IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/24/12

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • Good morning everyone, I will have my 2nd weigh in on Thursday, I have been doing great - not one little cheat at all. I am surprised though that my weight hasn't dropped at all in the last few days, I am down a couple of pounds since last Thursday but that's it. My husband made chicken cutlets two nights ago and I have been eating them for the last two suppers, he put quite a lot of spices (I don't know what really he put on them) and I wonder if that could be slowing my progress down? Do some spices have sugar in them? On my scale at home, I weighed 201.5 on Sunday and yesterday and today I have weighed 202 (my scale weighs me less then the one at the clinic).

Now please don't get mad at me and say I should be happy - because I am, I am just wondering if I am eating something maybe I shouldn't be? I have been following the program completely.
  • Quote: Good morning everyone, I will have my 2nd weigh in on Thursday, I have been doing great - not one little cheat at all. I am surprised though that my weight hasn't dropped at all in the last few days, I am down a couple of pounds since last Thursday but that's it. My husband made chicken cutlets two nights ago and I have been eating them for the last two suppers, he put quite a lot of spices (I don't know what really he put on them) and I wonder if that could be slowing my progress down? Do some spices have sugar in them? On my scale at home, I weighed 201.5 on Sunday and yesterday and today I have weighed 202 (my scale weighs me less then the one at the clinic).

Now please don't get mad at me and say I should be happy - because I am, I am just wondering if I am eating something maybe I shouldn't be? I have been following the program completely.
    I would definitely suggest looking at every single ingredient of things you're putting into your body while on IP [at least until you get accustomed with things] because there CAN be hidden sugars or things in spices or anything really.

Also, a couple of pounds is AWESOME. There will be weeks where you don't lose or don't gain or where you may gain a tiny bit, but it WILL come off. Everyone is different & will lose different. Just keep your chin up & it WILL happen as long as you stay on plan.
  • Thanks for the help guys! It is nice to know that I am on track! My coach just called and she told me I am on track. I appreciate all of your help and encouragement! Blessings!
  • Quote: Can you post a general time line of your day?
    What seemed to help me the most was a set up like this.

B: shake or restricted.
    S: 1 cup veggies.
    L: shake or restricted & 1 cup veggies.[only 1 restricted, I just switch back & forth]
    D: 8oz protein & 1 cup veggies.
    S: shake.

It helped me to space them out like that or to even throw in some egg whites [boiled] in there sometimes. Snacking on a few pickles helps too. Just try to take it easy <3
    thanks for sharing your daily intake. I think this makes more sense then the way I have been eating. not having snacks or eating every 2 to 3 hours has been a problem for me but spreading out the meals thru out the day makes more sense. Again, thanks so much. I believe I will try this approach and see if I'm less hungry between meals.
  • Quote: thanks for sharing your daily intake. I think this makes more sense then the way I have been eating. not having snacks or eating every 2 to 3 hours has been a problem for me but spreading out the meals thru out the day makes more sense. Again, thanks so much. I believe I will try this approach and see if I'm less hungry between meals.
    Are you using IP or alternatives? No problem! That's what we're here for Have you been on IP since December?
  • Quote: Good morning!!So, I'm finally hitting that stage in IP I did the first time about 3 weeks in where I'm actually really starting to care for myself and how I look. I'm not really one for make up, cute clothes, or getting my hair all done up because after chasing toddlers all day I'm tired and it never stays on. However; I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to feel good enough about myself to straighten my hair most mornings, and put on a little make up, and dress up in a cute outfit. Even though I'm still in the same sizes I'm finding things that didn't fit before are now fitting and I'm loving wearing cute skirts.
    Isn't it such a good feeling! I'm sure you look fabulous! ...and I'm sure others are noticing

Quote: Good Morning Ipeeps,

I would like to start by saying:

Hello, my name is Marissa and I WAS a foodaholic. I was eating all the time. I was always hungry. I craved food all the time. I can finally admit that I had a problem with food. When I would get to work in the morning the first thing that I would do with my co-workers is start and decided what we were going to have for lunch, then I would snack throughout the morning, go have lunch, and snack some more all afternoon, go home eat dinner, and snack more in the evening. No wonder I was at the point I was. And I have to say that ever since I have started this plan I no longer crave food. I know when I am truly hungry becuase my stomach will roar, then I know it is time to eat. I now know the difference between a head hunger and a true hunger. I know that I will always have this problem, but at least I have finally learned how to control it and not let it control me!!!!!!!

With that said, I had WI# 10 and I have lost another 4.8 pounds.
    You look fantastic!! Your pictures definitely show off your hard work. Keep it up girly

Quote: So this weekend wasn't such a good one, we got snowed in so although the relaxation was nice, all I need was sleep & eat! ahhh, I HATE to cheat because I always go too far, like once I eat one bad thing, it's like why not another? & and from then on, I like go on a binge. Well needless to say it wasn't worth it, I'm now 3lbs heavier ... mix of guilt & i've been blessed with "that time of the month" BUT, I guess we alllllll make mistakes ...it's time to get back on track and move ahead, NO DWELLING. Having to face my IP coach @ WI today is going to be punshiment enough! All that $$, wasted.

Sorry if this post is negative amongst all the postive things you all have going on, but I find it helpful to "confess" so that I can start fresh!

Hope everyone has a skinny day
    What you ate is done and over with - just move forward and don't look back. Just remember this feeling of disappointment you have by eating off plan...use that feeling the next time you plan on cheating. You can do this
  • Quote: Day 76 and on the home scale I'm within 3.5 lbs of goal...gotta just keep chugging along and staying OP. I was hoping to make goal this Friday so I can switch to P2 but it looks like it's gonna be one more week of P1. Hope everyone is doing well and staying OP!
    That is wonderful.
  • Just popping in and saying hello! I've been MIA here...mostly because 1) last week's weigh in was bad (because I WAS bad haha...) and because life is pretty hectic.

I'm happy to say I'm back on track though. ...And a few 10ths of a pound away from my halfway point. I can't believe it's gone by so fast!!

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • For the new people-here is my food plan. I find I am not hungry too often, unless it's meal time! I drink lots of water, caffeine free green tea and take the supplements.

Breakfast-1 pudding made into a shake with coffee or tea, or coffee with pudding "muffins"-the blueberry are amazing

Lunch-1 large salad w 1 c cucumbers, oil and vinegar dressing and an ip soup with 1 cup mushrooms or mashed cauliflower and spices. Don't give up on the soups too soon! They are filling and seem like a real meal!

Snack-1 ip pudding or a bar

Dinner-approx 8 oz meat (I vary between steak, fish, chicken, pork tenderloin) 1 cup asparagus and 1 cup broccoli or cauliflower

I do work out most days and on those days I do have an extra packet.

Good lunch to the new people! The first week is the hardest-but soon the tiredness/dizziness will pass and you will feel great!!! Keep trying different things until you find what you like!
  • Quote: Are you using IP or alternatives? No problem! That's what we're here for Have you been on IP since December?
    I am using IP only. and have been on the plan since Nov 21. I have lost 27 lbs so far just seem to be slowing down more a great deal. will be meeting with my coach tomorrow and will discuss if I need to do the cleanse.
  • I tried the cleanse over the last week. I didn't like how I felt and it did not help with loss for me.

There are some old threads discussing it, but I think it is a waste of $.
  • Quote: Good Morning Ipeeps,

I would like to start by saying:

Hello, my name is Marissa and I WAS a foodaholic. I was eating all the time. I was always hungry. I craved food all the time. I can finally admit that I had a problem with food. When I would get to work in the morning the first thing that I would do with my co-workers is start and decided what we were going to have for lunch, then I would snack throughout the morning, go have lunch, and snack some more all afternoon, go home eat dinner, and snack more in the evening. No wonder I was at the point I was. And I have to say that ever since I have started this plan I no longer crave food. I know when I am truly hungry becuase my stomach will roar, then I know it is time to eat. I now know the difference between a head hunger and a true hunger. I know that I will always have this problem, but at least I have finally learned how to control it and not let it control me!!!!!!!

With that said, I had WI# 10 and I have lost another 4.8 pounds.
    YAY!! You look great. Keep up the good work!!
  • Quote: Can you post a general time line of your day?
    What seemed to help me the most was a set up like this.

B: shake or restricted.
    L: shake or restricted & 1 cup veggies.[only 1 restricted, I just switch back & forth]
    D: 8oz protein & 1 cup veggies.
    S: shake.

It helped me to space them out like that or to even throw in some egg whites [boiled] in there sometimes. Snacking on a few pickles helps too. Just try to take it easy <3
    I love this, omgzitsmiranda. I have been struggling with getting all my foods in. The two cups of veggies are just too much for me at meals and then I am often hungry an hour before or after a meal. I think I need to spread out the veggies like you so I get it all in. I started doing egg whites sometimes and that really helps with the hunger.

Does anyone know if the following count as veggies or lettuce?
    Spinach
    Arugula
    Kale (it is sold in the salad packages now)

I treat things like iceberg and romaine as lettuce and add veggies to them but with spinach and arugula I usually just eat it plain. They seem to be so much more substantial. But, I really don't know how much constitutes 2 cups.
  • Spinach arugula and kale are considered veggies.
  • Hi everyone, just starting my 4th week. I didn't weigh in on saturday, decided to do it every 2 wks because it is an hours drive and weather has been bad. Can't wait to see what I've lost. Definitely can tell in my clothes. Have a wonderful day everyone! By the way, I just had a IP caramel nut bar delish!