Spices

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • speaking of carbs, siracha sauce is okay but I noticed it has carbs! I use a TON of this. Thoughts?
  • Quote: Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning has always been one of my favourite go to spices even before IP....and while it is listed as 0/0/0/0/0/0 lol the first ingredient is still salt.....with sodium count listed at 350mg for 1/4 tsp...

is it still okay to use? ....please say "yes" lol *puppy dog eyes*

also i really DISLIKE the walden farms stuff i have used so far....is there anything else i can use ...cuz i know i will get totally bored of salad with oil/white vinegar fast.
    I too am so sick of the WF dressings. I don't like any of them and as a result I don't eat salad as often as I should. I can't get through the taste of most of them. I keep trying and keep throwing it out. I've tried mixing a few together for a different taste, adding the WF mayo to the dressing, adding vinegar to the dressing and it's all kind of disgusting. All suggestions are appreciated.
  • I use lots of ginger, tumeric/curcumin, and cayenne pepper which are all said to aid weight loss. (I really like any of these in my morning shakes and also with my puddings... as long as I also add some extra stevia, too.)

I also use garlic and lemons -- both fresh and dried versions of both.

Salt -- which I used to avoid -- has now become a standard staple (sea salt kind.)

Annik
  • I just always look for sugar and if it has it, its a no. I have never really looked at the salt and it doesn't seem to impact my losses.
  • Quote: Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning has always been one of my favourite go to spices even before IP....and while it is listed as 0/0/0/0/0/0 lol the first ingredient is still salt.....with sodium count listed at 350mg for 1/4 tsp...

is it still okay to use? ....please say "yes" lol *puppy dog eyes*

also i really DISLIKE the walden farms stuff i have used so far....is there anything else i can use ...cuz i know i will get totally bored of salad with oil/white vinegar fast.
    i put tony's on everything!
  • Quote: speaking of carbs, siracha sauce is okay but I noticed it has carbs! I use a TON of this. Thoughts?
    i was told that cholula was a better option than sriracha, as sriracha has sugar in it.
  • Quote: I too am so sick of the WF dressings. I don't like any of them and as a result I don't eat salad as often as I should. I can't get through the taste of most of them. I keep trying and keep throwing it out. I've tried mixing a few together for a different taste, adding the WF mayo to the dressing, adding vinegar to the dressing and it's all kind of disgusting. All suggestions are appreciated.
    I agree - if i have to smell that phony chemical smell again it will be too soon
    I have made a few of the homemade dressings and they are SO much better (and help get your oil in)

I have also acquired a taste for salad with just a bit of olive oil - lemon - and salt and pepper - coming from a former salad dressing whore it makes me quite proud! (and easy to do in restaurants)
  • Quote: I agree - if i have to smell that phony chemical smell again it will be too soon
    I have made a few of the homemade dressings and they are SO much better (and help get your oil in)

I have also acquired a taste for salad with just a bit of olive oil - lemon - and salt and pepper - coming from a former salad dressing whore it makes me quite proud! (and easy to do in restaurants)

I was being creative with some packages today but now I think I will move on to salad dressings. I was at the olive oil store and got a couple new ones. I'm sure I can find some combo that works.
  • I make a lot of spice rubs from scratch so that I'm certain there is no sugar and I can reduce the salt.

Once the spice rub is mixed up, I keep it in a sealed tuperware container next to the stove so that I can season my proteins and veggies with it.

Fresh chopped herbs (rosemary, basil, thyme) from the garden are also fantastic ways to add favor to boring lettuce.

If you search for rub or marinade recipes that are diabetic friendly, they are generally IP friendly too. Here is a link that may help:
    http://www.diabeticlifestyle.com/eat...cipes-diabetes