Slow Dancing with A Stranger {6} "Salsa"

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • Sum, that is exactly what I don't want to happen, give up because the scale isn't moving as fast as I think it should. It would be tragic to look back in a year and have gained all my weight back because I couldn't get my mind in the right place.
    Great job on all that walking. It still cracks me up at how fast you walk. You would lap me on my best run day!!!
  • Hello everyone,
    Jo, you are almost there, Hoorah!

K90 naughty Skye!

Sum the evil scale will not win! (They are very conspiritorial contraptions!)

Did well at the birthday lunch Friday, ate mostly veggies, so I had a bite (literally, just two bites each) of cake and ice cream. Total was only 550 cals! Ate more than that at dinner at home, about 750 cals. TTL for day was 1550

Saturday and Sunday, today, were maintenance days. weighed Saturday, still just under 179 so no change. Hoping to see some reasonable movement by next Friday if I stay on plan. Would like there to be a change when I see doctor in a couple of weeks.

Have a great coming week everyone
  • TOM is here -- On a positive side, scale is still at 152....I am hoping that stalling at 152 was the TOM weight "gain", and after TOM leaves I will finally see 140's

It is cold here in MI, 7 degrees

Plan for today;

walk 7 miles

Bfast; purefit protein bar
    Lunch; salad with salmon, veggies, feta and dressing
    Dinner; baked chicken breast, brown rice, side salad
    Snacks; fruit, yogurt, trailmix
    Cal goal 1500
  • Jo!!!!!! Great to see ya!!!!!

Today I start training so will be stuck in a classroom all day for 2 weeks - let's hope I keep up the motivation to move after work due to that I don't do well being stuck in a classroom, but, it will be worth it. The extra training will allow me to have opportunities for more OT at work, and I am all about the OT to make ends meet easier when summer utility bills hit!!! Have a super day all!!!!

Sum - 7 miles is a great number!!! Wow! I am so impressed by you!

forlove - Great job at the birthday! Super to be gaining self-control

jo - I have no doubt you will be successful. Everyone stumbles with motivation occasionally - but you are getting your groove back on and that is where it counts!

Krystal - Hope you enjoyed your spike day I still find it amazing that one day in the week that you up the calories was the solution to your plateau that you held so long! Great job!!!!!
  • Quick post before I have to run.
    Going first to get my fasting bloodwork and man, I can tell the difference coffee makes for me, waaaaaaa.
    Right after that, I will go for my walk which has been taking about an hour when there is no snow to sludge through. It is cold today, extra layers for sure. Sum, I will think of you.
    After that, coffee!!!! Oh, and I should probably eat and then sometime this morning I will do a short weight workout, no longer than 20 min to 1/2 hour. I am a little sore from Sat which I thought was a light workout, so I guess I have to ease back into it. Feels kinda good to be sore again though, I have to admit.
    I will hop back on when the morning settles down to account for my actions
  • Morning ladies--WHERE IS LARRY??

JO: Nice to see you post. I'd agree on getting to one small goal, then see how you feel from there. It's no easier in maintenance range. If anything, it's harder. I guess that's why many people use body definition and exercise goals as motivation to plunge ahead because the scale is defo not going to go anywhere but up.

LOVEOFSELF: Awesome discipline at the party. I have been avoiding "cake" parties like the plague. I'd rather binge on wine than cake at this point. Basically, b/c I won't have Merlot at 2 in the afternoon, but I'll do a cake binge anytime. I also don't want that addiction again. It cost me lots of setbacks last year.

Kristiina: I'll tell you, you have many "one-ups" over me, gf. If it were 7 F in Memphis, there is NO WAY this girl would be out walking around! I don't think they make enough layering clothes for that! I hope you get into the 140s soon. I also think if you continue to stall around 152-154, you should consider doing a Spike Day for a couple of weeks. The calories for the week turn out about the same, so it's really not like you're consuming extra cals. But, you don't eat exercise cals back during the week.

Star: YUCK on sitting in a classroom again. I feel your pain there. I HATE sitting in a medical class. It's feast or famine at our hospital: you're either crazy busy and on your feet all the time OR stuck in a higher education class. I hope they don't bore you too much. Be sure to carry your WATER and some snacks in your bag so that you're not mindlessly eating, grabbing vending machine naughties & such.

So, yeah, AFM: I had NO IDEA Spike Days would break this dreadful plateau. Heck, I would have
    been beyond my goal by Halloween of last year if I had known this valuable info.
    While there may be a great deal of controversy about "Starvation Mode", there is NO CONTROVERSY about placing your body in a stage where you are just stagnant for a period of time. I am defo living proof of that.
    I am excited to finally see the scale moving after 6 months.

One thing is for sure:: And all of you can take this as an encouraging word from your SUPER COACH today.
    Education, persistence, & determination will get you beyond any motivation on this journey we are traveling. If you get stuck in a rut or get in funk for several weeks--or months in my case--, you don't have to become bitter and believe "you may be at the weight you're body is supposed to be", especially if you still see imperfections all over yourself, as I do. Don't be afraid to try a new avenue. Never stop trying to educate yourself on something new. It has been pivotal in my success this time around with these stubborn 20+ lbs.

Have an awesome Monday everyone.
  • Krystal, I am so happy you have found something that works for you. Just so you know, there is another book coming out soon that I think is called Spike Life. I love spiking too and am back at it this week. Planning to spike on Superbowl Sunday after some much needed lower calorie days this week.
    So am I confused, or are you saying you are at goal???? Do tell!
  • Quote: So am I confused, or are you saying you are at goal???? Do tell!
    Russell, the author of SD, is on MFP. We are friends
    He gives advice freely, as do many of the other seasoned "spikers".
    I love them

I'm at 145--5 to go to get to my goal!

Recap of January: I started spiking and 1/2 Mary training on Dec 30--my bday. I was 149. Now, I am 145. I've lost 4 lbs this month & am COMPLETELY satisfied with that!!

Now, if I can just get these abs together. I can see them really well now. In another 5 lbs, I may just post a few pics of my BodyRocking progress!!
  • Krystal That 4 pounds is awesome!! -- I think I may try doing the Spike Day if this eating more calories does not work out.

I NEED to work on my abs. My stomach is going down, but it looks even worse now After having two kids (one of them being 10 lbs), my skin is not bouncing back... Once I get to my goal, and if toning is not working, I am considering some sort of a tummy tuck. I don't want fat removal, just getting rid off skin.. Any thoughts? Would that be too drastic? Too vain ?
  • Quote: .

I NEED to work on my abs. My stomach is going down, but it looks even worse now After having two kids (one of them being 10 lbs), my skin is not bouncing back... Once I get to my goal, and if toning is not working, I am considering some sort of a tummy tuck. I don't want fat removal, just getting rid off skin.. Any thoughts? Would that be too drastic? Too vain ?
    I'd consider either/or actually! If I had the extra $. Go for it!!
  • Awesome OP day for me today. I have some water weight, but hoping that dissipates by the end of the week.

Monday's Menu
    Ezekiel Bread w/PB, PB2 Greek Yogurt w/Agave: 310
    15 Bean Stew w/Laura's Lean, Almonds: 300
    SBD Lazy Cabbage, Grapes, Granola: 214
    Chicken Salad w/FF Raspberry Pecan Dsg, TFM Happy Heart Mix: 404
    Total: 1228

Exercise: BodyRock, Plateau Challenge Arms & Abs, K9 Walk: 338
    Water: 88 oz

Work tomorrow night. No slacking on a Tuesday for ANY of you. I wanna see water totals & some form of exercise, even if it's "Walking to the Mailbox & back".
    It's a "NO EXCUSES" Tuesday!
  • Second day of TOM and down 1 pound to 151. TOM usually takes 2-3 pounds upon exit, do I dare to hope to see 150?

OP day yesterday -- I was in bed by 8:30 pm and slept till 5:30 am...those walks still drain me quite a bit. No more sore muscles tho, I think I am finally over the worst part and my body is used to being tortured.

I am sticking with 1500-1600 calories, it seems to be working.
  • Quote: Russell, the author of SD, is on MFP. We are friends
    He gives advice freely, as do many of the other seasoned "spikers".
    I love them

I'm at 145--5 to go to get to my goal!

Recap of January: I started spiking and 1/2 Mary training on Dec 30--my bday. I was 149. Now, I am 145. I've lost 4 lbs this month & am COMPLETELY satisfied with that!!

Now, if I can just get these abs together. I can see them really well now. In another 5 lbs, I may just post a few pics of my BodyRocking progress!!
    Yes! I PMd him a few times when I was starting out and had questions. I never thought to friend him though
    I was impressed, he is very kind and generous with his help.
    Your progress this last month is fabulous!
    One carrot for every pound! Thanks for the recap, I couldn't tell from your posts is you were losing pounds or not. Good for you with the abs. Something I will never find, lol.
  • Quote: . Good for you with the abs. Something I will never find, lol.
    I hear you!!! I am actually thinking about buying some
  • Boy, this site is giving me fits lately. Very frustrating. I am all over the web and this is the only site that gives me problems.

Recap of my day.
    Went out for my walk with my gf and just when I was almost home, my Mom passed me heading out for her walk and needed to talk, so I went on a second walk with her (she is speedy compared to my friend). So I had 2 hours in walking and was really tired, but I told myself I would get my intervals in today, so I got on the treadmill and did 25 minutes of intervals. I am trying hard to stick to my exercise goals I set for myself this week and am proud that I didn't find an excuse to not do it. It was a good burn day today for sure!!!

Trying to stick to lower calorie day today, but I will see how it goes by dinner time. I figure I have some extra calories to work with due to the extra workout, so I won't sweat it too much, but I want to splurge/spike on sunday so I am trying to stick to my guns.
    Hope everyone is having a great day!