It's the little things..

• So this morning I got on the scale and was SOOOO happy.. I know this may not seem like a lot but for me it was HUGE! I've officially dropped 2 pounds.. It's a start, but shows that even the smallest changes will help get me to my goal.. I made a personal goal to take my lunch to work everyday this week and not buy junk, and I made it! I'm so happy with myself right now!
  • That is awesome, congrats!!
  • Losing two pounds still feels fantastic to me. Congratulations on a great start. Keep up the good work!
  • Congrats!!!! Every accomplishment is an accomplishment. :-) I'm trying to learn how to be thankful for any victory. And you're already there. You're definitely on the right track.

As a side note, I've started making my lunch for work too. I've actually pre-made it for the week and it's made it soooo much easier. But I find when I actually have my lunch then I don't feel the need to buy something that I'll regret. So I definitely agree with your approach. Anything helps during the day.

Good Luck!
  • awesome
  • I'm getting better at snacks as well.. I've got pretzels, which I love.. And the one thing that I thought I would never eat, carrots.. I got some baby carrots and I'm snacking on those, grant it, I have to give them a little dip into some french onion dip, but it's fat free of course.. So that helps them go down, haha. I'm sure that I will get used to them though. I just never cared for them. I also drink tons of water, was never really a big soda drinker but I found that I drank them at work more than anything, and when I thought about it, it was more than I should've been drinking. So like tonight, we went on a little road trip to my fiance's parents' house for a visit, we stopped to get a drink for the road and i got a diet dr.pepper. Which I know I shouldn't have, but I don't like to deprive myself because I know if I do that then I end up giving in later and doing myself more harm.
  • Nice one ... a great start to the year ....