Unrealistic Beauty Standards

• Here is a YouTube video which satirizes our ridiculous media and the way society holds women up to an impossible standard of beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_vVUIYOmJM

Mods, if posting this link was inappropriate, I apologize. I am not selling a product or affiliated with the video in any way. I just felt that it perfectly expresses the frustration so many of us feel about this topic.
  • It saddens me that in this day and age we can't celebrate what makes us unique but instead society fueled by the media attempts to pigeon-hole women into a one-size-fits-all mold. Just...pathetic, really.
  • They should show it in High Schools. It's great.
  • Erm, I'm pretty sure that video is a spoof, dear.
  • Zombie, it is definitely a spoof. But it's a spoof with a message and I think the message is what Shrinking is sharing with us.
  • Mhmm.
  • Oh wow! Now that was funny!
  • have you seen this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn...eature=related
  • Love it! thanks! I've seen the Dove one too. Thanks for posting them!
  • Quote: Here is a YouTube video which satirizes our ridiculous media and the way society holds women up to an impossible standard of beauty.
    bahahahahahahaha. "Why bother to lose weight and exercise when you can just look like this". I'm sorry, that is absolutely hilarious (in a very ridiculous way) to me. REALLY THAT is what you're going to use to advertise your product? They literally might as well have said, "Why bother taking your thyroid medication?" or "Why bother getting off the couch, keep eating." This makes me sad, because I will be the FIRST photographer to admit that if one of myself or even my brides have a pimple/blemish, I will take it out because it makes them feel better about their wedding photos and themselves. HOWEVER, I do NOT think this is right for product advertisement. Adobe just did themselves a HUGE disservice.
  • Quote: Adobe just did themselves a HUGE disservice.
    This wasn't a product advertisement. They used "Adoe-BAY" "Fotoshop" to represent Adobe, but the purpose was to reveal how the media values perfection, not to sell an actual product.

It's like... 'hey women! you're not beautiful enough as you are... you can just doctor your photos so others think you're beautiful!"

It's really well done, but it's fortunately fake.

• Awesome!
  • I wasn't paying close enough attention.