Why does it seem like no one here speaks?

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: I'm in SoCal myself. Weather's alright, been a bit up and down this past week, I think. I've been choosing the walking and running outdoors rather than hitting the gym lately, but have slacked off the past couple of days....actually, I guess it was just today that I didn't. I've gotten used to walking just to walk and I forget that it's exercise now. I was supposed to get back to the gym last week, but, life got in the way, so I've decided that I'll get back there Tuesday.

Zombie, good for you that you're being disciplined at the gym. What sort of routine do you manage for two hours? Do you vary it up each day or stick to the same? When I was doing 2-2.5 I'd do at least 1-1.5 of cardio and then weight training for the rest. Been a while for me, though. I was doing 2 hours of spin at a time last Spring, but have slowed down my pace considerably since then for a variety of reasons.
    Generally speaking I do a full hour of Cardio on the elliptical, about 5-7 miles depending. Then I go down to the free weights for about a half hour, and back up to the machines for the last of my time. Plus, I walk too and from the gym every day. Which is about a mile in of itself. So. By the time I'm done I'm super tired. I try to get at least 5 reps in on each of the options. So I'm doing the same thing, but, I'm also doing everything.
  • Hey. I am pretty new here, so I just thought I would pop in and say hi. Pretty much in the central part of the states, in Arkansas. Aged 32 years and someodd months. Married to tall sexy man that I imported from Los Angeles. Live with him and 4 cats in a house that we are in a constant state of remodeling. Currently I have blue/green hair, and am considered the outcast of everyone I work with, and most of the people I know in real life. My internet friends think I am cool...or at least tolerate me for my hubby's sake.

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year (after a long and sucky time of trying to get pregnant and having massive fail and several invasive tests that surpassed the limits of my personal space). And one of the things they said was "well, if you lose some weight that might help" so fast forward another 6 months, I figure screw it, got back on the pill, dropped 20 pounds, all of which I gained from going off the pill. Then I kind of hit a wall, and now I joined MRC, which is a horrible eating plan consisting of insane amounts of meat. Seriously, who eats that much chicken?

Anyway, I digress. We do hit the gym or work out at home 3 nights a week for at least 30 minutes. With work and life in general we are kind of short on time for anything. So here i sit at work taking 5 minutes to check the forums and say hello. Hello!
  • Quote: Hey. I am pretty new here, so I just thought I would pop in and say hi. Pretty much in the central part of the states, in Arkansas. Aged 32 years and someodd months. Married to tall sexy man that I imported from Los Angeles. Live with him and 4 cats in a house that we are in a constant state of remodeling. Currently I have blue/green hair, and am considered the outcast of everyone I work with, and most of the people I know in real life. My internet friends think I am cool...or at least tolerate me for my hubby's sake.

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year (after a long and sucky time of trying to get pregnant and having massive fail and several invasive tests that surpassed the limits of my personal space). And one of the things they said was "well, if you lose some weight that might help" so fast forward another 6 months, I figure screw it, got back on the pill, dropped 20 pounds, all of which I gained from going off the pill. Then I kind of hit a wall, and now I joined MRC, which is a horrible eating plan consisting of insane amounts of meat. Seriously, who eats that much chicken?

Anyway, I digress. We do hit the gym or work out at home 3 nights a week for at least 30 minutes. With work and life in general we are kind of short on time for anything. So here i sit at work taking 5 minutes to check the forums and say hello. Hello!
    Well herro miss! How are you? Sorry for the late reply! I wasn't in town so I had little to no internet access. Thank's for stopping in. It's always nice to get to know new peoples. ^_^

In response to your previous statements: I have never liked the idea of those "ONE MEAL" eating plans cuz what happens when you get sick of it?
  • HIIII
    I'm also 19. And a lurker. How are youuu?
  • Hi guys! I was also wondering how active this place is! Well here I am, I'm trying to spend a bit of time on here everyday to keep myself going.
  • Quote: HIIII
    I'm also 19. And a lurker. How are youuu?
    Really friggin sore. *Cries* Lol. I spent like 3 hours in the gym yesterday and as a result I passed the **** out. But when I woke up I was like. DEAR GOD I CAN"T MOVE.

But other then that I'm doing pretty well. I'm prolly going back today to get some cardio and leg excessive in before shopping and such needs to happen. Just keeping busy mainly.

How are you today?
  • Quote: Hi guys! I was also wondering how active this place is! Well here I am, I'm trying to spend a bit of time on here everyday to keep myself going.
    It's honestly as active as you want to make it dear. ^_^ Stick around here and you'll have at least me to chit chat with.
  • The reason you do not see a lot of speaking here is because this is not a chat room, although a fair amount of chatting goes on, predominately about weight loss.
  • Yes, BARGOO -- you are correct; while there are a few monthly or weekly or even daily chat threads, most people seem to post occasionally. They get busy and don't come back. So many people come here for a short while then leave; others stay to lose the weight, then leave. Only ones like you and I seem to stick it out for years & years, becuz we've learned the value of this site to keep us on track, whether it be for weight-loss or maintenance ...

ZOMBIE ~ you did the right thing by starting a daily or regular chat thread to get some conversation going. I have started threads for that too; but I have to make sure I come back regularly to keep them going. That could be a good motivation for you to stick around too.

Btw, I just wanted to add that you be careful with your exercise regime there. You can over-do it. If I do that then I am wiped out for the next few days or a week. It would be better to start out at 45-60 minutes a day, and be able to stick to that long-term than hurt or wear yourself out, then quit. You don't need to do that much exercise to lose weight; experts say 30-60 minutes a day is great (start at 30, and work up to 60).

Hope you are feeling better today ...
  • I have only been a member for a few days, but I'm loving it. I find that sometimes it's tempting to just look at the boards and not reply to anyone, but what kind of boards would they be if everyone did that? I think we all have something unique to offer

I really started trying to lose weight for about a week now. First step was getting off the claritin I have been taking for general allergies(dust/pollen/dander) that I have been taking daily for almost 3 years. I went off it because after a little research it became apparent that a LOT of people who take it in the long term REALLY gain weight, even when their calories are down and output is high. Scary.

After reading the boards I was enlightened to the Eat Stop Eat program, which is some form of intermittent fasting (1-2 days a week, 24 hours at a time, like 6 pm to 6 pm). I decided to give it a try because I can go all day without eating(my problem is binging at night-so I'm gonna try not to). I'm currently 2 minutes away from my 13th hour. I can eat normally again after 1 am.

That sounds like a silly time, but for some reason my normal sleeping schedule has become really weird. Seriously. I go to sleep around 5 am every day and wake up between 12 pm and 1 pm.

ANYWAY, I digress. Hope all you ladies all have a GRRRRRREAT day!
  • Quote: The reason you do not see a lot of speaking here is because this is not a chat room, although a fair amount of chatting goes on, predominately about weight loss.
    Wow...

I edited this.

All in all the original message pretty much tells you that your being rude with this comment. That's about it.
  • Quote: Yes, BARGOO -- you are correct; while there are a few monthly or weekly or even daily chat threads, most people seem to post occasionally. They get busy and don't come back. So many people come here for a short while then leave; others stay to lose the weight, then leave. Only ones like you and I seem to stick it out for years & years, becuz we've learned the value of this site to keep us on track, whether it be for weight-loss or maintenance ...

ZOMBIE ~ you did the right thing by starting a daily or regular chat thread to get some conversation going. I have started threads for that too; but I have to make sure I come back regularly to keep them going. That could be a good motivation for you to stick around too.

Btw, I just wanted to add that you be careful with your exercise regime there. You can over-do it. If I do that then I am wiped out for the next few days or a week. It would be better to start out at 45-60 minutes a day, and be able to stick to that long-term than hurt or wear yourself out, then quit. You don't need to do that much exercise to lose weight; experts say 30-60 minutes a day is great (start at 30, and work up to 60).

Hope you are feeling better today ...
    I have taken that time span in to consideration but the thing is I don't feel worked out if I only go for an hour. I am being careful however and being sure to eat accordingly to match my activity levels. I think a lot of my soreness has to do with the fact that I've been steadily increasing my resistance, which, logically would cause some sort of discomfort. No worries, if I were over doing it I have an entire pack of people that would tie me down and make me rest. ^_^
  • Quote: I have only been a member for a few days, but I'm loving it. I find that sometimes it's tempting to just look at the boards and not reply to anyone, but what kind of boards would they be if everyone did that? I think we all have something unique to offer

I really started trying to lose weight for about a week now. First step was getting off the claritin I have been taking for general allergies(dust/pollen/dander) that I have been taking daily for almost 3 years. I went off it because after a little research it became apparent that a LOT of people who take it in the long term REALLY gain weight, even when their calories are down and output is high. Scary.

After reading the boards I was enlightened to the Eat Stop Eat program, which is some form of intermittent fasting (1-2 days a week, 24 hours at a time, like 6 pm to 6 pm). I decided to give it a try because I can go all day without eating(my problem is binging at night-so I'm gonna try not to). I'm currently 2 minutes away from my 13th hour. I can eat normally again after 1 am.

That sounds like a silly time, but for some reason my normal sleeping schedule has become really weird. Seriously. I go to sleep around 5 am every day and wake up between 12 pm and 1 pm.

ANYWAY, I digress. Hope all you ladies all have a GRRRRRREAT day!
    What is this Eat-stop-eat program. It sounds kind of odd.
  • Google Eat-stop-eat. Lots of info = pro and con.
  • I'm not sure what to think of this eat stop eat thing but I definitely couldn't do it, I get terrible migraines when I skip meals.. It doesn't sound healthy to be honest but I don't know much about it. If it works it works but I guess it comes down to whether or not the weight stays off long term.

I'm just trying to completely change my eating habits, so no more desserts etc. Nothing extreme and so far it's going well I think

I'm on antibiotics this week though and as soon as I take one it empties my stomach and I'm super hungry. Today has been the worst day so I'm not looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow.. that and a friend made lots of home made cookies. I only had 1 though. Agh.