The last 10 pounds...or so

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Last year I lost 22 pounds in 1 month exercising "as usual"... Or all the time!

It didn't seem to affect me until I got down close to goal. Then I struggled and reassed my goal from 140 to 145.

If I could get back to 145 I would be very happy. This morning I was 153.
  • Quote: Last year I lost 22 pounds in 1 month exercising "as usual"... Or all the time!

It didn't seem to affect me until I got down close to goal. Then I struggled and reassed my goal from 140 to 145.

If I could get back to 145 I would be very happy. This morning I was 153.

same situation for me... I lost weight during the summer because of the boot camps I was in but once I reached a certain point, the scale would not budge. (hence why I started IP)

I am 155 lbs currently and hoping to get to 135 lbs.... long ways to go!
  • I should clarify-when I lost the 22 pounds I was also doing ip.

I had been exercising intensely for a long time without losing much weight.

The best thing was at 150 I was very muscular from all that hard work, and my body fat was down to 16%.

Last Friday I was 155 and 18%.
  • Quote: It just seems wrong somehow that exercising would hinder weight loss so much! What I am burning if I am only eating 900 calories a day and I work out for a hard 60 minutes?

It shows why "exercise and a sensible diet" will never work for most people!

To prove them even more right I skipped yesterday's workout and am suddenly down 2 pounds...

On the body analysis scale my hydration numbers are always very high. Maybe it is water retention form working out...

I want to see a loss this Friday. Maybe I will stay out of the gym until Saturday!
    I have been having similar issues with working out and not losing weight. I it makes us retain water. I'm interested to see if your results were better this Friday
  • Quote: I should clarify-when I lost the 22 pounds I was also doing ip.

I had been exercising intensely for a long time without losing much weight.

The best thing was at 150 I was very muscular from all that hard work, and my body fat was down to 16%.

Last Friday I was 155 and 18%.
    Wow! 18% body fat is really low. Why would you want to lose more? Sounds like you're really focused on the number on the scale when maybe there isn't hardly anything left to lose other than lean mass. Why would you want to give that up? You should be sooooo proud of yourself for being muscular and having such low body fat! I'm totally jealous! Wish I could ever get there!
  • Weight loss is no easy matter. I'm 130 pounds or so overweight at 310 lbs currently, when 180 would
    Really be nicer. I dropped from 340 to 290 in only a few months, but have piled back on 20 lbs in just a month. Losing 10 lbs is easy as pie when you've got 100 or more extra pounds and nearly 20 extra inches on your belly. Those first 10 lbs are nothing when you have a ton of fat to start w ith. The last 10 lbs are like Impossible to lose. I reached sort of a plateu going from 340 to 290, could never get below that number. I weigh and measure myself constantly.

The main thing leading to losing 50 lbs was quitting drinking for awhile.the empty calories from booze cause a lot of weight gain. Being stuck at 290-295 for a month plus got me depressed and feeling hopeless so I went back to drinking and quickly put on 20 lbs or so. Time for me to give the vodka sevens a rest. I'll lose like 10 lbs in 2-3 days once I quit for awhile then 10 more pounds soon after and be stuck back at right around 292. That is just where my body settles at, a lot better than the current 310 ! I know exactly where it is going and that getting under 290 is unlikely.

Something along the lines of the last 10 pounds are not even in my thoughts as remotely possible. Ten pounds of fat left is like an unachievable fantasy, I'd gladly accept the fact that I can't lose the last of the blubber and take 190 lbs instead of 180 as a final weight, that is a petty difference ! My doctor has a realistic short term goal of me getting down to 260. I'm afraid to see her next week with the recent 20 lb gain