flavor of Skinny Cow's ice cream sandwich -- chocolate PB cup!! It is so good!! I couldn't believe it was diet food

I also really like the fat free sour cream & onion Pringles and Orville Redenbacher's (spelling?) Smart Pop when I'm in the mood for something salty.

Anyone else have any favorites?
  • I enjoy soy nuts!

plus pretzels, pbj sandwiches and jello w/ cool whip! Honey butter on toast, and chocolate pudding.

I found the skinny cows just made me crave more junk.
  • those PB skinny cow's are AWESOME!!

i've been snacking on some redhot candies lately... 50 of them is 60 calories, and they are HOT so i can't eat them very fast. hee.

pretzels or baby carrots are my good old standbys.
  • I'm still not at a point where I can eat even good "junk" food. I tried with pretzels and I wanted to eat more than was OP for me.

I have found a great snack, however. On WW, it's 3 points. I take a Sara Lee minibagel, and put a wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese on it, and 6 slices of Hillshire Farm deli ham. My WW leader told us about it, and it's really good.
  • Baked Tofu..... I know, I'm a weirdo.

You have to get firm tofu, Squeeze it for a day, then marinate it in sesame oil, chili oil, peanut butter and soy sauce. Slice it into thing squares and bake. They're really tasty.
  • tofu? jessica.. you are such a californian hehe.. just kidding

my fav off program treat is deep fried cheese curds - those must be the nastiest things in the world!

Sheila - laughing cow cheese is great. I always have some in the fridge.
  • I had those when I was in Madison! Yep, fresh cheese and fatty oil, what a combo!
  • Stupid question. What is laughing cow cheese?
  • it is a soft cheese sold in little circle containers. You get about 10 pieces inside that are triangle shaped. I get the "light" laughing cow - 35 calories. It's easy to spread - sometimes I will use it instead of butter for a sandwich with turkey and cucumbers

this should give you some info.
    http://www.thelaughingcow.co.uk/html...o/d-spread.htm

I get mine in the deli section of the grocery store. Just ask at the deli.

It's a bit pricey - I pay about $3.69
  • I picked up a 3pk of Laughing Cow Regular (50 cals/wedge) at Sam's Club for 5.86 last week. It's a regularly stocked item here. Yummy!
  • I swear to God WI is the only place on earth w/battered deep fried CHEESE---AND THEN THEY GIVE YOU SOUR CREAM SAUCE TO DIP THEM IN!!!!!

Today I splurged & bought fat free Dannon vanilla, fresh blackberries, raspberries & strawberries. I'm going to cut up the strawberries & mix them & the berries in w/the yogurt. Mmmmm.
  • I really like plain popcorn.
  • My favorite snacks or mini-meals are

1. Carrots
    2. A few strawberries or grapes and a piece of cheese
    3. A slice or 2 of lunchmeat and a hershey kiss (not at the same time)
    4. tictacs. You can eat the whole box and it's only 60 or 70 calories. I like fresh mint and wintergreen
    5. Candy cane - 60 or 70 calories
    6. To drink -- raspberry seltzer water with a dollop of cranberry juice cocktail and if I feel like it a smaller dollop of orange juice. Makes a punch that has all the zing of soda but tastes better.
  • Girls, my grocery store FINALLY got in some Skinny Cow products. Woo hoo!!!!

I tried the fudge bars (YUM!)
    and got my boyfriend the ice cream sandwiches (he's addicted).

They are very very yummy!
  • This past week I discovered a new product in the "Baked" stuff from Frito-Lay. BAKED RUFFLES SOUR CREAM AND CHEDDAR!!!!!

I actually like them more than the originals. Not greasy, and full of flavor!

1 oz. = 2 pts on WW