Question about fish oil...

• I have been on IP 5 months now and am starting to get the hair loss thats been talkd about.. I find my hair EVERYWHERE.. i see it around my desk in little piles, i see it on my sidewalk in the snow, all over my son.. its everywhere... so i read the thread and it mentioned uping fish oil to 3 pills at every meal.. now my question is is this to much? or is there such a thing as too much fish oil??
  • I take 2,000 mg a day. I don't know if it help with hair loss or not. Good luck!
  • There's a hair loss thread...I take an OMEGA III and an ANTIOXY in the morning and and at supper.
  • i read the thread.. im just wondering if 3 omega 3's at every meal is too much.. it seems like a bit much.. my pills are with the edh and hdg combined 312 mg.. so taking 9 pills a day is equal too 2736mg.. ?
  • That sounds like a lot of fish oil. I take three of them at lunch. I am having a little hair loss, but nothing compared to when I lost hair on Atkins when I wasn't taking anything.
  • Quote: i read the thread.. im just wondering if 3 omega 3's at every meal is too much.. it seems like a bit much.. my pills are with the edh and hdg combined 312 mg.. so taking 9 pills a day is equal too 2736mg.. ?
    You should be okay with that amount. I use Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega which is considered a high grade fish oil. Depending on what brand you buy, you might be able to take less than you are taking now.
  • Quote: You should be okay with that amount. I use Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega which is considered a high grade fish oil. Depending on what brand you buy, you might be able to take less than you are taking now.
    It's twice as much as you need. Are you balancing Omega 3s and 6s?
  • yup.. i have decided to cut back and just take my three a day.. one at each meal.. thnks for all you input !