some days are better than others :)

• I said "no" to that little inner child that says " I want it now...gimme..gimme"

When I listen to my little niece cry for that piece of whatever she wants.. I hear myself sometimes. The thing about my niece is that she also says no when she's done eating and can easily move onto other things.

The point is I've been doing well. Decided to make some big changes in my life, great ones, and although I've had my b/p sessions they have been few and far in between.

So here's the deal, I've had company for a month straight. As the last one left yesterday afternoon and I was left to myself last night my thoughts drifted to... "yea... I can roll back into all my old habits". The thing is I was feeling good about myself, moving forward and I was willing to throw it all to the wind because I was alone in the house again. So I called some friends, took a bath, caught the last half of an OA meting and just went to bed. What gives me the right to disrepect myself this way? I wouldn't shove food down someone elses throat. Why do I feel mine is less valuable? Like my self repect isn't that important. I'm starting to understand it's about my self repect and my ability to handle boredom with activity, and stress with exercise, writing or talking with someone.

I realized that the reason why I was okay during the month on a whole was I wasn't bored with people around ( I couldn't isolate myself) and there was always someone to talk to about my day so I didn't have to feed it instead. I survived and thrived this way and was happy. This is the path I want. I choose to continue to be happy. It was one small battle won but I'm willing to continue this war. I'm worth it.

take care all,

runnergirl
  • Hi Runnergirl... I hope you are running toward health. I'm so glad that you have made such great progress I found it interesting that you have gone to OA meetings. We don't have a OA group near my home ( it's a wee village in the mountains ). It sounds like a wonderful resource for you. So many of the groups here have similar ideas. I've also found a lot of wisdom in the low carb area. Perhaps others really belong to several catagories as well Anyways I just wanted to congratulate you on your great month and winning so many battles. Stay strong let's win this war together!! Be Well..Lori