Chalean Extreme in the New Year!

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Well I really didn't like Push circuit 2
    Those single leg tap lunges really sucked! I have a feeling I am not going to be happy when I have to run tomorrow.

Looking ahead to circuit 3 and noticed more bowlers lunges, oh boy! I'm sure by week 2 I will start getting comfortable with these workouts so I'll try to stop whining now.
  • Don't worry Karray, I didn't like Circuit 2 as much either! I didn't notice the bowler's lunges... oh no! Oh well, think of how hard and strong our legs will be by the end of this I was a bit tender after Circuit 2 but nowhere near as sore as I expected to be, so perhaps it won't be as bad as you think?

Good luck on your run!

Edit: I really liked Circuit 3 so hopefully you'll prefer it to Circuit 2 as well Karray! I did the ab video after as well. I am dead. Phew!

Push Week 1 done!
  • Circuit 1 done. I hate those V-curls! I feel like one of my arms (left) can't even do them properly! I might have to lower the weight next time just to get my form right.

Moving on to W2C2 on Thursday!
  • Still here, week 2 Push circuit 3 is up tomorrow!
  • Oh my goodness, I just did my first "Burn Intervals & Ab Burner"...that was some crazy stuff.
  • Awesome Karray! You're ahead of me now as I was away for a few days and then too busy after work for a few as well!

Well done Melokoton! Hope you're enjoying the program!
  • I hate tap lunges - seriously, I get through Circuit 2 feeling like it's not nearly as hard as the other two circuits and then the tap lunges hit and boom! Exhausted!
  • Reached the halfway point of Push month - finally! Week 2 took about a week and a half because I was away for a few days and then just couldn't fit it in (bad, I know!). Hoping to stay with the calendar this week and finish up Push in the expected two weeks!

How are you ladies doing? It's a bit quiet over here!
  • I've been sick this week, so tomorrow will be the start of week 3 for me. I still really only like circuit 1, so I'm glad to be half way done with Push. My running is going well, did 4 miles on Saturday and I'm working my way up to 5 over the next few weeks.

Oh and I lost 2 pounds this week , and I think I am really seeing some arm muscles
  • Well done with the running Karray!

I have heard before (not sure where...) that muscles really 'grow' and come out when you're resting, so perhaps a few days off lifting has helped them to show up! I've definitely started noticing mine.

Hope you're feeling better!
  • Push 3 is up tomorrow, I can't believe next week is the last before Lean!

freedomreins are you finishing up week 3 now too?
  • I'm doing Circuit 2 W3 tomorrow, so you're still ahead of me Karray
  • Circuit 2 + abs done! It's going to be a pretty busy week so I have to try really hard not to fall behind again. I may attempt to get up early one morning to work out before work... I've tried this before and failed so we'll have to see if I can do it this time!

I can't believe Lean month is already so close! Can't wait!
  • Circuit 1 W4 is done. Yay!!!!
    My arms are sore from the Hammer Biceps.

I need to go preview Lean and see how much they are lifting in that phase.
  • hm i've tried to post something three times. Don't know if it's the forum or me haha

Anyway, hi there! I'm restarting Chalean extreme for the billionth time. I've had it since it came out but will start it up and then stop three weeks in. However, at 266 or so pounds I'm in dire need of getting in shape and shedding unhealthy bodyfat. Soo, this past week I restarted it yet again with the intentions of finishing it and moving on to another awesome program. I also have Turbo Fire but it's often times to fast for me so I like to do Taebo at the moment for extra cardio.

Being so heavy I notice that my legs are screaming at me so much during most of extreme's exercises, so it's sometimes hard to know if the weights are heavy enough for my arms as my legs are screaming so loud currently my body weight is enough resistance for squats and lunges so it's hard to push through that intense feeling and focus on the arms LOL