LA Weightloss #63

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Just thought I would start a new thread other one was getting kinda long!!
  • Jib....All you need is the motivation...Once you have that you can do anything. I was motivated after we came home from the honeymoon and I could not fit my pants. I was so depressed that I called a friend of mine and we decided to do LAWL. For me I was desperate and I was ready to try anything. We started on Nov 6th and as of Saturday February 22 I have lost 30.8lbs. It is amazing. I am 2lbs below the goal weight that I set. I would like to lose a little more...so I am going to continue until April. And then I will start my maintenance or something like that...Not really sure what the next step..I am actually a little nervous of the next step.

I didn't do the LA Lites....too expensive for me. I joined right after our honeymoon and we were sooo poor but I wanted it. I did buy a few boxes and then I went to Walmart and did a comparison. I find that the Luna bars are very compatiable and well in my budget. So yes....I enjoy eating two bars a day. Sometimes I think that is the only way I make it.
  • I thought some people were using the Luna's. I may buy a few boxes of lites this week....but I am going to check out other bars over the next couple weeks. It is just crazy to pay $2 a bar at the center.
  • Jib..
    How was your Take off Weekend? I was thinking about you.

Any one buy the cook book? Is it worth it. I need a bit more variety..
    Thanks...
  • Weekend went well...I am on day 3 today! I will be glad when tomorrow comes.

I did not buy the cookbook, but I have a really old one...I use some recipes from there.
  • I bought the cookbook and I like it! Gives you some variety for your meals.
  • I am keeping an eye on the ones for sale on ebay...if I find a good deal, I will get it. : )
  • Hello
    Hiya!

Jibelle - good to see you back again! Good luck on LAWL! When I eat them, I use the Luna bars too. I used to love the Oasis bars but they seem to have quit making them or something.

It looks like everyone is doing so well! I need to get re-motivated! I keep cheating! Little cheats but cheats none-the-less! Now that dh is back on a regular day shift I'm hoping that will help us both out.

I hit my "goal" weight last wednesday! Woo-hoo! But I am paid up through the first of May so I'm going to keep going and see how I do. I would love to make it down to 150 but 160 would be fine for me too.

Good luck this week to everyone!!

Take care!
  • WOW....it is soooo nice to see people hitting their goal weights! CONGRATS!

I just had my first weigh in. I lost two pounds on the LA express. Not too bad. I am soooo glad that I start the real plan tomorrow, I am sick of raw veggies and I NEEEED some carbs.

I bought 10 boxes of LA lites. I think I will use them for soups and shakes.....and supplement the rest with Luna Bars. One of our stores here has Balance Gold bars...there is a caramel nut blast that tastes just like a snickers! I am going to buy one and bring it home to compare the labels. I REALLY hope they are similar because they are oh so yummy.

So what flavor Luna bars are good??
  • LAWL?
    Hello all,

LAWL, Please,tell me what that means. I am new and sorta lost but the weight loss sounds so great.

Thanks,Venetia
  • LA Weight Loss

They have a little info at www.laweightloss.com

If you have any specific questions...just ask!
  • O.K...Sirk..first off....congrats for reaching your goal...you are my inspiration...
    I am almost one month into the program..and I need some of your motivation. I am having a problem of cheating...not huge cheats....but just like you..they are cheats (but I have not lost all my weight.) Did you loose the weight fast? Did you have many set backs?

I do not know why I fight this weight loss thing....I can't seem to let go......Maybe I should do the quick start again... I dunno, I am really negative today. Maybe I need to make mini goals, like I see some of you doing, that way looking at the entire 68 lbs left to loose is not soo overwhelming. I'll check back later.
  • I think the mini goals really help. It is hard for me too look at my 80 lb loss goal...it seems so far away. It is easier to do it in small mini goals. Plus....it gives you lots of little reasons to celebrate! When I make a goal I always do something nice for myself....like a manicure or CD.
  • Hi All:
    I have not been doing much of LA lately, I felt like I was losing the same 3 pounds over and over so I felt I needed some kind of a break.
    Marcie I am glad you are back I know I missed seeing your posts.
    Sirk Congrats reaching your goal.
    Diane
  • Rock bottom
    Monkeybabies - Hi! To answer your question, I was very motivated when I started. I had just been on a family vacation (Mom, brothers, in-laws, neices etc...) at an amusement park and I was barely fitting in the rides! So it was a week after we came home that I decided the weight needed to go. My biggest help? My husband! He's been doing it with me and has lost at least 50 - 60 lbs. himself! But now we're both having a hard time getting back on it full time! I have faith in us though!

And the weight came off quite quickly I thought. I was so surprised! Now I just wish this last 30 pounds could come off as quick as the first 30!

Good luck to you just keep going and you can do it! If you slip don't give up!

Take care!